Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306964 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6555 on: April 10, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »

Fair enough.  Just wasn't sure if there wasn't something preventing it medically.

Oh no. I just don't want to deal with it. I want it done and done correctly. Dentures are fine for some cases, but they aren't for me.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6556 on: April 10, 2018, 05:21:40 PM »

Looks like I'm gonna have a new car payment soon, or at least the equivalent of one.

Got the estimate on how much my dental work is going to cost me: $46K

My butthole is clinching something fierce.

WTF?!  Wow.  Will they be made of solid gold?

I don't blame you though.  I wouldn't want dentures.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6557 on: April 10, 2018, 11:02:33 PM »

Oh no. I just don't want to deal with it. I want it done and done correctly. Dentures are fine for some cases, but they aren't for me.

My wife had her 29th anniversary of her 21st birthday in January, she inherited genetically bad teeth. Her dad had a full set of false teeth before he was 20.  She's down to her last 4 molars and we're looking at a full set of dentures for her.  The dentist can even recommend the implants because of two factors, her body tends to react badly and reject metal objects (she has a horrible nickel allergy) and she's got bone deterioration in her jaw already, so it's possible the anchors wouldn't ever hold.

But yeah, insurance barely touches it and dental work is so expensive... it's really frustrating, because you can't get by without your teeth (Sort of can, but do you want to live on puree'd food forever) but you sure as hell can't afford to get them fixed...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6558 on: April 11, 2018, 12:07:33 AM »

My wife had her 29th anniversary of her 21st birthday in January, she inherited genetically bad teeth. Her dad had a full set of false teeth before he was 20.  She's down to her last 4 molars and we're looking at a full set of dentures for her.  The dentist can even recommend the implants because of two factors, her body tends to react badly and reject metal objects (she has a horrible nickel allergy) and she's got bone deterioration in her jaw already, so it's possible the anchors wouldn't ever hold.

But yeah, insurance barely touches it and dental work is so expensive... it's really frustrating, because you can't get by without your teeth (Sort of can, but do you want to live on puree'd food forever) but you sure as hell can't afford to get them fixed...

Point of Information: Dental implants are made from titanium, which is a non-toxic, biocompatible metal that is also non-ferromagnetic (meaning you can get an MRI done with them with no side effects like you would with steel). Additionally, titanium is a low-density, high-strength metal, meaning the weight differentiation is negligible. It also is one of the best materials for osseointegration (where an implant fuses to the bone), which allows for a strong bond.

As to the jaw deterioration, that is typically remedied by bone grafts (where bone is affixed to the area to shore up the existing bone and allow for a stronger bond). Of course, a reasonable expert will angle the implants to take advantage of as much bone surface as possible, especially at the back.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #6559 on: April 11, 2018, 01:52:52 AM »

Complete removal of all my existing teeth, implantation of eight titaniun implants (four on top and four on bottom), and the crafting and implementation of a set of prosthetic teeth (which attach to the titanium implants).

I hate that for you Jev, my mom had all of her teeth taken out a few years ago, she hated it.  And that price....wow.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6560 on: April 11, 2018, 09:20:06 AM »

Point of Information: Dental implants are made from titanium, which is a non-toxic, biocompatible metal that is also non-ferromagnetic (meaning you can get an MRI done with them with no side effects like you would with steel). Additionally, titanium is a low-density, high-strength metal, meaning the weight differentiation is negligible. It also is one of the best materials for osseointegration (where an implant fuses to the bone), which allows for a strong bond.

It won't set off metal detectors either, so airport security is fine. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6561 on: April 11, 2018, 09:39:26 AM »

I really need to see a dentist. It has been a decade.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6562 on: April 11, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »

I really need to see a dentist. It has been a decade.
I did something like that. The Force must love me because 10 years between dentist visits and all I needed was one filling and a crown.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6563 on: April 11, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »

Ugh, it's been a decade for me too. I really need to get in >.<

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6564 on: April 11, 2018, 01:28:35 PM »

I have bad history with dentists, and dental insurance.

I was in an accident that resulted in some pretty bad damage to my teeth, so I went to get some of my teeth replaced with implants, insurance says that they will cover it, the first part of the precedure is completed and insurance is billed. What do you know they decided that replacing a trumpet players teeth (Who was actually playing paying gigs at the time) is "not medically necessary" and because I had been getting by for a couple months with a retainer that was all I needed. So we got stuck with the bill, it took us about six years to pay off and I still have to go back for a new retainer on a regular basis.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6565 on: April 11, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »

I have bad history with dentists, and dental insurance.

I was in an accident that resulted in some pretty bad damage to my teeth, so I went to get some of my teeth replaced with implants, insurance says that they will cover it, the first part of the precedure is completed and insurance is billed. What do you know they decided that replacing a trumpet players teeth (Who was actually playing paying gigs at the time) is "not medically necessary" and because I had been getting by for a couple months with a retainer that was all I needed. So we got stuck with the bill, it took us about six years to pay off and I still have to go back for a new retainer on a regular basis.

Yeah, my dental insurance is stingy. It only covers $1500 max per year.

My total bill is gonna be nearly $50K, which I will have to pay out of pocket.

I don't even know why I'm paying for the insurance to begin with.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6566 on: April 11, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »

That really sucks Frizz.

I have had a few bad experiences with Dentists and after having the wrong frelling crown installed I said frell it. I'll just live with the constant pain and save my money  Angry

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6567 on: April 11, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »

That really sucks Frizz.

I have had a few bad experiences with Dentists and after having the wrong frelling crown installed I said frell it. I'll just live with the constant pain and save my money  Angry
If it it was the wrong tooth, that's on them, and they should have eaten that cost.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6568 on: April 11, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »

If it it was the wrong tooth, that's on them, and they should have eaten that cost.
That whole thing was a frelling fiasco. Went in for a cleaning and the dentist found a spot that "had the potential to become a cavity" he wanted to "nip it in the bud" before it became a cavity. I didn't want to do anything since it wasn't bothering me, Mom said otherwise.... He drilled out 2 teeth entirely and 4 months later I had to go in for a root canal since it abscessed. They frelled that up so I had to go in for another root canal  Angry  Temporary crown I was fitted with was awesome, couldn't even tell what tooth it was on. Permanent crown is way too big, the wrong shape, the wrong color and severely interferes with my bite. Oh and every frelling day it hurts.

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6569 on: April 11, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »

That whole thing was a frelling fiasco. Went in for a cleaning and the dentist found a spot that "had the potential to become a cavity" he wanted to "nip it in the bud" before it became a cavity. I didn't want to do anything since it wasn't bothering me, Mom said otherwise.... He drilled out 2 teeth entirely and 4 months later I had to go in for a root canal since it abscessed. They frelled that up so I had to go in for another root canal  Angry  Temporary crown I was fitted with was awesome, couldn't even tell what tooth it was on. Permanent crown is way too big, the wrong shape, the wrong color and severely interferes with my bite. Oh and every frelling day it hurts.
I would have sued for malpractice.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: