Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306832 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7350 on: August 21, 2018, 12:20:35 PM »

I miss you pie! I'll never forget what D7 and and several hundred miles kept us from having together!
I hope you can get your sabers with no hassle tomorrow D7.  Smiley

Pouring out some liquor for the pie that Silenoz lost....

So SWTOR not loading properly on my wife's laptop, and more importantly where are my characters!!!!  Angry

They better not have been erased or there will be hell to pay EA... Angry

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7351 on: August 21, 2018, 08:08:11 PM »

The dark side is looking better and better every damn day.....  Angry

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7352 on: August 21, 2018, 08:08:36 PM »

The dark side is looking better and better every damn day.....  Angry
Duh

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7353 on: August 21, 2018, 09:36:38 PM »

I'm NEVER buying another LG appliance. I have been trying to get my refrigerator repaired for weeks now. It is still under warranty and they can't seem to find a single technician that can come out here to fix it. Even though there's LG techs less than an hour away from me, I am "out of their service area". And none of the independent appliance repair houses around here will even TOUCH an LG refrigerator. They hate them, apparently. I have never had such bad customer service in my life! So now I have a 3 thousand dollar stainless steel storage closet! From now on, it's nothing but Kenmore, Whirlpool, and Maytag for me. Screw LG.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7354 on: August 21, 2018, 09:43:41 PM »

Hi Ultra,

It's not just their refrigerators that suck. A friend of mine bought one of their clamshell cellphones and the build quality was none existent. The hinge was so loose that not only could you flip the phone open and closed but you could TWIST the screen from side to side!

And I noticed the phone wasn't cheap either. Hope you get it sorted (maybe get one of those refrigerators Indiana Jones hopped in in the Crystal Skull film - they seem robust!)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7355 on: August 21, 2018, 10:17:58 PM »

My LG G3 literally melted down at it’s charging port and it was under a year old. Out of the box, the phone worked when paired to a wireless headset but after my wireless headset broke, I used the wired headset that came with the phone, Beats, Bose , etc. but the stupid phone kept activating Google voice every 5 seconds cutting off my music.  The LG forums said the only fix was to replace it.  When I called LG, they told me to deal with my phone insurance which costs more than what I owed left so I bought an iPhone and never looked back.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7356 on: August 21, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

I used the wired headset that came with the phone, Beats, Bose , etc. but the stupid phone kept activating Google voice every 5 seconds cutting off my music. 

Wasn't there a microphone sensitivity setting on the phone so it only activated if you spoke loudly enough? There's usually a control like that.
(p.s. good choice with BOSE btw they make great headphones and speaker cabs)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7357 on: August 21, 2018, 10:38:36 PM »

Wasn't there a microphone sensitivity setting on the phone so it only activated if you spoke loudly enough? There's usually a control like that.
(p.s. good choice with BOSE btw they make great headphones and speaker cabs)

There was and I played with it, however, it never did a thing.  At first, I thought it was the headphone, but after using high quality ones repeatedly, I jumped to the forums to find out that it’s a known issue.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #7358 on: August 21, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »

It took me over an hour to get home from work tonight.
I work less than 5 miles from home (4.8 miles, straight line, one street.)
MODot has their heads up their collective @$$es currently.  They had a 5 year plan, it looked good, it looked simple, it would have worked.  Did they follow it... OH HELL NO!  Lets start all the projects for the next 5 years in the same 2 week time from... so now EVERY ROAD IN TOWN IS GRIDLOCKED AT RUSH HOUR.

Seriously, over an hour to go 5 freakin' miles...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7359 on: August 21, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »

It took me over an hour to get home from work tonight.
I work less than 5 miles from home (4.8 miles, straight line, one street.)
MODot has their heads up their collective @$$es currently.  They had a 5 year plan, it looked good, it looked simple, it would have worked.  Did they follow it... OH HELL NO!  Lets start all the projects for the next 5 years in the same 2 week time from... so now EVERY ROAD IN TOWN IS GRIDLOCKED AT RUSH HOUR.

Seriously, over an hour to go 5 freakin' miles...

Might be time to start riding your bike to work until Nissouri gets their act together.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7360 on: August 21, 2018, 11:17:54 PM »

There was and I played with it, however, it never did a thing.  At first, I thought it was the headphone, but after using high quality ones repeatedly, I jumped to the forums to find out that it’s a known issue.

That's the great thing about forums...you learn all sorts of useful interesting stuff! I used to use Voice Recognition software and had to set the microphone for that and to be honest it wasn't that bad. But the headset I had had a boom mic attached, these new earphones usually have an inline mic on the cable so not as effective.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #7361 on: August 21, 2018, 11:26:02 PM »

Might be time to start riding your bike to work until Nissouri gets their act together.

I've thought about it, but I need to get in better shape first... I think I'd have heart attack on the first hill in my current condition...
plus my knees are shot...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7362 on: August 22, 2018, 01:22:29 AM »

That's the great thing about forums...you learn all sorts of useful interesting stuff! I used to use Voice Recognition software and had to set the microphone for that and to be honest it wasn't that bad. But the headset I had had a boom mic attached, these new earphones usually have an inline mic on the cable so not as effective.

Agreed, I belong to quite a few forums on hobbies and interests that I like and I must say, it’s the most helpful bunch.  Sure, there are bad ones or ones with bad people but for the most part, forums like this one helps you to learn you art or craft from around the world where yuh normally would t have that kind of help

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7363 on: August 22, 2018, 02:34:00 AM »

I am coming up on my late father's birthday.

The last 9 months since his passing have been difficult.

They are not difficult because he is gone.  I am nearly 40, and my father hasn't been heavily involved in my life for about half of it - partly because he made some decisions earlier in our lives that were, frankly, pretty dark - or so I thought at the time.  The actions shattered a lot of my trust in him, because they fundamentally undermined what and we'd only started to reconnect recently, and even then, rather slowly.

Sadly, after his death, the family has learned that the decisions that we thought were his darkest were, in fact, comparatively mild.

It is difficult to reconcile that person with the face I was shown - and honestly, Obi-Wan's words continue to echo for me.

"Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be the Jedi Anakin Skywalker and "became" the Sith Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed."

What we've found thus far is pretty damning.  And there's not really a redemptive reason behind it.  Everything found seems to solely be to aggrandize himself, to satisfy his urges, at the expense of everyone around him and all of his relationships.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7364 on: August 22, 2018, 02:46:39 AM »

Sadly you seem to be describing a likely covert narcissist or even someone with more psychopathic tendencies.  Not your fault in any way and those persons are who they are... and as time goes by any redemptive, seemingly kind/generous, respectful choices aren't a possibility to even consider.  They can only pretend to be what you want or need them to be within their hidden ulterior motives ... until the attention seeking energy fix that they receive is no longer sustaining them.  Always at the expense of others.  He was your father but you don't have to be like him.  Good luck cleaning up the mess.  But please move on as the rest of your life awaits you.  Do your best to make your present and future a good experience.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: