Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313315 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7710 on: April 29, 2019, 04:43:03 AM »

Oh fudge, I didn't realize the price increase thanks for pointing it out and yeah that sucks.  Premium colors are more than tri-cree now, yikes.  It has always been +$5 for blended color plus +$5 for forum color in requisition color, so total of $10.  This is now a doubling in price.  Only thing I can think of driving this is cost of labor increase.

FOC has always been $35 as far as I can remember and yes I would love for it to be less but I usually do pony up for it on my sabers with premium sound only.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7711 on: April 29, 2019, 01:27:28 PM »

I asked customer service about this during a friendly conversation a couple of days ago, and the reason for the price increase is simply due to the fact that the saber techs building the sabers spend quite a bit of time tweaking the colors to get them right.  Back when they were "forum only" they didn't really tweak them, they just installed the resistor "menu" for the color and you took what you got.  It was basically a crap-shoot, and I can vividly remember having two SY sabers, one that was perfectly yellow and one that was decidedly orange at one end and green at the other with a slightly off-putting yellow in between.  It was the main reason I explored the AS (white) LEDs with filters when they came out for my yellows.

Now they're not "special order" anymore, they're mainstream.   A good move, IMHO, as it widens the appeal and gives a broader pallet of options to the every-day shopper.   But they also are putting a higher level of quality control on them now, which means more time with the saber techs.

And time, as they say, is money.

I don't like seeing the prices go up any more than anyone else, but honestly its not that much for a well-tuned, properly balanced mixed color.   And its still a LOT cheaper than an Emerald card.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7712 on: April 29, 2019, 03:11:50 PM »

I asked customer service about this during a friendly conversation a couple of days ago, and the reason for the price increase is simply due to the fact that the saber techs building the sabers spend quite a bit of time tweaking the colors to get them right.  Back when they were "forum only" they didn't really tweak them, they just installed the resistor "menu" for the color and you took what you got.  It was basically a crap-shoot, and I can vividly remember having two SY sabers, one that was perfectly yellow and one that was decidedly orange at one end and green at the other with a slightly off-putting yellow in between.  It was the main reason I explored the AS (white) LEDs with filters when they came out for my yellows.

Now they're not "special order" anymore, they're mainstream.   A good move, IMHO, as it widens the appeal and gives a broader pallet of options to the every-day shopper.   But they also are putting a higher level of quality control on them now, which means more time with the saber techs.

And time, as they say, is money.

I don't like seeing the prices go up any more than anyone else, but honestly its not that much for a well-tuned, properly balanced mixed color.   And its still a LOT cheaper than an Emerald card.  :-)

Honestly, I had a feeling it was something like that. I kinda noticed them starting to get much more consistent, based on member's reviews of late.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7713 on: April 29, 2019, 03:27:38 PM »

That makes sense to me, I'll happily pay the price

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7714 on: April 29, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »

I'm sorry, if they admitted they put little effort into getting the colors right before, well that is even more disappointing and kind of a slap in the face to customers.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7715 on: April 29, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »

In hind sight, perhaps, but going forward, not at all.    It's an improvement man. 

I never got yellow, but did get DVA.  It rocks, IMO.  Love it.

It's not like they just threw whatever at you, but clearly a few people weren't fully impressed.  Now everyone will be, and it's $5.  Not exactly a huge expense on a $200 lightsaber.

Kaz, please don't be too upset.  Either that, or email Emory and bitch him right out. 

The forum though dude...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7716 on: April 29, 2019, 10:53:10 PM »

In hind sight, perhaps, but going forward, not at all.    It's an improvement man. 

I never got yellow, but did get DVA.  It rocks, IMO.  Love it.

It's not like they just threw whatever at you, but clearly a few people weren't fully impressed.  Now everyone will be, and it's $5.  Not exactly a huge expense on a $200 lightsaber.

Kaz, please don't be too upset.  Either that, or email Emory and bitch him right out. 

The forum though dude...

I already cussed out a customer service lady from Amazon who kept telling my mother to verify the address of her account, even though someone hacked and stole her account and that person obviously changed the email and address of that account. So how the hell can my mother be expected to verify the address of the person who stole her account? Who ever this lady was, she was either rude, stupid orr both, and then has the audacity to give me "warnings" in regard to my language.

Saber Collection:

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7717 on: April 30, 2019, 02:24:45 AM »

I already cussed out a customer service lady from Amazon who kept telling my mother to verify the address of her account, even though someone hacked and stole her account and that person obviously changed the email and address of that account. So how the hell can my mother be expected to verify the address of the person who stole her account? Who ever this lady was, she was either rude, stupid orr both, and then has the audacity to give me "warnings" in regard to my language.

Most CS folks HAVE to do the language thing - speaking as someone in that industry, it's generally a sign that no matter what you as the CS Rep say, you're not going to reach a solution and there's not anything one can do.

With that said, if the database is correct, you may be able to ask them to check the audit log for the account and indicate what the previous address had been.  That, or request a supervisor who deals with issues of account theft.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7718 on: April 29, 2019, 08:08:19 PM »

Most CS folks HAVE to do the language thing - speaking as someone in that industry, it's generally a sign that no matter what you as the CS Rep say, you're not going to reach a solution and there's not anything one can do.

With that said, if the database is correct, you may be able to ask them to check the audit log for the account and indicate what the previous address had been.  That, or request a supervisor who deals with issues of account theft.
The second person she spoke too told her she will get a call in 24 hours, but that person also did not say if they would call her cell or home number or the current number listed on the account, you know the number of the person who stole it.

This person a Zachary Barnes, changed the email and the password, so probably changed pretty much everything else that could be used to prove it's her account. You would think they'd ask for a credit card that would be listed on your account since that's what thieves are after.

As for that first person, no solution was going to be reached, not when she's stupidly saying "we need to verify your email or address to help you." And my mom kept trying to tell her, that the email now listed on the account isn't hers, but again this CS just kept trying to insist it was the only solution. IF someone takes your account, and CS is being so dumb to not register how you the caller can't give current information since you the caller lost your account than frankly that first lady deserved to be told off, she was being a dumba**

I get in certain situations people calling in are being unreasonable, but in this one Amazons CS is being very unhelpful to borderline aiding hackers. I told my mom to freeze all her credit cards until the matter is resolve and well to keep the emails she found afterward  that show the info was changed. Which by the way at least when you change that sort of thing on Google, like your password, google emails you abut it and the email has a link that if you didn't do it yourself you can counter the change. Amazon clearly doesn't give a crap, Measures should be taken to protect customers, like not making it that easy to change account info.

Also by the point that I am taking the phone to talk to CS, is a point that things are in the crapper, because I don't like to talk to people period on the phone. I have not done a CS talk since the directv remote issue, where the remote was outdated and stopped working and they kept saying "run a remote test" and my mom kept telling them it doesn't work to do that, but nope they would not listen. And people wonder why I have rage issues.

Which is why I'm glad Marlena has always been helpful, or I wouldn't be here talking about this issue anyway.

Saber Collection:

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #7719 on: April 30, 2019, 06:35:38 AM »

Well, I bought a CG saber with SY FoC recently (meaning throught the options available, not as a "forum only" color and the result is a definitely ORANGE FoC. Must say I wasn't really impressed by it. But then again I was very shortly after the option became available so maybe they are improving from now on.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7720 on: April 30, 2019, 04:04:50 PM »

Not a fan of SY, I guess it is really hard to get right.  I see too much green in the default Diamond setting I have for it.  AS with yellow color filter is fantastic though, very pure yellow and bright too.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7721 on: April 30, 2019, 04:24:55 PM »

I like SY and US has always done SY right for me

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign