Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313288 times)
BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8040 on: May 04, 2020, 03:01:28 PM »

I wonder if site is overloaded?

Good bet.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

DarthDanklin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #8041 on: May 04, 2020, 03:04:18 PM »

In the four to five weeks that we have had this stay at home order I have had to work since the store I work at is an Essential business that must stay open.  I have had the onerous job of directing customers to the main doors of the store so that they could be counted since we are only allowed to have 100 customers in the building at any time. 

Since the stay at home order has been put into effect and people have to stay home I’m confused as to why home improvement stores have been so busy...people finally have time to paint “that room” or fix “that problem in the kitchen” or “put mulch down” or “go shopping because their bored”!

These fine customers are the people that come to the store and swear at me and cuss me out just for asking them to use the main entrance to the store.  I’ve been demeaned and called every combination of swear word names in the book constantly for four weeks and the management has done nothing to curb the issue with the customers...I don’t know how much longer I can handle this nonsense. 

I need a new job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also work at a hardware store and feel your pain. I live in Ontario so we currently are limited to curbside pickup only as per the government mandate. The amount of times I get yelled at because people can’t get their birdfeeder or plants within 2 hours of ordering is staggering. I had the pleasure of being yelled at by someone because they couldn’t order a pink pool noodle online. I think if anything, this whole thing is helping to show people’s true colours for better or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi fell long before the Purge. Stifled by tradition. Deafened by our past glories. Blinded by endless war.

- “Taron Malicos”

Dark Side Pts Preferred

Aresenal: Chosen CE, Renegade LE, Azure Fallen, Savior, Grand Master LE, Crimson Mantis, Spectre

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8042 on: May 04, 2020, 03:29:41 PM »

I wonder if site is overloaded?

It is but they dropped the ball on this one. Lots of people trying to buy the limited edition Starwars key. Myself included. Got in and got it in the cart but it wouldn’t let me pay for it. Now it’s in sold out status. Go read the Facebook page if you wanna are a long list of irate people about this situation. Especially when there are scalpers that apparently used bots to buy them all up and are now charging $70-$80 for a $13 item.
Scalpers need to die. In my opinion they are some of the lowest of life forms. I also believe that this “limited edition” crap need to go away. Just make enough for everyone to be able to buy it.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8043 on: May 04, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »

I'm all for limited edition stuff I just think that a company like Disney needs to place a purchase limit on these products to prevent scalpers from buying them up and selling them for 800% of the actual cost

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8044 on: May 04, 2020, 05:57:13 PM »

So over the weekend I was exposed to a brand new level of WTF. Apparently some millennial dip$#!% got wind that Robert Downey Jr. played a black man (African American male for those with politically correct sensitivities){said with the highest level of sarcasm} in the movie Tropic Thunder, and started #cancelrdj. My head still hurts thinking about it. These morons were butthurt to the nth degree because "he wore blackface for the role," which was wholly racist and he needed to be cancelled.

1) How the #$%& do you cancel a person. I can understand cancelling an event, a show, a movie, or a publication, but a person? Seriously, read a #$%&ing dictionary, you whiny millennial assholes.

2) Blackface is one thing, but Downey was in full blown make up. Take a look at the hair. He was legitimately trying to portray a black man.....or at least a white man that was legitimately trying to portray a black man.

3) If you're going to to gripe about something, understand it first. Almost every tweet that was for this # was from some idiot that didn't even bother to see the movie, and therefore had absolutely no #$%&ing clue that the character was a parody of the very behavior they are accusing RDJ of perpetrating.

4) If this act were truly as offensive as these idiots make it out to be, considering how PC Hollywood is, do you really think RDJ would have even been allowed to come close to any subsequent motion picture without bringing down all sorts of scandal on the project. (Bear in mind, that Tropic Thunder came out right after Iron Man, so the MCU was just getting started, and we all know how long Tony Stark played a pivotal role in it.)

What I find most ironic, is what someone else had who had seen the movie had retorted: Why is RDJ in "blackface" so offensive, but the Wayans brothers made up to portray White Chicks was comedy, and no one batted an eye. <insert joker meme here>

And people wonder why I hate people. Seriously, the human race could be wiped out in 2020 (and let's face it, if this level of stupid was allowed to be bred, we're not far) and I would give 0 #$%&s.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #8045 on: May 04, 2020, 06:57:30 PM »

It is but they dropped the ball on this one. Lots of people trying to buy the limited edition Starwars key. Myself included. Got in and got it in the cart but it wouldn’t let me pay for it. Now it’s in sold out status. Go read the Facebook page if you wanna are a long list of irate people about this situation. Especially when there are scalpers that apparently used bots to buy them all up and are now charging $70-$80 for a $13 item.
Scalpers need to die. In my opinion they are some of the lowest of life forms. I also believe that this “limited edition” crap need to go away. Just make enough for everyone to be able to buy it.

My wife has been trying to get on since 7:00 AM (CST).  She was able to get to the product pages one time to see what was there.  But, when she went to click on something to put in in her cart, it took her to the "Keep this page open" screen with the Millennium Falcon.  Right now she is waiting "in line" on the Build-A-Bear website to get a Baby Yoda.  She also tried to get an Ahsoka IttyBitty from the Hallmark website, but they are sold out.

UPDATE:

Right after I hit "Submit" I heard a loud "WHOO-HOO!" from the other room.  Mrs. Maestro Jones got her Baby Yoda Build-A-Bear.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8046 on: May 04, 2020, 09:31:47 PM »

For online exclusives this is nothing new.  NECA, Super7, Four Horseman, Mattel etc..... every time a collectible goes up thousands get screwed.  Even with purchase limits its still the same because these hardcore scalpers work in teams.  Honestly the only way to fix this is stop doing it this way and do a preorder system. 

So over the weekend I was exposed to a brand new level of WTF. Apparently some millennial dip$#!% got wind that Robert Downey Jr. played a black man (African American male for those with politically correct sensitivities){said with the highest level of sarcasm} in the movie Tropic Thunder, and started #cancelrdj. My head still hurts thinking about it. These morons were butthurt to the nth degree because "he wore blackface for the role," which was wholly racist and he needed to be cancelled.

1) How the #$%& do you cancel a person. I can understand cancelling an event, a show, a movie, or a publication, but a person? Seriously, read a #$%&ing dictionary, you whiny millennial assholes.

2) Blackface is one thing, but Downey was in full blown make up. Take a look at the hair. He was legitimately trying to portray a black man.....or at least a white man that was legitimately trying to portray a black man.

3) If you're going to to gripe about something, understand it first. Almost every tweet that was for this # was from some idiot that didn't even bother to see the movie, and therefore had absolutely no #$%&ing clue that the character was a parody of the very behavior they are accusing RDJ of perpetrating.

4) If this act were truly as offensive as these idiots make it out to be, considering how PC Hollywood is, do you really think RDJ would have even been allowed to come close to any subsequent motion picture without bringing down all sorts of scandal on the project. (Bear in mind, that Tropic Thunder came out right after Iron Man, so the MCU was just getting started, and we all know how long Tony Stark played a pivotal role in it.)

What I find most ironic, is what someone else had who had seen the movie had retorted: Why is RDJ in "blackface" so offensive, but the Wayans brothers made up to portray White Chicks was comedy, and no one batted an eye. <insert joker meme here>

And people wonder why I hate people. Seriously, the human race could be wiped out in 2020 (and let's face it, if this level of stupid was allowed to be bred, we're not far) and I would give 0 #$%&s.

I don't know how you managed to avoid this idiocy for so long...its very prevalent in the comic industry right now as well. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8047 on: May 05, 2020, 12:58:33 PM »

I don't know how you managed to avoid this idiocy for so long...its very prevalent in the comic industry right now as well. 
Because I avoid social media like the plague it is.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #8048 on: May 05, 2020, 04:17:52 PM »

The whole RDJ thing is forking ridiculous. Check out the YT video of Joe Rogan talking with Jamie Fox about it. Sure, he doesn't speak for all black people, but according to Jamie Fox, the entire black community has RDJ's back and understands the difference between blackface and what he was doing. I'm black and I've never heard of another black person having a problem with RDJ's performance in Tropic THunder.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37KieyXOYG4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37KieyXOYG4</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8049 on: May 07, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »

So do I.  I only have Facebook and I really only use the messenger to talk to family and friends.  But unfortunately this mentality has invaded many of the things I have an interest in.  Collecting, Video Games, Sci-Fi/Fantasy and especially the Comic's Industry. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #8050 on: May 07, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »

Ohhhh yesss ...

I feel better as I do not use my FB account any more ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8051 on: May 07, 2020, 05:13:56 PM »

See? People are so happy when they follow my example and don't try to follow me on FB. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8052 on: May 07, 2020, 05:27:29 PM »

I really *want* to get rid of my facebook but a lot of family uses it to stay in touch  Undecided

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #8053 on: May 07, 2020, 05:46:09 PM »

See? People are so happy when they follow my example and don't try to follow me on FB. Grin

You are not Scarlett Johansson ... why should I try to follow you??  Grin

I really *want* to get rid of my facebook but a lot of family uses it to stay in touch  Undecided

That is the main issue ... Also, my savate association uses exclusively FB for its communication ... and it is the same for the horse club of my daughter ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8054 on: May 07, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »

You could just go old school and, y'know.......use a phone.

You are not Scarlett Johansson ... why should I try to follow you??  Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: