Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Venting  (Read 21773 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2016, 01:25:54 PM »

It depends on if the Kyber Crystal was new or salvaged.  Once a Kyber crystal takes a color it doesn't change..at least that is the going theory. Have yet to see conformation on that.  Bur perhaps light will be shed after the Ahsoka novel is released soon, it will detail her obtaining her new  lightsabers. 

I know WHAT Gundam is. I just never watched it as I am not that into giant robots..with a few exceptions.

Don't know how I missed this.

So the color change is brought on through direct meditation and not just ambient proximity to the wielder's aura?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 12:21:42 AM »

I don't know of any examples of just changing due to aura presence. All cases I knew involved the saber maker affecting the color through meditation. In EU, some were alternate crystals and materials that could be used and had color. In The Clone Wars, it wasn't addressed, except that the kids all had light blue-ish crystals that resulted in greens and blues in their sabers. With Ahsoka in her book and TCW, I guess we just get what we get from the crystal that beckons the Jedi in the Force, and all dark siders breaking the crystal to their will result in red.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 12:48:43 AM »

Apparently a light sider meditating on a crystal that has been used by a dark sider (red blades) will turn the blade white once the new lightsaber is finished.

The explanation we get for the regular crystals after the Gathering was that the youngling needs to give the crystal life otherwise it is useless for what they are trying to do.  We seem them mediating while piecing their lightsabers together.  So it is likely they interact with the crystal as the lightsaber is being formed around it.  Possibly using the Force to get the crystal to the right shape to channel the energy through it to form the blade.  Doing so likely alters the facets of the crystal and thus changes what color of the EM Spectrum it projects with the beam.   My guess is that while the Jedi seek balance or harmony within the Force, the Sith seek order and power, thus it is entirely possible that their meditations tend to comes out the same regardless of the crystal used for a lightsaber, as they come out with a facet pattern that is both orderly and provides the maximum amount of power for their blade.  This happens to give the blade a red color every single time, as it is orderly and powerful.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 01:10:08 AM »

Apparently a light sider meditating on a crystal that has been used by a dark sider (red blades) will turn the blade white once the new lightsaber is finished.

The explanation we get for the regular crystals after the Gathering was that the youngling needs to give the crystal life otherwise it is useless for what they are trying to do.  We seem them mediating while piecing their lightsabers together.  So it is likely they interact with the crystal as the lightsaber is being formed around it.  Possibly using the Force to get the crystal to the right shape to channel the energy through it to form the blade.  Doing so likely alters the facets of the crystal and thus changes what color of the EM Spectrum it projects with the beam.   My guess is that while the Jedi seek balance or harmony within the Force, the Sith seek order and power, thus it is entirely possible that their meditations tend to comes out the same regardless of the crystal used for a lightsaber, as they come out with a facet pattern that is both orderly and provides the maximum amount of power for their blade.  This happens to give the blade a red color every single time, as it is orderly and powerful.

In terms of Sith the explanation is the Sith bend the Crystal to their will..by force.  Instead of developing a connection with the crystal they make it serve them..which makes the crystal "bleed".  Where the red comes from

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2016, 01:54:25 AM »

Bleeding could still be a form of ordering the crystal to a specific shape and thus causing the light to come out red.  It would be rather orderly for the Sith to all do it the same way.   The Galactic Empire is there to enforce order on the galaxy after all.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2016, 02:21:55 AM »

I like the idea of maximizing power and changing the crystal in a certain way resulting in consistent red. A crystal that has been adapted to produce 'the best' energy may always produce a reddish beam. This would continue ideas from the past where some say Sith sabers are more powerful, while some say Jedi sabers are stronger. The stability found in natural harmonious crystal structure may be of benefit, while rearranging the crystal to make a beam of particular energy may be of benefit at other times.

Also, a Sith who tries to restructure the crystal may not do as well as another Sith. Kylo's crystal being cracked may be due to his 'being torn apart' as he's not truly certain of his embracing the dark side. Or it's just some mistake or inexperience with restructuring the crystal. Either way, it gives a reason why it's cracked that could fit the character, a reason why dark siders all get reddish sabers and keeps significance of a Jedi's attempt to remain in harmony allowing such variety of color.

I still like a crystal to produce color when the Jedi's individual way of thinking affects meditation. I don't mind a crystal that is in tune with the Force, but I don't care for having Jedi walk past crystals that aren't choosing them. The inanimate sentience goes too far, taking away from character's choice and influence in some way.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2016, 05:24:17 AM »

It is not so much the inanimate, but the Force.  The Force calls through the crystal could be akin to foreknowledge that that is the crystal to be used by this particular Force wielder.   Destiny is a very real thing in Star Wars due to the Force, so it stands to reason that a Jedi would only find a crystal that will be theirs because of the Force, rather than randomly grabbing a crystal and slapping it in as if it didn't matter.

In "The Gathering" the more hot headed youngling that wished to be first, more or less grabbed the first crystal-like thing he could....turned out to be ice and melted.  He did not use the Force but just struck out at random to be first, and it cost him time.  He later attempted to be first to finish his lightsaber, and built it wrong.  Had there not been an expert there, he would have likely killed himself by having his saber explode in his hands.  This turned out to be an advantage later, but not when he rushed to complete things.  Even Yoda warned about rushing to complete ones training to Luke.  The Dark Path that can lead as one tries to do things quicker and easier, not minding where one is or what one is doing.

You end up lopping some kids heads off because your master tells you to "wipe them out".  All in the name of order and protecting one's family.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2016, 04:26:32 PM »

Question: If you have a crystal and it works in a saber, what is the point of changing its color? Jedi or Sith?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »

Question: If you have a crystal and it works in a saber, what is the point of changing its color? Jedi or Sith?

Now you're thinking Grey  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2016, 06:26:47 PM »

It's not an intentional color change. It's not a change in the ambient presence of the user. In the Disney canon Sith's case, it's about changing the crystal and dominating it. In the Jedi's case, constructing a saber involves using the Force to align the crystal inside. This meditation to feel and move the crystal also forms a connection. In EU, the crystal responds with a color that could be due to alignment, structuring or something else that's influenced by the Jedi's way of thinking in meditation. In Disney, it might just be the color that crystal had. Color may not mean anything about a Jedi's way of thinking in Disney. Red means dark side in Disney.

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2016, 06:35:25 PM »

It's not an intentional color change. It's not a change in the ambient presence of the user. In the Disney canon Sith's case, it's about changing the crystal and dominating it. In the Jedi's case, constructing a saber involves using the Force to align the crystal inside. This meditation to feel and move the crystal also forms a connection. In EU, the crystal responds with a color that could be due to alignment, structuring or something else that's influenced by the Jedi's way of thinking in meditation. In Disney, it might just be the color that crystal had. Color may not mean anything about a Jedi's way of thinking in Disney. Red means dark side in Disney.

*trigger warning*

I hate Disney.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2016, 07:28:42 PM »

Red has always meant Dark sider. You didn't answer my question. If the saber works, why mess with the crystal?

*trigger warning*

I hate Disney.

Trigger warning? Or do you mean *hammer cocking*?

Sig by For Tyeth

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2016, 07:36:24 PM »

Disney canon still follows the events of TCW series where the crystals have no color, but come out with colors after meditation.  The Ahsoka novel follows this as well.

A crystal might be a crystal, but the package built around it is usually unique and thus the power channeled through the crystal might not work the same as it did on the previous lightsaber as the shape and power might be different.  One wouldn't want to turn on a slapped together lightsaber only to have the blade come out through the activation switch and though one's hand or body.  Or have the beam scattered in all directions by the facets not being setup for the power frequency the user is putting through it.

Best to meditate with the Force and build it properly, even if that causes the crystal to change in some way.  At least you will know the lightsaber will work.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2016, 07:40:19 PM »

Disney canon still follows the events of TCW series where the crystals have no color, but come out with colors after meditation.  The Ahsoka novel follows this as well.

A crystal might be a crystal, but the package built around it is usually unique and thus the power channeled through the crystal might not work the same as it did on the previous lightsaber as the shape and power might be different.  One wouldn't want to turn on a slapped together lightsaber only to have the blade come out through the activation switch and though ones hand or body.  Or have the beam scattered in all directions by the facets not being setup for the power frequency the user is putting through it.

Best to meditate with the Force and built it properly, even if that causes the crystal to change in some way.  At least you will know the lightsaber will work.

Angry Angry Angry Still not answering the question. If you have a saber that works, why #@$% with it?

Sig by For Tyeth

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »

If you have a saber that works, sure.   Ventress bought some on the blackmarket if I recall that didn't change color since she didn't mess with them.  Most times we see this happening is because the saber in question was destroyed and a new one needed to be fashioned.

As to why the Inquisitors might not use just whatever lightsabers are left over at the Jedi Temple?  I guess they want their spinning duel bladed weapons as it gives them something the remaining young Jedi will have a problem dealing with.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)