Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Show Off Your Tattoos  (Read 18935 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:46 AM »

IF I had photo shop I'd do up the design I want for my first. But I don't so I'll just have to describe it. Cheesy

It's the Rebel Alliance Starbird and the Jedi order symbol split in half and then merged.(Basically like Nox's current signature, only Jedi Order not Imp Cog), with a lightsaber going through the middle. I'm not sure if I want this to be incorporated into my half sleeve I want eventually, or if I want it to be simply a standalone. I'm leaning towards standalone, as I don't really want the sleeve to be Star Wars.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 12:41:21 AM »

Quoted same deal

Also, some artists don't like certain styles/mediums/subjects.  For example, my artist prefers not to do American traditional, but he WILL do it.  He generally filters that down to his apprentice, who enjoys it and is quite good at it, really.   Find out what your artist is good at and make sure they can work in the style you like. 
agreed, but when looking at artists try picking one that is strong in the style you are looking for. dont use an artist with affinity for new age thick lines and cartoon look if you want a traditional style tattoo. you are choosing the artist based on their ability. play to their strengths.

I'm iffy on that.  When my artist first started, he didn't have any ink aside from one small star on his body, but he had a serious reputation already for a light touch and solid work.  He's got a handful of tatts now, but nothing major.  I mean, there are doctors that specialize in certain parts that they don't have and that doesn't make them incapable of performing the work.  It really depends on the artist.   I certainly wouldn't pass up someone with a stellar portfolio and lots of happy clients just because they choose not to have any ink.   It's kind of rare to see a tattoo artist without ink, though.   

this is VERY VERY personal as a choice. I want the guy or gal tatting me to know what it is like to sit there for more than 30 minutes and get stabbed repeatedly hundreds of thousands of times while trying not to flinch or move at all. I would pass up a better artist because of a lack of tattoos. it is rare but it is also possible. He or she can have no less than one "real size" tattoo.  (I say that meaning that it is big enough to have detail and it does have detail.)

Yes.  All of this. 

It takes approximately 30 minutes for your endorphines to kick in when you're getting inked.  I find that I can only sustain the high for about 5-6 hours before I start to feel off.  That level of tolerance is different for everyone.  Some people can sit for 10 hours and be fine.  Some can barely sit for an hour. 

I usually drink room temp water, so the whole cold water aspect of it has never been an issue for me.  I don't like cold water.   Tongue   I usually drink hot tea after a long session.  I've done the stupid thing and pushed myself past my limit.   Don't do it. You'll feel TERRIBLE later on.  Like Spades said, your body starts to get shocky after a time and it's no joke.   I've never gotten nauseated or felt faint during a session because I'm a masochist and love the way it feels, but it's not uncommon.  In fact, it's way more common than people like to admit.  You don't know how your body will react to getting inked, so if you start to feel sick?  It's fine.  Find a good stopping point and freakin' STOP.

it happens. for that matter anyone who tells you they do not hurt is a **** liar all tattoos hurt even if it is only a little and even if you enjoy the hurt.  *highfivenox* dont care for the nausea but the rest hurts so good!

And don't scratch it.  It's going to itch.  Resist the urge.  Some people "slap" their ink when it itches, but I just ignore it.  Also, sometimes, you'll bruise a bit.  Even the lightest of touches can still make a bruise.  I hear people scoff about "If your artist knows what they're doing, this will NEVER happen."  Oh, sit down.  It can happen to ANYONE, especially if you have fair skin.  It can happen in a 30 minute session or a 9 hour one.  Don't freak out.   Light bruising is normal.   And it's going to be swollen.  It's going to ooze.  Keep it clean.  Keep it lightly moisturized.  It's all part of the deal.   
I have slapped my tattoos before it works well to satisfy the itch. but I try not to. you hands and mine are filthy. and you need to keep it clean. this is your call. I wont hesitate to do it, unless i catch myself doing it alot. but bruising and oozing are things i would watch for. lines and detail work may bruise, and the area will swell. but you have just severely agitated the area. each person is different just treat it like an open wound, cause it is. as for oozing, I know what you are talking about. for the sake of clarification your tattoo should never ooze colored liquid, specifically puss. the ooze that i am assuming you are talking about is that slime you get on it. I think it might be plasma. (the water part of your blood, not the lightsaber stuff)this is ok I usually clean it and re-apply the aquaphor. i notice it in the mornings and occasionally at night. but thats when i wash it. the rest of the day i am guarding it and keeping it moist.

Nice!!  Love the font on your forearm.

I had to hunt it down. I think its called Blood Omen. and the S is modified to not have that stupid swirl at the top.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:48:22 AM by Spades » Logged

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 12:45:15 AM »

I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of needles, but looking makes me queasy...but only in a medical setting.  I close my eyes or look away at the doctor's office, but for my ankle tattoo, I watched the whole time and likes seeing the art come to life.  Nice distraction from the searing pain.

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 12:45:55 AM »

IF I had photo shop I'd do up the design I want for my first. But I don't so I'll just have to describe it. Cheesy

It's the Rebel Alliance Starbird and the Jedi order symbol split in half and then merged.(Basically like Nox's current signature, only Jedi Order not Imp Cog), with a lightsaber going through the middle. I'm not sure if I want this to be incorporated into my half sleeve I want eventually, or if I want it to be simply a standalone. I'm leaning towards standalone, as I don't really want the sleeve to be Star Wars.

Talking something like this? Sorry if it's choppy, did it in like 5 minutes

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 12:56:51 AM »

Nice job, Scrub. +1

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 01:00:01 AM »

Talking something like this? Sorry if it's choppy, did it in like 5 minutes

Sort of, just gotta add the saber! I'm either going with Obi-Wan ROTS/ANH(it won't be THAT detailed to tell the slight differences) or Anakin AOTC. I'm leaning heavily towards Anakin because that's my favorite movie hilt. And there should be a gap between them where the blade will pass(but hey, it was just a rough mock up like you said).

+ 1 Scrub!

(Sig by me!)

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 01:03:19 AM »

You could get it one it's own and if you go back to the same artist, maybe have them add more on later.  Just be up front with the artist that it's something you're considering.  I know some who happily add on to their own work, but adding onto another artist's work is kind of an no no

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 01:21:18 AM »

You could get it one it's own and if you go back to the same artist, maybe have them add more on later.  Just be up front with the artist that it's something you're considering.  I know some who happily add on to their own work, but adding onto another artist's work is kind of an no no

Oh definitely. I think I want it added to later, whether or not it ends up being a part of the sleeve.

(Sig by me!)

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 01:41:28 AM »

Do you want the saber to be in color? Within the circle or extending over the circle?

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 04:59:59 AM »

Do you want the saber to be in color? Within the circle or extending over the circle?

Blue, extending just beyond, and make the Starbird red. What's a good color for the Jedi symbol? 

(Sig by me!)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 05:10:10 AM »

Also, be prepared for the following dumb questions after you get inked:

~Can I touch your tattoo?  (Would you like me to set you on fire?)

~ Oh, that's soooo COOL!  *GRABS BODY PART FOR CLOSER LOOK*  (How's that death wish coming?)

~Did it hurt??  (No.  It felt like unicorn kisses and sunshine sprinkles.)

~That's gonna look bad when you're old.  (Because I'm going to absolutely look like a fitness model when I'm 90.  Get out.)

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2016, 05:36:15 AM »

Right Shoulder area, within last 5 yrs

Left shoulderblade Sorry camera strap dropped down, LOL around 15 yrs ago

Left Forearm Ancient 1990 when i was in the Army
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:45:36 AM by Bulvoy » Logged

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

Samunseen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Force-Sensitive with a specialty in the Dark Side

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:31 AM »

Just a few of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 11:43:00 AM »

~ Oh, that's soooo COOL!  *GRABS BODY PART FOR CLOSER LOOK*  (How's that death wish coming?)

~That's gonna look bad when you're old.  (Because I'm going to absolutely look like a fitness model when I'm 90.  Get out.)

Love these.  +1

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2016, 12:10:51 PM »

I'd also like to add

"Is that real?" - no. Its drawn on with a sharpie. Dumbass.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: