Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55701 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #375 on: December 04, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »

So the title is "The Tragedy", and I'm going to say that the tragedy was not losing the Child, but rather having the Crest be blown up.

Also, it is important to note (as I have been seeing people saying that Din needs to train with the spear) that Din already knows how to fight with a spear. The way he would use his Amban Phase-pulse blaster was like a spear. Even when electrocuting things, it would be like using the tip of the spear. Plus, I'm sure he has had training with a variety of weapons. And it is sad that his rifle is gone. No more disintegrations for him.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2020, 07:01:42 PM »

Ok thoughts now that I have see it.
Sad that the Razor crest is gone.
Happy to see the Slave I back in action on the screen.
Dark Troopers were cool but we need more of them.
I now have new respect for Boba Fett, he was a total badass this episode.
Loved this episode. Even though it was shorter then the last I didn’t feel it was short or anything was overly rushed. It felt just right.
I expected Grogu to get captured, didn’t want it to happen but kinda knew if would for the plot.
Grogu is starting to increase in power.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »

Yes, TV isn't as "looked down" upon as it once was but an unknown entity is still not going to get tons of resources thrown at it.  I hate to sound like a broken record ,but it is vital to the point, that Mando Season 2 was finishing up post earlier this year as Mando Merch started selling.  Studios will generally give something high profile like this 2 seasons (especially when known money makers like Filoni and Faverau are involved) to hit and then go from there.  I think its obvious its a hit so I am certain without a doubt Mando Season 3 is going have a much bigger budget.  From what I gathered they worked a long time on how to make the Lekku work not just with length but weight.  I went back and watched EP II just to make sure I was right and Shakk Ti was never shown fighting (I was) but when Yoda Arrives and the Jedi are seen boarding the transport the actress has to be helped up to it.  While it worked and seemed natural you could tell the head piece was weighing her down.  Its one of those production nightmares, over complicated costuming that Lucas just loves.  But I agree...Shakk Ti's outfit in TFU was....interesting.
I will concede this point for now, but I would still like to know what options were thought of and discussed before they settled on the continuity error.

I don't think I will ever reach Tolkien-level, but that is kinda what I'm going for. And yes, the details mush serve a purpose. Of course some of it is just world-building and fleshing out the society(s), but there wont be random things that are just there because I wanted them to be there. They will all make sense (hopefully).
Now you have me very curious to know what you're working on.

https://everything-is-negotiable.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/master-grogu.jpg

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2020, 10:49:36 PM »

Just watched the episode and....my...brain...exploded!

Boba Fett was my favorite character growing up, so seeing be a total BA was a real treat. I did not expect that.
I also like that they clarified that Jango was a foundling. That answers how the Fetts can both be and not be Mandalorians depending on your point of view.

Grogu getting captured was expected. With only 2 episodes left this season, I expect next episode with be Mando and the gang tracking down Moff Gideon and having another cliffhanger to be resolved for ep8

-

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2020, 11:19:37 PM »

I'll be sure you get to see it when I get it finished (if ever).

I saw this earlier, but didn't read it then. I wish I had. That was amazing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2020, 11:40:04 PM »

I will concede this point for now, but I would still like to know what options were thought of and discussed before they settled on the continuity error.

https://everything-is-negotiable.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/master-grogu.jpg
That's an amazing piece of art/conversation. I also think it is exceptionally fitting for "The Way" to be not only a creed for the Mandalorians, but also to really resonate with the Tao Te Ching's Eastern philosophy of "The Way," which, in my view, is really a suitable philosophy for what the Jedi should strive to be.

I mean, replace "The Tao" (or "The Way") with "The Force" and tell me it doesn't fit right in:

The Tao gives birth to all beings,
nourishes them, maintains them,
cares for them, comforts them, protects them,
takes them back to itself,
creating without possessing,
acting without expecting,
guiding without interfering.
That is why love of the Tao
is in the very nature of things.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2020, 12:16:36 AM »

The Designer said he would go into more detail later, so I'm assuming after the season ends there will be a behind the scenes or "art of" thing released which will go into more detail.  To make an assumption based on my limited and amaruish knowledge of production design I would say they started off with the look just like rebels, realized it was to heavy and in the way, tried different material which didn't look right, considered CG and concluded it was to time consuming and expensive with their constraints, and settled on what we saw.  But we will see I guess so we'll table it for now.  Moving on.

That....gave me chills.  If only we could hope it would go this way.  Perfectly illustrates the fallacies of both the Jedi and Sith mentalities.  The Sith feared death (few exceptions) and spent their energy unnaturally prolonging their lives or refusing to lose any ounce of power.  While the Jedi feared that path so rejected all emotional attachment's which lead them to being ill equipped to handle a young, scared and very powerful  boys emotions.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2020, 01:12:46 AM »

Speaking of future Grogu design concepts, is the knob from the Razor Crest too small to serve as a pommel for a Yoda-sized lightsaber?

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2020, 01:24:30 AM »

Speaking of future Grogu design concepts, is the knob from the Razor Crest too small to serve as a pommel for a Yoda-sized lightsaber?
Actually from the way it looks in Mandos hands I would say it would be perfect for a pommel on a light saber and would be a great thing for him to personalize his saber with.

I just worry about the future because I wanna see him grow up and become a cool character but then where was he during the last trilogy? Although I like to still pretend it doesn’t exist.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2020, 03:32:32 AM »

Also I have a prediction. With the Razor Crest gone, Boba Fett will die saving Grogu and Mando will inherit the Slave I.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2020, 04:26:05 AM »

Also I have a prediction. With the Razor Crest gone, Boba Fett will die saving Grogu and Mando will inherit the Slave I.
I don't know about that. Why bring him back, make him a Big Ole Bad Ass, then sacrifice him?
If anything, they're setting Boba up for a spinoff series. Ahsoka too.

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2020, 10:40:03 PM »

The Razor Crest! Grogu! Both gone! My world...SHATTERED!! *faint* Not really, but this episode was accurately titled.  Sad Sad Shocked

Except Boba Fett was amazingly awesome, and I love that we finally get to see some Jedi stuff in the past two episodes. And I love all the "father-son" moments between Mando and Grogu!!!  Cheesy

Let's hope things improve...but I see a big cliffhanger coming.

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2020, 05:38:54 PM »

Just watched the third one. (yeah I'm late to the party).
Those mandos though. Love Bo katan. Those armors... And the gunfights XD
No detailed figures for them yet I guess?

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #388 on: December 06, 2020, 06:47:23 PM »

So obviously everyone’s in love with Boba DESTROYING the storms, in his armor but how about some love for that Gaffi stick? Good showcase on how BRUTAL they really are

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #389 on: December 07, 2020, 12:15:43 AM »

So obviously everyone’s in love with Boba DESTROYING the storms, in his armor but how about some love for that Gaffi stick? Good showcase on how BRUTAL they really are
It was great. I really like how they've now prominently featured multiple non-lightsaber melee weapons that are very capable in the hands of skilled individuals. But I do also agree that this one was even more unique in how strong and brutal it was, as opposed to being more elegant and quick.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: