Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55676 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #255 on: November 20, 2020, 06:54:48 PM »

Gah  people need to get off work and watch the episode so we can talk about it.  I just wake up at 4 am and watch it.....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #256 on: November 20, 2020, 06:55:34 PM »

Maybe ...

Well .... good episode but too short  Tongue

Yes too short.
First off I don’t hate episode two it’s just me least favorite.
I easily able to assume time jumps as happening since you wanna plan things out like invading a base. I did the same for episode two. Though it is harder with the child still having the same cookies.
I saw the whole “I put a tracking device in the ship” thing coming the moment that one character kept looking back at the Mando and child.

So are we not gonna talk about that ending?
Isn’t this the first official screen time for Dark Troopers? How freaking awesome is that. I barely played the games and know what they are. It’s gonna get crazy in here.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2020, 07:05:39 PM »

Gah  people need to get off work and watch the episode so we can talk about it.  I just wake up at 4 am and watch it.....

I have a jet lag advantage Smiley

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2020, 07:11:00 PM »

I have a jet lag advantage Smiley

I wake up at 5 am to leave for work at 5:30 everyday anyway...so on Fridays I wake up an hour earlier, fix a big breakfast (today it was Steak, Eggs and seasoned potatoes) and watch the episode. 

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »

I’m usually at work by 3-3:30am and have a hard enough time getting up for that especially since I usually don’t get to bed any earlier the  8pm and that’s if I’m lucky.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2020, 09:13:17 PM »

Well since my last post didn't work, lets try again. Logos and I agree on a Mando Episode!
I believe the Quarren have beaks not tongues that stick out (much like squid).
The fertilization and gestation didn't take nearly enough time (at least it seems that way). It couldn't have been more than 6 hours between the time that Frog man and Frog lady met until the time we saw tadpole hatch.
And agreed also on Titus Welliver. Absolutely should've had a bigger role.

I think that was everything, although I believe that Luke has not yet established the new Jedi Order. He would still be out in the galaxy looking for relics at this time (at least according the established canon, though that could be changed if they wanted to).
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find something to argue about soon. Grin

At this point Luke had not yet begun his academy (in Disney Lore).  At this point Luke pretty much disappeared from public view and went searching for knowledge of the Force.  When Kylo was 10 Leia sent him with Luke and he became his first Padawan.   Shortly after is when Luke began gathering other students and started his Temple....still in secret.  This is why Luke is still considered a "Legend" in TFA.  Mandalorian takes place about 9 ABY...Kylo was born in 5 ABY.  So he's only about 4 years old at this point.
Blah blah blah

During that whole conversation about reuniting him with his Kind they are speaking of the Jedi.  Remember they don't think in terms of species but tribe.  Jedi are "sorcerers" BY uses Sorcery.... ipso facto...Jedi.  At least in their POV.
Perhaps. Considering that Mandalorian was originally a species that inhabited Coruscant (if memory serves) until Humans took it over. Over time, Mandalorian was less about species and more about culture and life style. Maybe I was just really excited to get away from Jedi for a bit, and thought they'd focus on a species that has always had poor representation.

Din was rescued in 19 BBY..which was the end of the Clone Wars.  Depending on how far out in the Outer Rim he was its not unreasonable to think he never heard of Jedi.  Even in the old EU many further away from the Core thought the Jedi only myth and story.  It seemed as if Mando's people were simple and may not have delved into what they saw as "myths".    Kind of like the equivalent of a blue collar worker telling his child to stop reading fantasy books and focus on his work.
You mean BBY. The story is only at 9 ABY. Tongue

Maybe, but considering how much older the Armorer is supposed to be than him, she should know far more. Also oddball thought: If he was rescued by Death Watch, how did he end up with the crazies?

I agree on the reentry bit with the ship. I just think they have put that thing through the ringer and don't wanna completely destroy it. Although having the hero ship being a "hunk of junk" might be a bit cliche at this moment. Personally I enjoyed the reentry bit even if unrealistic. I got a Firefly vibe off of it when he first started to reenter. The part that bugged me was how quickly he came to a hover in the nick of time without having a bunch of crap inside and outside the rip up. Though when the engine blew and the ship fell into the water I quickly forgotten as I was busy laughing.
THAT! The stress on the frame from the thrusters firing should have ripped the engines off.

The walker crane was great. I hope we see some kinda of model kit or lego set for that.
Don't tempt me, boy. I have a weakness for walkers.

The "you killed my brother" bit is probably my least favorite. It just feels forced and pointless. I also explained it away in my head that the brother was in on the deal the whole time so he knew the Mando was on his boat and when he saw the explosion just kinda rolled with it.
They looked to be in pretty open water, so I doubt anyone saw the explosion.

I also agree about the egg hatching thing being so fast. Also why only one hatched? You would think they would have fertalized more then one and they would all be in similar stages of development. Once again a bit that was rushed and really not needed. I just let it go cause I didn't care about the frog family anymore and was more interested in what was about to happen.
Meh. It's pointless family friendly BS.

I really enjoyed the Titus Welliver character. I was disappointed that he offed himself but I understood the point behind it. I was kinda hoping he would be a "Agent Callus" type character where Moff Gideon is the "Thrawn" of this show. Albeit without the changing of sides. One thing to note about him killing himself. They showed it, up close and in your face. This really shows how this show is targeted at adults and not kids like SWR where actual deaths were off camera. Yet I find it interesting that we are getting way more toys for this show then the cartoon. The dark saber has been around for how many years now and we are just now seeing a toy of it on the shelf?
Define "toys".

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2020, 10:56:38 PM »

Toy light saber, as in plastic, made by Hasbro, sale for $40-$50, can be found in Walmart and Target in the toy aisle.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2020, 12:43:18 AM »

I thought this was a great episode. I absolutely see some people being outraged by what it apparently is setting up, but to me it literally felt like something the Empire would actually be trying to do in this time. I was happy to see it wasn't 31 minutes, and actually 37, though I'd honestly still prefer full 45 minute episodes, or better yet, 56. Still, it was fun.

Also, whoever mentioned the timeframe thing with the repairs for the Crest, I was thinking the exact same thing. I was literally thinking "how are they going to get out of this, the Crest won't be repaired yet", and then boom, Razor Crest. Still, if that's my only problem with an episode, I'll take it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2020, 02:00:30 AM »

Perhaps. Considering that Mandalorian was originally a species that inhabited Coruscant (if memory serves) until Humans took it over. Over time, Mandalorian was less about species and more about culture and life style. Maybe I was just really excited to get away from Jedi for a bit, and thought they'd focus on a species that has always had poor representation.
You mean BBY. The story is only at 9 ABY. Tongue

Eh... You know me.   More Force less normies is my cup o tea.  I'd love for Mando to be Force Sensitive, obtain the Dark Saber, Rule Mandalore and the next movie series is about Force Using Mando's fighting the One Sith.

Blah blah blah

Hey, I don't like it either....but just pointing out what to expect if it comes up.

Maybe, but considering how much older the Armorer is supposed to be than him, she should know far more. Also oddball thought: If he was rescued by Death Watch, how did he end up with the crazies?

Does it ever really say how much older she is?  She may not be all that older age wise...just been with the tribe longer.  Death Watch are the crazies.

THAT! The stress on the frame from the thrusters firing should have ripped the engines off.

I know it wont satisfy you science types...but the whole reentry scene was a deliberate homage to Apollo 13.  Ron Howard's daughter directing the episode and all.

They looked to be in pretty open water, so I doubt anyone saw the explosion.

I mean...it wouldn't be hard to figure out:  "My brother took the mando out to kill him and get his armor.  Hmmm.  I haven't heard from him...maybe something happened.  Come on Boys..lets go stake out the dock to see who comes back.  Welp...I see the Mando alive so that must mean my brother is dead."

Define "toys".

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #264 on: November 23, 2020, 10:16:09 PM »

Eh... You know me.   More Force less normies is my cup o tea.  I'd love for Mando to be Force Sensitive, obtain the Dark Saber, Rule Mandalore and the next movie series is about Force Using Mando's fighting the One Sith.
WRONG! Baby Yoda get inducted into the fold, and then HE takes up the Dark Saber and rules Mandalore. He will be MANDALORE THE ADORABLE. Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Hey, I don't like it either....but just pointing out what to expect if it comes up.
<shudders>

Does it ever really say how much older she is?  She may not be all that older age wise...just been with the tribe longer.  Death Watch are the crazies.
Unless....the Children of the Watch were fanatics that broke off from Death Watch. Originally in it with the promise of resurrecting the Way, but realized that Viszla was more interested in re-seating his line on the throne.

I know it wont satisfy you science types...but the whole reentry scene was a deliberate homage to Apollo 13.  Ron Howard's daughter directing the episode and all.
Meh. She get's a pass for 1) those great landscape shots and 2) she's hot red-head.

I mean...it wouldn't be hard to figure out:  "My brother took the mando out to kill him and get his armor.  Hmmm.  I haven't heard from him...maybe something happened.  Come on Boys..lets go stake out the dock to see who comes back.  Welp...I see the Mando alive so that must mean my brother is dead."
They nerfed it. I re-watched over the weekend. Mando watched the trio take off and blow the ship from the next port. For a trip of several hours, I figured they would be crossing a fair distance, and wouldn't be stupid enough to try shanghaiing and murdering someone that close to a port. But, y'know....Lucasfilm{D}.

New episode thoughts

1) When did Mythrol go from being the species to Blue's name?
2) WTF are you doing with ground support vehicles on a platform overlooking a canyon? I mean...beyond an excuse to have speeder bikes take sick jumps? Other than the idiots, I had absolutely NO gripes about how they handled the bikes in this episode.
3) Still hate the foldable TIEs.
4) Is anyone else sensing PURGE Troopers? I am very interested to know what Gideon is working on.
5) Why the hell is Gideon still in armor trying to look all Darth Vader?
6) Is it just me, or did Gina pick up some weight since last season?
7) I loved Withers' performance. It didn't feel so rigid and out of place like last season.
Cool WTF is up with the school girl in the Rey cut. Is this now the quintessential SW trailer trash hairstyle?
9) Totally agree with Taegin. I know that the cloning lab is all tied to the "saving grace" of the ST, but it is totally something the Empire would do. I'm even appreciative that they are paying respect to earlier narratives that say it is impossible to clone Force ability. Therefore, a transfusion of midichlorian rich blood would be needed; the "M-count". This little piece of fictional science I thought was very well conceived.
10) When the hell did Razor Crest become the name of the ship instead of the type of ship it was?

Watched all again over the weekend, and listened closer to the conversation about its "kind". Yes she was referring to the Jedi.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »

WRONG! Baby Yoda get inducted into the fold, and then HE takes up the Dark Saber and rules Mandalore. He will be MANDALORE THE ADORABLE. Cheesy Cheesy Grin

<shudders>
Unless....the Children of the Watch were fanatics that broke off from Death Watch. Originally in it with the promise of resurrecting the Way, but realized that Viszla was more interested in re-seating his line on the throne.
They nerfed it. I re-watched over the weekend. Mando watched the trio take off and blow the ship from the next port. For a trip of several hours, I figured they would be crossing a fair distance, and wouldn't be stupid enough to try shanghaiing and murdering someone that close to a port. But, y'know....Lucasfilm{D}.

New episode thoughts

1) When did Mythrol go from being the species to Blue's name?
2) WTF are you doing with ground support vehicles on a platform overlooking a canyon? I mean...beyond an excuse to have speeder bikes take sick jumps? Other than the idiots, I had absolutely NO gripes about how they handled the bikes in this episode.
3) Still hate the foldable TIEs.
4) Is anyone else sensing PURGE Troopers? I am very interested to know what Gideon is working on.
5) Why the hell is Gideon still in armor trying to look all Darth Vader?
6) Is it just me, or did Gina pick up some weight since last season?
7) I loved Withers' performance. It didn't feel so rigid and out of place like last season.
Cool WTF is up with the school girl in the Rey cut. Is this now the quintessential SW trailer trash hairstyle?
9) Totally agree with Taegin. I know that the cloning lab is all tied to the "saving grace" of the ST, but it is totally something the Empire would do. I'm even appreciative that they are paying respect to earlier narratives that say it is impossible to clone Force ability. Therefore, a transfusion of midichlorian rich blood would be needed; the "M-count". This little piece of fictional science I thought was very well conceived.
10) When the hell did Razor Crest become the name of the ship instead of the type of ship it was?

I kinda had the same thought.  Death Watch was itself a fringe group...but then had another smaller fringe group break from that.

I don't think the Quarrens were all too concerned about anyone seeing them.  It seemed pretty obvious this port wasn't the safest or well policed.  They took Din and BY out there to have them at a disadvantage IMO.

1.) I was thinking the same thing
2.) Few thoughts.  I'm pretty sure that was the backdoor and they didn't usually go out that way.  They said the Lava Tide would eventually come in so that leads back to this is the back door.  I'll have to go back to look closer.
3.) Eh.....
4.) They Seem to be Dark Troopers is what many are thinking.  Force Sensitive troopers.
5.) I think you answered your own question on that one.  I'm betting he's a Sith Worshiper like Dryden Vos.
6.) Ever since she retired from MMA her weight seems to fluctuate here and there.  Not uncommon in athletes who no longer compete. She'll always be hot though.
7.) Agreed
8.) Had the same thought...
9.) Agreed
10.) I think because it doesn't have a transponder it doesn't technically have an official name.  Razor Crest's don't seem to be common anymore so they just call it by what it is.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »

My guess as far as the name for Razor Crest is that it doesn’t have a name so they just call it by it’s ship designation. Plus it’s a rare ship at this point. Possibly the only one still flying. So people that know the Mando or the type of ship just call it that. It’s also obvious not every one knows the exact designation of the ship or the NR x-wings wouldn’t have needed verification of his ships identity.

Real world exploration it’s easier to say razor crest and have viewers know what they are talking about.
I did notice though that Wookiepedia calls it “the Razor Crest” and not “a Razor Crest”. I find the naming style of the ship odd for normal nailing conventions in Starwars were most ships have a official ship designation and a ship name.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2020, 01:35:31 PM »

One note of interest. Ships manufactured by Mandalorians have names and not designations like the Star Viper and Kom’rk.
The Slave-1 being the exception and being a named version of a Firesparay-31

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2020, 01:47:06 PM »

My guess as far as the name for Razor Crest is that it doesn’t have a name so they just call it by it’s ship designation. Plus it’s a rare ship at this point. Possibly the only one still flying. So people that know the Mando or the type of ship just call it that. It’s also obvious not every one knows the exact designation of the ship or the NR x-wings wouldn’t have needed verification of his ships identity.

Real world exploration it’s easier to say razor crest and have viewers know what they are talking about.
I did notice though that Wookiepedia calls it “the Razor Crest” and not “a Razor Crest”. I find the naming style of the ship odd for normal nailing conventions in Starwars were most ships have a official ship designation and a ship name.
Ok, then why do we call it the Millennium Falcon instead the YT-1300? Or why isn't it Firespray 31 instead of Slave I? These are literally the ONLY ones we ever see on screen. Why does it have a name? Because it is loved. Mando loves that ship. It's probably the biggest reason he keeps fixing it instead of them using it as an excuse to merch a new ship every few episodes.

Now in passing conversation, I can understand someone arbitrarily calling it what it is simply because they aren't familiar with the name. So the X-Wing pilots get a pass. But Mando wouldn't call it Razor Crest in such a fashion. He'd simply call it "the ship". Much like we say "I'm going to the car" or "I left it at the house". It's the only one he owns, so it's the only one he'd have access to, despite being one of many that fall under the same designation.

EDIT: HA!

One note of interest. Ships manufactured by Mandalorians have names and not designations like the Star Viper and Kom’rk.
The Slave-1 being the exception and being a named version of a Firesparay-31
More point of interest: Slave I is not Mandalorian. It was manufactured by Kuat Systems Engineering. They initially produced 6 prototypes that were deployed on Oovo IV. Jango destroyed 5/6 during a prison break, and we all know what happened to #6. Due to the financial loss of the protos, KSE scrapped the project. This is why we only EVER see one. I'm tickled pink that this info holds in both canons. Grin Grin Grin

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Firespray-31-class_patrol_and_attack_craft

Sig by For Tyeth

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2020, 02:01:26 PM »

Like I said above the Fire Spray-31 is the only Mandalorian ship I am aware of that has a named version. All the other ones have straight up class names with out any numbers or a “name” though I no longer own my X-Wing Miniature cards to double check with them since they are technically cannon I think.

But he’s they Mando himself calling the Razor Crest implies that it’s the name of the ship where anyone else calling it the Razor Crest it just using its ship type to talk about it. I’ve gotten so used to it being called that at this point that I really didn’t give it much thought how it’s being referenced.

Back to the “Back door” idea. I can totally buy that as this is not the first base we have seen built into a cliff and it almost looked like Cara was gonna drive back into the base to look for another way out.
However when they first open the hanger door you see the speeders parked facing out the door like that was their preferred method of travel direction.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: