Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 57365 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2020, 09:01:12 PM »

Is anyone else sitting here waiting to see Darth Logos thoughts on this episode?
Rejoice, my people. I have arrived

Now THAT was an episode.
That was an episode.

Even though it wasn't Sherlock level detecting I'm smug about my theory that the Din's  group was a fringe clan being right.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy they finally explained that. And better.....IT MADE SENSE. I was actually excited.

Bo Katan translated amazingly to live action...helps Katee Sackoff voiced her in Clone Wars.
Shocked Right? Even Kath was amazed by how well she transitioned into the real world. I thought they actually did an incredible job with the Bo's crew, especially in how they moved in combat. Just bold as brass-bitch please-I've already won-#$%& you Imperial swine-attitude.

And I want a pair of these blasters.

Maybe Baby Yoda's care of the little pollywogs will silence the outraged groups.
Doubtful. I had the thought that lessened my ire at the happenings of the last episode: What was the first thing we saw him eat? A FROG. I'm thinking that he views similar species as food, unless properly parented. Also, calling bull$#!% on the eggs being fertilized, and gestating to tadpoles in less than 24hrs. And then that same tadpole growing legs in another less-than-a-day.

Now that raises the questions:  Is Sabine with her? 
I had a similar thought, but more: will we be seeing Sabine in this series? Just hope they fix her armor.

Yess !!!! But she should be 55 or 60 ....
Actually, if Bo was an idealistic teen during TCW, then she would only be mid-40s, and only a few years older than the actress.

The Big Stuff starts happening.  Really not to much to spoil though since somethings were long ago confirmed and others were not confirmed but still known.
"There are known knowns, and there are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns; things we don't know that we don't know."

I wish I had a job that allowed me to work from home.....not because I'm afraid of The Thing.....but because I dislike leaving my comfortable home to deal with....people.
I would like that as well, but......I leave all of my best distractions at home, so nothing would ever get done.

That was Koska Reeves (Sasha Banks), the other female Mando with Bo Katan.  That's how they knew what ship he was on.
For those looking for a familiar name in the credits, you won't find it. She went by her real name: Mercedes Varnado.

100% I hope we do. I have a feeling that Ahsoka will lead to Sabine which will lead the the darksaber and Gideon. I also think Ahsoka and Sabine will team up with Mando and Baby Yoda to find Ezra so Baby Yoda has a teacher. Honestly these are theories, and I think a lot of people think the same thing, but as much as they are theories I also really hope they happen. It's the geek in me who would LOVE to see that. What do y'all think? I loved the end of ep3 though. The first two were really good, but now we are getting into the good stuff.
I think you're asking too much. By now Luke is already known and has started the New Jedi Order. Doubtful that Ezra would be the teacher for Baby Yoda. Plus, it's incredibly bad writing to need the success of the current show to stand on the....I'll say 'popularity' (since "success" is too strong a word) of another show.

Speaking of, we noticed the gaping butthole of the current story. Last season, Mando was tasked with "reuniting the Child with his kind," which I and many others took to mean the Yoda-species. Now all of a sudden he is trying to return him to the Jedi. The Jedi are not his kind. If they were trying to infer that since he is Force sensitive that the Jedi might be able to find his species so he can properly return him, they did a lousy job of wording it.

Which then leads to the prolapse of said gaping hole: If Mando was rescued by Death Watch DURING the Clone Wars, while his village/city/settlement whatever was under attack by droids, HOW IN THE NAME OF SON'S SHINY BALD HEAD DOES HE NOT KNOW ABOUT THE JEDI? Even Anakin knew about the Jedi.

I read somewhere that the actor for Moff Gideon said that season 2 was just laying the ground work for what’s to come in Season 3 and 4. That’s apparently when we will get the meat of the story and most of the answers to everything.
Won't deny, I'm a bit more excited by this.

They are already starting to discuss spin off shows based on characters from this show.
This is less reassuring. They haven't really established any characters in this show that would be worthy of a spinoff.

Other thoughts:

WTF is with the horrible Quarran masks? Why do all of them have their tongues hanging out. Kinda makes it a little hard to speak.

I thought it was awfully contrived that the brother knew a) the his brother had been killed already, b) that a Mandolorian did it, and c) exactly where to find our hero. This was actually my biggest complaint about the episode.

I loved the new vehicle designs. They didn't look like the typical throwback trash, where something that is already well known gets repurposed. The crane walker was perfect in form and function, and looked like it was developed for that specific task. The fishing vessel did the same. No flash, but still looked like it perfectly fit.

I hated wasting a villainous talent like Titus Welliver to being a no-name Imp stooge, but I LOVED how it was done. A SW-era cyanide fake tooth. THAT was awesome.

Why is it that everyone references things from Tatooine as though it were something akin to "Duh! Everyone knows everything about Tatooine. Didn't you watch A New Hope?" This of course being in response to the line about "couldn't hit the side of a bantha."

And then my engineering gripe. There is no way in the Seven Kingdoms that ship have even made it through reentry, let alone survived the stresses of decelerating to land. And apparently cargo nets are the Mon Calamari equivalent of duct tape.

All good, can completely understand about bing busy. I just always look forward to his perspective on the episodes.
Ask and ye shall receive.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2020, 11:18:00 PM »

Well since my last post didn't work, lets try again. Logos and I agree on a Mando Episode!
I believe the Quarren have beaks not tongues that stick out (much like squid).
The fertilization and gestation didn't take nearly enough time (at least it seems that way). It couldn't have been more than 6 hours between the time that Frog man and Frog lady met until the time we saw tadpole hatch.
And agreed also on Titus Welliver. Absolutely should've had a bigger role.

I think that was everything, although I believe that Luke has not yet established the new Jedi Order. He would still be out in the galaxy looking for relics at this time (at least according the established canon, though that could be changed if they wanted to).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2020, 11:27:33 PM »

I think you're asking too much. By now Luke is already known and has started the New Jedi Order. Doubtful that Ezra would be the teacher for Baby Yoda. Plus, it's incredibly bad writing to need the success of the current show to stand on the....I'll say 'popularity' (since "success" is too strong a word) of another show.

At this point Luke had not yet begun his academy (in Disney Lore).  At this point Luke pretty much disappeared from public view and went searching for knowledge of the Force.  When Kylo was 10 Leia sent him with Luke and he became his first Padawan.   Shortly after is when Luke began gathering other students and started his Temple....still in secret.  This is why Luke is still considered a "Legend" in TFA.  Mandalorian takes place about 9 ABY...Kylo was born in 5 ABY.  So he's only about 4 years old at this point.

Speaking of, we noticed the gaping butthole of the current story. Last season, Mando was tasked with "reuniting the Child with his kind," which I and many others took to mean the Yoda-species. Now all of a sudden he is trying to return him to the Jedi. The Jedi are not his kind. If they were trying to infer that since he is Force sensitive that the Jedi might be able to find his species so he can properly return him, they did a lousy job of wording it.

During that whole conversation about reuniting him with his Kind they are speaking of the Jedi.  Remember they don't think in terms of species but tribe.  Jedi are "sorcerers" BY uses Sorcery.... ipso facto...Jedi.  At least in their POV.

Which then leads to the prolapse of said gaping hole: If Mando was rescued by Death Watch DURING the Clone Wars, while his village/city/settlement whatever was under attack by droids, HOW IN THE NAME OF SON'S SHINY BALD HEAD DOES HE NOT KNOW ABOUT THE JEDI? Even Anakin knew about the Jedi.

Din was rescued in 19 ABY..which was the end of the Clone Wars.  Depending on how far out in the Outer Rim he was its not unreasonable to think he never heard of Jedi.  Even in the old EU many further away from the Core thought the Jedi only myth and story.  It seemed as if Mando's people were simple and may not have delved into what they saw as "myths".    Kind of like the equivalent of a blue collar worker telling his child to stop reading fantasy books and focus on his work.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2020, 01:50:29 AM »

Thanks you Logos your perspective is always enjoyed. I tend to watch a lot of things at face value so others perspectives sometimes bring different points of view into my focus.

Counter thoughts.

I agree on the reentry bit with the ship. I just think they have put that thing through the ringer and don't wanna completely destroy it. Although having the hero ship being a "hunk of junk" might be a bit cliche at this moment. Personally I enjoyed the reentry bit even if unrealistic. I got a Firefly vibe off of it when he first started to reenter. The part that bugged me was how quickly he came to a hover in the nick of time without having a bunch of crap inside and outside the rip up. Though when the engine blew and the ship fell into the water I quickly forgotten as I was busy laughing.

The walker crane was great. I hope we see some kinda of model kit or lego set for that.

The "you killed my brother" bit is probably my least favorite. It just feels forced and pointless. I also explained it away in my head that the brother was in on the deal the whole time so he knew the Mando was on his boat and when he saw the explosion just kinda rolled with it.

I also agree about the egg hatching thing being so fast. Also why only one hatched? You would think they would have fertalized more then one and they would all be in similar stages of development. Once again a bit that was rushed and really not needed. I just let it go cause I didn't care about the frog family anymore and was more interested in what was about to happen.

This brings me too my biggest issue with the episode. It running time. This one could have really used more screen time, but my understanding is that it was shorter then normal. On top of that they felt the need to have two side stories that were rushed to get to the meat.

I really enjoyed the Titus Welliver character. I was disappointed that he offed himself but I understood the point behind it. I was kinda hoping he would be a "Agent Callus" type character where Moff Gideon is the "Thrawn" of this show. Albeit without the changing of sides. One thing to note about him killing himself. They showed it, up close and in your face. This really shows how this show is targeted at adults and not kids like SWR where actual deaths were off camera. Yet I find it interesting that we are getting way more toys for this show then the cartoon. The dark saber has been around for how many years now and we are just now seeing a toy of it on the shelf?

As far as getting the child to his own kind, I still interpret that to mean that he is looking for his species. Just that finding a Jedi is the next step in his path. Mando is a super focused guy when on a mission. He goes to point before he head to the second one. He is not a fan of distractions or side missions. He concentrated on finding other Mandolrians first as he understood that they would lead him to the Jedi. Now that he has a lead on the Jedi thats his focus. Part of me wonders if we will actually see Ashoka next episode or if he will have another "side track" along the way. Will Ashoka even be able to tell him the species? My guess is no. I think she will be able to tell him about who Yoda was so he can search info about him. She may also help the child "unlock/control" some of the force abilities or at least explain them to the Mando.

Speaking of finding more Mandalorians, Im pretty sure it was a good thing he didn't meet Boba Fett first cause I doubt he would have helped because Im pretty sure he still hates the Jedi for killing his dad.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2020, 03:06:23 AM »

At this point Luke had not yet begun his academy (in Disney Lore).  At this point Luke pretty much disappeared from public view and went searching for knowledge of the Force.  When Kylo was 10 Leia sent him with Luke and he became his first Padawan.   Shortly after is when Luke began gathering other students and started his Temple....still in secret.  This is why Luke is still considered a "Legend" in TFA.  Mandalorian takes place about 9 ABY...Kylo was born in 5 ABY.  So he's only about 4 years old at this point.

I thought Mando took place 5 ABY?

EDIT: NVM, it is 5 years after ROTJ. You are correct. Carry on.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2020, 08:49:15 AM »

Carl Weathers for this one ...

Once again, I will wait for you to watch it before chasing about it Wink

I think I remember that Darth Tepes once said that Ahsoka will be in Ep.05 after analyzing the list of episodes directors .... I think he will be right Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

Carl Weathers for this one ...

Once again, I will wait for you to watch it before chasing about it Wink

I think I remember that Darth Tepes once said that Ahsoka will be in Ep.05 after analyzing the list of episodes directors .... I think he will be right Wink

Have not watched yet, still six hours away before I get home from work.
However this has been the consensus between some of us at work. One based on the director for episode 5 it makes sense. Second it was always a good bet they werent gonna have her show up after hyping her with a name drop.
I’m also not expecting this episode to be as awesome as the last one. But hoping it still better then episode 2.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »

This episode is too short considering the story it has to tell .... so there are bad consequences regarding to the coherence of some scenes ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2020, 11:24:10 AM »

This episode is too short considering the story it has to tell .... so there are bad consequences regarding to the coherence of some scenes ...

I’m finding myself feeling that way about quite a few episodes. The short run time is really stating to hurt the story telling. This show is making money all over the place I don’t see what they can’t budget for longer episode length.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2020, 12:10:16 PM »

While I can agree the shorter run times are disappointing I don't feel they are hurting the story at all, of course IMO. 

This show is making money all over the place I don’t see what they can’t budget for longer episode length.

When considering they pushed back the majority of the merch to the point it was going on sale when they were finishing up season 2...none of that revenue really was there.  The test will be season 3.

Another good episode...of course I didn't hate Ep 2 like many seem to have.  More Cara Dune is always welcome for many reasons.

The Child is maturing but still rather iffy on the moral areas of life....which I'm sure will come into play somewhere down the line.

WTF is Moff Gideon up to....I have my suspicions of course.

M-Count I am going to assume is Midicholrians...they said because the child was so small it was hard to harvest enough.  Well.....Mando is apparently leading them to someone a bit bigger.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »

While I can agree the shorter run times are disappointing I don't feel they are hurting the story at all, of course IMO. 

When considering they pushed back the majority of the merch to the point it was going on sale when they were finishing up season 2...none of that revenue really was there.  The test will be season 3.

Another good episode...of course I didn't hate Ep 2 like many seem to have.  More Cara Dune is always welcome for many reasons.

The Child is maturing but still rather iffy on the moral areas of life....which I'm sure will come into play somewhere down the line.

WTF is Moff Gideon up to....I have my suspicions of course.

M-Count I am going to assume is Midicholrians...they said because the child was so small it was hard to harvest enough.  Well.....Mando is apparently leading them to someone a bit bigger.

Yesssss

But toooooooo short.

The Ship is fixed too quickly considering what they have discussed ... They approach the imperial base too easily considering the importance of this one ...

I agree that these are minor things ... but it is because the episode is too short ...

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #251 on: November 20, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »

Yesssss

But toooooooo short.

The Ship is fixed too quickly considering what they have discussed ... They approach the imperial base too easily considering the importance of this one ...

I agree that these are minor things ... but it is because the episode is too short ...
Unless specified I always assume there is a time jump.  Like I don't think they went right to the Imperial Base the same day Mando landed it was at least a day or 2 later.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2020, 01:51:46 PM »

Unless specified I always assume there is a time jump.  Like I don't think they went right to the Imperial Base the same day Mando landed it was at least a day or 2 later.

It is not clear ... Baby Yoda has exactly the same pack of cakes (look like macarons by the way Wink ) ...

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2020, 02:06:57 PM »

It is not clear ... Baby Yoda has exactly the same pack of cakes (look like macarons by the way Wink ) ...

hmm  good point.  Still Always possible he got more from some kids lunch box

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #254 on: November 20, 2020, 02:47:45 PM »

hmm  good point.  Still Always possible he got more from some kids lunch box

Maybe ...

Well .... good episode but too short  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: