Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Spoilers and Discussion Thread.  (Read 53043 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2016, 07:31:40 PM »

I guess that makes sense. But what on earth is supposed to keep him there? Roll Eyes

It was all fun, fun, fun, till Palpy took the speeder away.  Wink

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2772

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2016, 07:35:38 PM »

It was all fun, fun, fun, till Palpy took the speeder away.  Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2016, 07:46:30 PM »

It's his castle, with relatively few other people present, where he can do as the apprentice in a duo of Sith Lords does.  Plot to take over as master.

Of course he does have the Emperor's agents watching him (and it won't be just the Royal Guards we saw), but he's got far fewer prying eyes around him than he would have on his star destroyer.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »

I guess that makes sense. But what on earth is supposed to keep him there? Roll Eyes

His own desire to self-flagellate. It is where he pretty much killed Padme.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »

I thought a few things about Chateau de Vader. I immediatley figured it was on Mustafar, because that is one of, if not the only lava plabet we have. At first I thought what someone else said earlier, that Palpatine made him stay on Mustafar as a painful reminder of his failure. Then I thought that maybe Vader chose to stay there.

It looked like the lava was the fuel for his castle. It flowed in, and it flowed out differently. Maybe he was trying to show his command and mastery over what put him in the suit. Then I thought a little bit more.

The structure resembled the spire on the temple at Jedha.

Maybe he copied the design to remind him of who he was, because we all know there was still good in him.

My conclusion is that it represents the entirety of his character as Anakin the Jedi and Vader the Sith, and it was his choice to stay there. That's just me, though.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2016, 09:41:20 PM »

Anybody else notice the lack of a reactor bubble on that ISD? Unless they weren't as pronounced in ANH as in ESB & ROTJ.

And when are we gonna get this?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2016, 10:01:20 PM »

Anybody else notice the lack of a reactor bubble on that ISD? Unless they weren't as pronounced in ANH as in ESB & ROTJ.

And when are we gonna get this?

Looks about right to me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »

It just don't look right. Like the ship is tilted.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2016, 10:29:21 PM »

Lastly - I didn't notice any region or planetary designation for Vaders layer - does anyone know if it was on Mustafar?

Could Vader's Lair be Bast Castle on the planet Vjun from the EU/Legends (and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) and Disney just "Borrowed" the idea?

Here's an image to illustrate.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2016, 10:34:36 PM »

Bast Castle was the old version and they probably would have kept it save that they realized they already has a perfectly good lava planet with significance to Lord Vader in the canon already...so they dropped him on Mustafar.   Could have been an old Sith temple for all we know.

As for the ISD over the city, its the lighting that makes the dome seem off.  The shadows are long like the sun is rising or setting.  Where the rest of the shots they are trying to keep the model nicely lit.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2016, 05:02:08 PM »

I highly recommend the Darth Vader comics Logos - this sort of thing happens between Vader and the Emperor near constantly.
Emperor constantly sends potential replacements to keep Vader on edge/try to kill him, Vader constantly calculating when he can move freely or against Palpy, Emperor rewarding Vader when he manages to disobey him successfully.
Vader thinks he can beat Palpy - but he does fear him.
Them Sith and their sithy sithness.

Other note - Saw the movie.
Thought the beginning was jarring and wasn't into the music.
Didn't find myself caring too much for the characters (except k2so) until real late in the movie.
Tarkin's face could have been fine if they didn't hold on it so long all the damn time and obscured it a little. Thought Leia's face looked great.
Thought the third act redeemed most of the complaints I had - it was around then that I quit noticing the music pulling me out of the movie too.

Overall I think it's a solid addition.
I was really happy to see the rebellion portrayed in many shades of gray instead of good guys are good guys bad guys are bad guys.
Vader is a force to be reckoned with and it was nice to see it on the big screen instead of just in Rebels or the comics.

I'd probably rank it 4th or 5th overall as far as movies go.

I'd like to see it again so I can look at it a bit more critically.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »

Doing a double feature today. Going to go see this again, and then after, go see Assassin's Creed.

This is our "Easter Egg" viewing.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »

Mostly agreed with Drahcir's comments- including the Vader comic.

That is a must-read.

My biggest issue aside from things he covered was the Rebellion initially calling it a day when they got the 411 on the Death Star.

That just felt like the absolute worst kind of completely forced, manufactured Drama since we already know from history (and the Rogue One advertisements) the Rebels were there to get the transmission.

I thought the Cast, Cinematography & Action were all superb.

Chirrut was definitely a highlight for me; always enjoy seeing the concept of The Force and people's belief / use of (if only to a very small degree) expanded beyond Jedi.

"Are you kidding me?! I'm blind!"

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »

I highly recommend the Darth Vader comics Logos - this sort of thing happens between Vader and the Emperor near constantly.
Emperor constantly sends potential replacements to keep Vader on edge/try to kill him, Vader constantly calculating when he can move freely or against Palpy, Emperor rewarding Vader when he manages to disobey him successfully.
Vader thinks he can beat Palpy - but he does fear him.
Them Sith and their sithy sithness.

Other note - Saw the movie.
Thought the beginning was jarring and wasn't into the music.
Didn't find myself caring too much for the characters (except k2so) until real late in the movie.
Tarkin's face could have been fine if they didn't hold on it so long all the damn time and obscured it a little. Thought Leia's face looked great.
Thought the third act redeemed most of the complaints I had - it was around then that I quit noticing the music pulling me out of the movie too.

Overall I think it's a solid addition.
I was really happy to see the rebellion portrayed in many shades of gray instead of good guys are good guys bad guys are bad guys.
Vader is a force to be reckoned with and it was nice to see it on the big screen instead of just in Rebels or the comics.

I'd probably rank it 4th or 5th overall as far as movies go.

I'd like to see it again so I can look at it a bit more critically.
May have to give it a look. As long as it doesn't get weird on me.

Felt the same about the characters. I initially thought I was going to hate Chirrut & Baze, but as far as the "meat sacks" went, those 2 were my faves.

Amen to the 3rd act.

Going to see again Saturday afternoon.

I think whoever came up with the droid's name was a chemistry major and likes potassium sulfate: K2SO(4).

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2016, 07:28:42 PM »

May have to give it a look. As long as it doesn't get weird on me.

Felt the same about the characters. I initially thought I was going to hate Chirrut & Baze, but as far as the "meat sacks" went, those 2 were my faves.

Amen to the 3rd act.

Going to see again Saturday afternoon.

I think whoever came up with the droid's name was a chemistry major and likes potassium sulfate: K2SO(4).

That or they love cheese...

K2-SO --> KK-SO --> Kays-So --> Queso

Maybe it's me that loves cheese...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: