Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: Li-Ion Battery Setup HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (Please Read Me)  (Read 331614 times)
GaleForceEight
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 23

You know nothing...

« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2016, 07:55:59 PM »

Thanks, it was always my intention to use the same brand in pairs. I think my Trustfire pair in my Mantis need to be replaced. I erroneously assumed something was wrong with its illuminated AV switch but am now certain its the Lithium-ion pair that needs replacement.

If you have a good charger you can do a deep discharge cycle on your trustfire cells (go slow and don't leave it discharged for long), and then a full charge. Do this twice and on the second charge cycle make a note of how many mAh the cells take to reach full charge - that will give you a good indication of the 'health' of the cells.

Any idiot can squeeze a trigger....

It takes a special kind of idiot to use a sword!

commanderzel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:05 AM »

Hi, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is it possible to send in a newly received grab bag lightsaber for the li battery assembly upgrade? I received the Liberator V3 and now am thinking about modifying it to add sound in the future, but from what I've heard I'll have to upgrade the battery assembly for that, and that's something I don't know that I can do by myself.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2016, 04:08:10 PM »

Hi, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is it possible to send in a newly received grab bag lightsaber for the li battery assembly upgrade? I received the Liberator V3 and now am thinking about modifying it to add sound in the future, but from what I've heard I'll have to upgrade the battery assembly for that, and that's something I don't know that I can do by myself.

Hi.  Yes you can send a stunt saber back to US to have the batteries upgraded to Li-Ion with buck puck and at the same time a battery casing that includes a speaker.  You also would need to purchase a sound board and a vented pommel.  However for a lower end saber such as the Libby, it might be more cost effective just to leave that one as a stunt saber.  Especially if you haven't tinkered with saber electronics before.  It's more challenging when an emitter is permanent and not removable.  Also there is limited space to work within this saber.  And it's a really nice saber to use as a needed stunt and easily customizable on the outside.  Smiley

commanderzel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #243 on: September 27, 2016, 08:56:13 AM »

Thank you for the recommendation! I think I'll take your advice. This is my first saber and I do intend to learn to duel with it, and as it's my first and I'll be making the most mistakes with it, it's probably better that it remains a low-cost saber.
Again, thank you very much.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »

Glad that I could be of some assistance.  Smiley

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2016, 11:45:29 PM »

I just got my saberstaff with the Li-Ion batteries, but I have realized that I have no idea how to remove them for recharging when they die. How exactly am I supposed to go about that?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2016, 09:01:21 PM »

Unscrew the pommels, gently tap the saber onto your palm until the pack slides out. Use a guitar pick or similar (it must be quite thin) to pry it out - again, be gentle so that you don't damage the battery pack!

Before re-inserting the batteries, I suggest wrapping some tape around them so that you have a handle for removing them more easily and without damaging the battery pack.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2016, 06:25:54 AM »

Unscrew the pommels, gently tap the saber onto your palm until the pack slides out. Use a guitar pick or similar (it must be quite thin) to pry it out - again, be gentle so that you don't damage the battery pack!

Before re-inserting the batteries, I suggest wrapping some tape around them so that you have a handle for removing them more easily and without damaging the battery pack.

Thanks for the advice! I'll have to see about getting my hands on a pick(or similar) and some tape!

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #248 on: October 02, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »

Hi.  Yes you can send a stunt saber back to US to have the batteries upgraded to Li-Ion with buck puck and at the same time a battery casing that includes a speaker.  You also would need to purchase a sound board and a vented pommel.  However for a lower end saber such as the Libby, it might be more cost effective just to leave that one as a stunt saber.  Especially if you haven't tinkered with saber electronics before.  It's more challenging when an emitter is permanent and not removable.  Also there is limited space to work within this saber.  And it's a really nice saber to use as a needed stunt and easily customizable on the outside.  Smiley
Wow Dauntless, that is a sexi avatar...+1 point.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2016, 07:21:08 PM »

Wow Dauntless, that is a sexi avatar...+1 point.

Thanks... but... it's now October so yet another new Jaina avatar.  Hope you still enjoy.  Grin

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »

Agreed. 

Loving your avatar pic Dauntless. Smiley

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2016, 02:05:59 AM »

Agreed. 

Loving your avatar pic Dauntless. Smiley

+1

Aw shucks L J and L R .  Cheesy   Respective points to each of you and back to battery talk.   Wink

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2016, 01:10:59 AM »

A while ago a forum member whose advice I value greatly recommended the Nitecore Itellicharger i4.

I ordered two of them:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

AndreBlizz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

If I order Li-ion setup with a charging port, but without a charger, does that mean I receive no cable as well?

I don't want to remove Li-Ions for charging. Can I use standard iPad charger and if yes, what type of cable do I need to connect it to US lightsaber?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2016, 02:41:36 PM »

You don't get a charger with that option - only recommended if you already have a charger. And it's a charger specifically designed for the Recharge Port system, so other chargers won't work properly!

I know, the charger is quite expensive, but if you want an in-hilt charging option, this is the only way if you don't have such a charger yet!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: