Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 964126 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3555 on: April 28, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »

Yeah, but it was still too frequent.

Oh I agree....but that was an example of one that was done ok...if it had been only one of few. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3556 on: April 28, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »

Oh I agree....but that was an example of one that was done ok...if it had been only one of few. 
I can agree to that. Had that been one of like....five Easter eggs that nod back to ANH, I would have been happier. Unfortunately, by that sequence in the movie, we were already force fed like ten things.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3557 on: April 28, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »

I can agree to that. Had that been one of like....five Easter eggs that nod back to ANH, I would have been happier. Unfortunately, by that sequence in the movie, we were already force fed like ten things.

True.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3558 on: April 28, 2020, 03:36:03 PM »

When it comes to easter eggs, despite my lower than average opinion of R1, it had the best "fanservice" moment. Vader not only made the fans squeal and connected R1 to ANH but it also actively served the story by being the connecting fibre between those two movies. Star Wars has never been great at fanservice/easter eggs imo. When theyre there they usually dont service the story in any real way, that goes for the prequels too.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3559 on: April 28, 2020, 04:10:34 PM »

When it comes to easter eggs, despite my lower than average opinion of R1, it had the best "fanservice" moment. Vader not only made the fans squeal and connected R1 to ANH but it also actively served the story by being the connecting fibre between those two movies. Star Wars has never been great at fanservice/easter eggs imo. When theyre there they usually dont service the story in any real way, that goes for the prequels too.

I always thought that "Hello there" was one of the greatest fanservice moments, but then it could be because I was never big on memes at the time and it took me literally years after the Prequels came out to notice how it tied back in. Such a nice moment  Cheesy

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3560 on: April 28, 2020, 04:12:33 PM »

I always thought that "Hello there" was one of the greatest fanservice moments, but then it could be because I was never big on memes at the time and it took me literally years after the Prequels came out to notice how it tied back in. Such a nice moment  Cheesy

Agreed, it's still one of the quotes I use often

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3561 on: April 28, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »

But then there was stuff like Ponda Baba and Dr. Evizen showing up. They were completely useless, and conveniently managed to get out of Jedha City (which is dumb in and of itself to name a city after a planet) the same day that there was no more Jedha City, and then end up hiding out in a star port critical to the plot of the next chronological movie. Or the Ghost showing up. In SWR, they had that ship in every major engagement, so it would stand to reason that if Hera was at Yavin base, then she would have been involved in the assault on the Death Star. BUT, as we all know, only X & Y Wings were involved....with a special guest appearance by the Mutha-#$%&in' Falcon. IMO, this kind of reckless fan-service detracts.

And of all the times I've seen it, I never once connected them.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3562 on: April 28, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »

I talk crap about the prequels every now and again but I dont think I've ever complained about our boy  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3563 on: April 28, 2020, 06:38:14 PM »

I talk crap about the prequels every now and again but I dont think I've ever complained about our boy  Grin
Ewan struck me as a TRUE fan. He wasn't just geeked up about getting to be in SW, he wanted to do the character justice.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3564 on: April 28, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

The difference there was it was showcasing a character trait.  People tend to have certain phrases they keep with them and this was established as a greeting Obi-Wan preferred.  Ewan also would stroke his beard similarly to Sir Alec.  These were both nice subtle nostalgic nods as well as serving as character traits.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3565 on: April 29, 2020, 01:14:45 AM »

It's one of those things once you link it, you can't un-link it ever again.

Annnddd... completed another quarantine project. Been wanting to make this shelf for a few weeks for Pops and figurines and such. If this stay-at-home stuff sticks around for a while longer I'm going to have more movie props and Star wars projects completed than I know what to do with.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3566 on: April 29, 2020, 10:09:12 AM »

Nice work, Saso!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3567 on: May 04, 2020, 12:06:56 PM »

Happy May The 4th, everyone!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3568 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »

Getting my LEGO on again.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3569 on: May 04, 2020, 01:36:59 PM »

Getting my LEGO on again.

No such thing as too old for Lego! Looks like a fun afternoon project!

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: