Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Basic Build Guide Request (New Builder)  (Read 97374 times)
TheDon10
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 07:43:07 AM »

Okay, So. I am another brand new person to this scene. I am planning on building my first saber in the near future, and I see lots of posts here, But to be honest, Im a better learner by sight. I have to see something being done to really figure out how to do it myself, generally speaking anyways. I have never really done much soldering, but I understand the basics, so if I can just view it being done, that would be all I need for that aspect of my needs. I was wondering if :

1.) if anybody has already, or would be willing to film a video of them constructing their lightsabers, that way I can see how to do it myself.

2.) Has anybody found a good quality Curved saber body that I could use to build a custom saber.

3.) anybody can share links or sources with possible parts/places to find parts for what I may be able to add to my saber, including those outside of UltraSabers if there are other options of good quality.

4.) if anybody could share with me the list of all the components I will need to purchase. Thank you SO MUCH.

Sincerely,

TheDon10

Now I'd like it to be known that I want to have this saber sound compatible, so I can add something like Obsidian into it when I have the funds available. Also I want to be able to add the Emerald Software into it when I have the Funds. I don't mind starting it out as a basic Stunt saber, but I do want it to be capable of adding the upgrades I listed above.

Can anybody help me with any of this ?? As much information as you can give me would mean a great deal to me.

TheDon10
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »

Also, Just wanted to add.

My ideal saber would be something like a cross of Mace Windu's Saber with Dooku's curved blade but with a blade holder something like the Reaper, made by UltraSabers, and a fairly plain pommel is fine by me. Just in case that helps

TheDon10
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »

Also, Just wondering, is it possible to add the emerald Usb to a custom saber ? Or is there another/better product that anybody can suggest to put in to a custom saber.

Darth Obi Don
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »

Okay, So. I am another brand new person to this scene. I am planning on building my first saber in the near future, and I see lots of posts here, But to be honest, Im a better learner by sight. I have to see something being done to really figure out how to do it myself, generally speaking anyways. I have never really done much soldering, but I understand the basics, so if I can just view it being done, that would be all I need for that aspect of my needs. I was wondering if :

1.) if anybody has already, or would be willing to film a video of them constructing their lightsabers, that way I can see how to do it myself.

2.) Has anybody found a good quality Curved saber body that I could use to build a custom saber.

3.) anybody can share links or sources with possible parts/places to find parts for what I may be able to add to my saber, including those outside of UltraSabers if there are other options of good quality.

4.) if anybody could share with me the list of all the components I will need to purchase. Thank you SO MUCH.

Sincerely,

TheDon10

Now I'd like it to be known that I want to have this saber sound compatible, so I can add something like Obsidian into it when I have the funds available. Also I want to be able to add the Emerald Software into it when I have the Funds. I don't mind starting it out as a basic Stunt saber, but I do want it to be capable of adding the upgrades I listed above.

Can anybody help me with any of this ?? As much information as you can give me would mean a great deal to me.

1. Check out this vid. They use TCSS parts but Ultrasabers has all the parts you will need too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAVTwOEWDs
3 and 4. The Custom Saber Shop TCSS has MHS parts that are compatible with Ultrasabers .
             The TCSS forum has tutorials on how to build stunt and sound sabers.
             Ultrasabers has all the parts you need in their Build you own lightsaber section here.
http://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/84.htm
Have fun.
Don

Guardian,DominixV2, Dark Liberator V3, Standard Issue Battle Saber LE,  MR Maul Staff, MR Luke ESB, MR Vader ESB, MR Hasbro Kit Fisto, Flamberge LE., Real parts Graflex ANH.

Sith Happens

Darth Obi Don
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2015, 09:14:16 PM »

This set of Vids may help as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpUSCsXXhk
Don

Guardian,DominixV2, Dark Liberator V3, Standard Issue Battle Saber LE,  MR Maul Staff, MR Luke ESB, MR Vader ESB, MR Hasbro Kit Fisto, Flamberge LE., Real parts Graflex ANH.

Sith Happens

Kyo Pendragon
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

The force is the force

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 07:44:11 AM »

Hi this is my first time here and I was wanting to know how difficult is it to build your own light saber? And can you build the hilt and outside to look exactly the way you want from scratch?

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2015, 09:06:16 PM »

Hi this is my first time here and I was wanting to know how difficult is it to build your own light saber? And can you build the hilt and outside to look exactly the way you want from scratch?

Welcome. Yes you can but it is very expensive because most people use aluminum and a lathe to cut aluminum is very expensive. I have seen some really great PVC designs over the years that are much easier to work with. I know a guy that has used Curved Electrical Grade PVC and made a beautiful Ventress saber. He installed electronics to make it a stunt saber and he is a PITA to fight with.

The great thing about PVC is that it does not get cold in winter, is less likely to experience a short circuit, and if you purchase the right size, you can use US parts for the internals.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Griffon
Knight Aspirant

Light Side points preferred

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 04:19:16 AM »

I am considering using the Manticore as the basis for a self built upgrade.  Adding momentary AV switch with momentary to latching converter.  Maybe switch to 18650 power supply.

If anyone has experience with the Manticore for mods I would appreciate communicating direct to discuss.   
Please drop a note and I will contact you back.

Thanks

Griffon

My light saber:
  Dark Prophecy SY
wishlist:
  Manticore SRD/AB

kiltannen
Force Sensitive

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2015, 06:34:29 AM »

I've been thinking about doing a custom build with my own hilt - but I don't see how to order a blade AND I'd really prefer to order an Emerald driver.  Is there something I'm missing? Or are they not available for us to buy as parts?..

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2015, 06:36:33 AM »

I've been thinking about doing a custom build with my own hilt - but I don't see how to order a blade AND I'd really prefer to order an Emerald driver.  Is there something I'm missing? Or are they not available for us to buy as parts?..

You can't order a Emerald driver from US.  Educate yourself on the ways of ordering from US.  Go to their "Build Your Own Saber" section.  There is another site to order parts from but, you must PM me for that.  My respect for US runs deep!  Let me know.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Talonghoul
Force Sensitive

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2015, 06:21:51 AM »

Hello, i have an idea that i require someone with knowledge of building their own sabers, i want to make a dual pike but also have it so i can detach either both or just one from it if it's even possible.
Anyone who can help or wants to email me at tfolly217@Gmail.com
Thanks

alexRobillard
Force Sensitive

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2015, 02:46:17 AM »

So I am planning on building a double bladed saber. What will I need extra? I'm assuming hilts, but what to connect them? What are the extras I'll need when creating a double bladed saber in contrast to a single bladed saber? Very helpful info also on the tutorial!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »

So I am planning on building a double bladed saber. What will I need extra? I'm assuming hilts, but what to connect them? What are the extras I'll need when creating a double bladed saber in contrast to a single bladed saber? Very helpful info also on the tutorial!

Are you trying to build a saber with blades parallel to each other?  I've not seen anyone build such a saber yet, it is not unthinkable, obviously.  "IF" that is what your after, you would have to build an emitter with 2 blade holders.  The weight of such a build would have to be counterbalanced and the threading of the emitter to the hilt body would have to run at least an inch for stability.

"IF" you are speaking of a saber staff then go to the US site and explore their offerings.  Everything you would require can be found there.

Hope that I gave some assistance. Smiley

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Bushido jedi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2015, 05:58:43 AM »

Where do you find the 24" blades?

Stovepipez
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

When slightly less then the best will do!

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2016, 05:55:02 AM »

So I am sitting here lavishing love on my Renegade, while in the back of my head I am thinking how sweet it would be to swap out the emitter for the dark war glove emitter. 

The problem is I have no idea if they will swap.  I searched around but could not find the required info.  Anyone out here know?

Thanks
Dave

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: