Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333578 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2016, 02:52:54 PM »

There are 2 boards. The black one is the obsidian. Carefully pull the battery pack out further, and you should see a green board. That's the emerald. Find the port and plug in there when the saber is on.

I'm glad you got it to work.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Kevin3da
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »

There are 2 boards. The black one is the obsidian. Carefully pull the battery pack out further, and you should see a green board. That's the emerald. Find the port and plug in there when the saber is on.

I'm glad you got it to work.

I found it. It's really tight, makes me nervous pulling the battery pack out that far.
I tried plugging it in though. It gave me the error I had before saying the driver is unrecognizable.
My guess is that I have to use a windows 8.1 or older for the sound and a 10 for the emerald driver.

Blackbird 86
Force Sensitive

« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2017, 01:33:23 AM »

hello everyone just got a guardian with an emerald driver and when I try to change the color of my blade none of the colors show on my screen when i hit the easy button any reason for this or a way to fix it im running on windows 8

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2017, 02:33:00 AM »

hello everyone just got a guardian with an emerald driver and when I try to change the color of my blade none of the colors show on my screen when i hit the easy button any reason for this or a way to fix it im running on windows 8

Make sure you've plugged into the correct mini USB port for Emerald. If you got the Obsidian V3 or V4 sound, too, to then you'll have two mini USB ports inside your saber. The one on the lower left is for the Emerald board and the one on the upper right is for the Obsidian sound. You wouldn't be the first to not pull the speaker/Obsidian/Emerald board unit out far enough to see that second USB port.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Blackbird 86
Force Sensitive

« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2017, 03:08:43 AM »

I'm plilugged into the correct spot it allows me to change my color just doesn't show what color i chose until I hit the test button must be something with my computer gonna try another computer tomorrow

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2017, 03:24:17 AM »

I'm plilugged into the correct spot it allows me to change my color just doesn't show what color i chose until I hit the test button must be something with my computer gonna try another computer tomorrow

That's actually normal if you mean the LED on your saber doesn't change to the color you chose in the software until you click on TEST.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

striker8
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »

I've been on saber hiatus for a long while and wanted to play with my toy a bit but lost the US programs I used to use a few hard drives ago and can't remember what versions I had and I can't see anything on the boards but the ser#'s.

I've got an early Chosen One from early 2014 with obsidian and emerald, both serial#'s start with 140.

If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2017, 04:49:41 PM »

The UltraSabers Launcher is the one you need. It's the newest launcher available and should work with both the sound board and the Emerald Driver.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

K-Prime
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2017, 09:57:47 AM »

Hey guys,
Bought my first saber, Dark Prophecy v3 with Obsidian v4, and it is beautiful.
I wanted to play with some custom fonts, so I downloaded the launcher, updated it, plugged in my saber and....nothing. My computer recognizes that SOMETHING was plugged in, but it won't show up in the launcher or anywhere else.
I'm running Windows 10, if that helps with the problem solving.
Thanks in advance.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »

You may have done this, but just trying to help you trouble shoot. Is your saber on after you open the launcher? If so try unplugging the cord while it's on and launcher is open and plugging it back in and see if it will work. I have had to do this before so the launcher knows it's there. The computer will recognize it by a beep when the cord is plugged in.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

K-Prime
Force Sensitive

« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »

You may have done this, but just trying to help you trouble shoot. Is your saber on after you open the launcher? If so try unplugging the cord while it's on and launcher is open and plugging it back in and see if it will work. I have had to do this before so the launcher knows it's there. The computer will recognize it by a beep when the cord is plugged in.

Yup, I did the usual tech support basics: unplugged, plugged back in, turned off, turned on, and every combination of. No luck.
My computer DOES beep, saying it recognizes that something connected, but nothing shows up in my explorer and nothing shows up in the US launcher.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23237.msg498898#msg498898

Adrian posted this, maybe you can try to reinstall. It's at the end of the page.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

K-Prime
Force Sensitive

« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2017, 08:07:46 AM »

No change Cry

UPDATE
I got bored, plugged and unplugged the saber a dozen times and....it finally connected!
Ugh, this blade is finicky!

Voidwalker
Force Sensitive

« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »

Hey guys, just got my new saber today. It was a mystery saber, specifically an Electrum Wind with premium sound and rechargable batteries, however I'm having some troubles accessing the soundboard. I'm assuming I have obsidian v3 sound because I cannot cycle sounds through the saber itself, so I tried installing the mac version of the launcher and I want to go ahead and plug my saber in to change fonts, but I'm not sure if this is the current version of the launcher. What I have is the v2.45 launcher, but this thread says to use the v4 launcher... I just don't know how to access the v4 launcher, and I don't want to plug in my saber because I heard plugging in to old launchers can actually mess up the board. Any help would be appreciated.

Abrahm Lion
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

In stereo, where available.

« Reply #284 on: January 11, 2018, 12:21:57 PM »

No change Cry

UPDATE
I got bored, plugged and unplugged the saber a dozen times and....it finally connected!
Ugh, this blade is finicky!

It's not just you; we all have to do that.  Sad

For me, sometimes, the connection will happen on the first try.  Next time, I may have to quit the Launcher, restart the board, start the Launcher again, and plug/unplug it 10 times while using different ports before it will connect.  The problem may be caused by a power issue with the board itself, and you may have better luck using fully-charged batteries when you want to use the Launcher.

- Abrahm
- Sentinel LE v4 (tri-cree AB, Obsidian v4)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: