Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171061 times)
DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #10125 on: March 10, 2020, 10:03:36 AM »

my first attempt at making a video... this is what I've been using to keep busy while waiting for the sabers to arrive.
Hopefully, once my tripod comes in, I'll be able to video tape some of what I've learned since the beginning of February.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNpRnhFD5fg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNpRnhFD5fg</a>

[spoilers]
The Dominicide-proxy is a 5' walking stick from the Scout Store that I've covered with duck-tape [sic] that I bought from Target.  I masked off the hilt area in black, and the pretend 24" section (just 20") in green and blue.

The two polypropelene swords are from Amazon.  One is a 39" 'katana' to proxy the Dominicide in single-bladed mode or the Dark Apprentice LE v5 with 36" blade or FreeMysteryBag.   The other is a 24" 'wakizashi' to proxy the stunt freeInitiate that I'll be getting with my order.

I'll probably use these to practice the more scary moves (such as Michelle C. Smith's rocket tossing moves) even once I get the Ultra Sabers... they're alot cheaper than the real thing.
[/spoilers]

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #10126 on: March 10, 2020, 10:24:06 AM »

I am waiting for my rather large order. I decided to go the stunt route for my frankensaber order, so I have a large number of sabers coming my way for my wife, son and myself. I expect 18 lightsabers will take some time to fabricate, so I’m just chilling playing with my current ones. I finally had a small breakthrough on spinning yesterday and wrapped my head around a move, so I can practice that now. My order will likely take quite a bit longer than normal, even as only stunt sabers simply because of the volume. It’s okay though, I have things to do and they will arrive in due time. Still excited to see how the frankensaber turns out.

Light side points when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10127 on: March 10, 2020, 12:40:03 PM »

Best photo ever - thank you xXxx

Isn't it? All I hear is "Absolute power!"

Infinit01 - many thanks! That’s made my day  Grin Grin Grin

You're welcome, glad to be able to help

Those are definitely the best photos I've ever seen Grin Grin Point incoming!

Glad to hear that, this made my day Smiley

The first one looked bored and the second one just wanted to kill it. Lol

I'm a sucker for dogs, look at those eyes!

I enjoyed this video, Darth Syronimus.

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #10128 on: March 10, 2020, 02:13:35 PM »

Thank you all. You’ve brightened up my day.
I hope I get notice soon on my order from 6th January soon, but while I wait the photos help xXxx

4fngrz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10129 on: March 10, 2020, 04:03:01 PM »

I picked up Overtime at work today. It just so happens that my saber order is out for delivery today and being dropped off at my work.  I'm practically vibrating in my seat I'm so excited.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #10130 on: March 10, 2020, 04:10:33 PM »

I enjoyed this video, Darth Syronimus.

Thanks!

* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #10131 on: March 10, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »

I picked up Overtime at work today. It just so happens that my saber order is out for delivery today and being dropped off at my work.  I'm practically vibrating in my seat I'm so excited.

1) I immediately went looking for a game called Overtime... Cheesy

2) don't forget to wipe your seat afterwards Wink

3) are you going to unbox it immediately?  are you going to video unboxing it immediately?   of course you are... looking forward to the unboxing vid that you'll be uploading while playing with the new saber

4fngrz
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10132 on: March 10, 2020, 05:14:46 PM »

1) I immediately went looking for a game called Overtime... Cheesy

2) don't forget to wipe your seat afterwards Wink

3) are you going to unbox it immediately?  are you going to video unboxing it immediately?   of course you are... looking forward to the unboxing vid that you'll be uploading while playing with the new saber

1. I didn't even make that connection until you said that, but now I'm facepalming.
2. We should be good. Vibrations aren't THAT much.
3.  It will get unboxed and put into the travel case we picked up for them right away.  Probably won't be video of that. However, there will probably be video of the hubby having a meltdown when I get home with them, since he doesn't know they've shipped yet.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #10133 on: March 10, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »

1. I didn't even make that connection until you said that, but now I'm facepalming.
corona virus says no touching the face.... be careful Smiley

3.  It will get unboxed and put into the travel case we picked up for them right away.  Probably won't be video of that. However, there will probably be video of the hubby having a meltdown when I get home with them, since he doesn't know they've shipped yet.

now I'm totally intrigued on what you selected for the travel case... I'm going to be lazy and not search if you already posted it here somewhere... but yes, hubby opening the travel case definitely qualifies as an unboxing uncasing video.

4fngrz
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10134 on: March 10, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »

corona virus says no touching the face.... be careful Smiley

now I'm totally intrigued on what you selected for the travel case... I'm going to be lazy and not search if you already posted it here somewhere... but yes, hubby opening the travel case definitely qualifies as an unboxing uncasing video.

We actually picked up a hard sided rifle case from Cabelas. It fits perfectly with his 40" blade and, with as clumsy as I am, I'm not as afraid of damaging them. It's just the right size to hold all 4 of our sabers (bought 2, got 2 with the promos) plus all the accessories we got with them.

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #10135 on: March 10, 2020, 07:17:29 PM »

You're not alone.  I had one of those days and took a week or two away from the forums just to recenter.  I had been hoping the saber(s) would arrive in time for a 80's themed bday party I was attending, to go along with my sithjedi costume.  when I ordered back in Jan, it was between US or 'other guy'.  Well, it didn't arrive.  I went without a saber, and everyone kept asking if I was dressed up as Mortal Kombat. Sad

Emailed US nicely if there was anything backordered that's holding up my order, and if so, would it be possible to switch to something not backordered; got a response after a few days letting me know I was within 1-2 days from the top of the queue.  A few days later, got a fedex shipping notice.
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Sorry, no kittens or puppies pics from me. I'm allergic and any sniffles these days would have people around me crying Corona.

Sometimes taking a break is good advice. ..
I know I need to be patient. I think I was having a bad day yesterday and allowed  self-pity to set in (not a good attribute).

Today is a different day and I’ve bucked TF up!

My order from the 6th Jan will come eventually. TBH I think the main problem is I promised myself that I wouldn’t purchase any more sabers until the January order arrived and I now want a war Glaive and saber staff

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #10136 on: March 10, 2020, 07:33:05 PM »

We actually picked up a hard sided rifle case from Cabelas. It fits perfectly with his 40" blade and, with as clumsy as I am, I'm not as afraid of damaging them. It's just the right size to hold all 4 of our sabers (bought 2, got 2 with the promos) plus all the accessories we got with them.

We just bought a golf bag yesterday that has dividers to keep clubs from banging into each other. So far I only have my two sabers. Soon it won’t be able to hold everything. I like the hard case idea for a couple sabers, but I’ll want all of them when I go see my brother this summer so we can thoroughly “test” them.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #10137 on: March 10, 2020, 08:18:58 PM »

I've got a Star Wars folding chair bag (lost the chair years ago) that I'm keeping my spare blades in. It's got room enough for a couple sabers if I want.
But generally sabers will either be on my wall, or on my hands, so a carrying case isn't needed

-

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #10138 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:45 PM »

I've got a Star Wars folding chair bag (lost the chair years ago) that I'm keeping my spare blades in. It's got room enough for a couple sabers if I want.
But generally sabers will either be on my wall, or on my hands, so a carrying case isn't needed

-

I would generally agree, if I wasn’t planning a 500+ mile road trip to visit my brother this summer. I know they’re tough, but I want my sabers to earn their weathering, not get beat up by a bounce in the car.

MANDALORIAN
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

#thisistheway

« Reply #10139 on: March 11, 2020, 07:56:02 AM »

We just bought a golf bag yesterday that has dividers to keep clubs from banging into each other. So far I only have my two sabers. Soon it won’t be able to hold everything. I like the hard case idea for a couple sabers, but I’ll want all of them when I go see my brother this summer so we can thoroughly “test” them.

A giant fishing gear bag is also great for all the blades because it has two wheels and a pull handle but you can lay it down unless you don’t want to disassemble any blade staffs you own.

ULTRASABERS:

*CHOSEN ONE CE FOR THE WIFEY

*MENACE CE “ “

*INITIATE V4 “ “

*APPRENTICE V4 “ “

*GUARDIAN

*BATTLE SABER V3

*FLAMBERGE CE

*FRANKENSABER 2020 SCORPION/REAPER/DORINIAN/BROOD GUARD LE

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: