Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2983 2984 [2985] 2986 2987 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4880517 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44760 on: November 14, 2017, 09:03:16 PM »

Not committing to being depressed?

Let us ponder this notion.

No. Not committing to answering the question of whether the family coming is good or bad.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44761 on: November 14, 2017, 09:16:02 PM »

No. Not committing to answering the question of whether the family coming is good or bad.
Missed that. Family coming is usually a good thing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #44762 on: November 14, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »

Missed that. Family coming is usually a good thing.

Family coming is "Usually" a good thing, sometimes its not... Tongue

Hope them coming is good this time. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #44763 on: November 14, 2017, 09:22:19 PM »

Oddly enough, I'm the opposite. I tend to be more alert, awake, and alive when it's overcast and cool.

So naturally life kriffed me over by bringing me to sunny Florida...

It's like we're twins...  Exactly the same for me.  Winter was always my favorite time of year.  Chopping firewood, hunting, roaming the white woods, sitting outside on a cold clear night by a fire looking at the stars....  Being in the sunny hell hole that is Florida has just sapped me over these last years.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44764 on: November 14, 2017, 09:29:04 PM »

Family coming is "Usually" a good thing, sometimes its not... Tongue

Hope them coming is good this time. 
Well I haven't been made aware of any funerals, so.........yeah.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #44765 on: November 14, 2017, 09:32:47 PM »

I'm glad you have family coming then, hopefully it will cheer you up some!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #44766 on: November 14, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »

This time of year is hard on me as well, and it's not the weather. For the most part here in Houston where I'm at the cool days are nice and I'm not a morning person, I'm a night person. So getting dark early and lasting longer is good with me. The reason is because of family deaths, in 2000 my mother found out in Oct she had cancer, passed in Dec two days after my birthday. In 2002 my dad found out he had cancer and passed away on Christmas day as the clock turned to midnight (from Christmas Eve), was holding his hand as he passed. So this past weekend my wife's aunt who was an amazing woman passed away after finding out she had cancer in Sept. We were there.

So yeah on general this time of year just sucks. On top of that I think probably sometime in my 30s I would have depression on and off. Have never seen anybody for it or anything like that, in fact this may be the first time it had ever been written or spoken about. I never thought about getting help for it etc.. But I wouldn't call it a deep depression.

So the only thing I do is push myself through it. But there is one thing that I find works for me. I make myself stop complaining, out loud and in my head. Don't complain about work, who I'm working with, not wanting to get up from bed, whatever it is. Is it hard not to complain? It's not really that hard not to do it out loud but to keep that stuff out of you head is hard. But once you do it really does help, you will not dread whatever it is as much as e do now.

Good luck DL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #44767 on: November 14, 2017, 09:42:16 PM »

Another -1 cookie Logos.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44768 on: November 14, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »

It's like we're twins...  Exactly the same for me.  Winter was always my favorite time of year.  Chopping firewood, hunting, roaming the white woods, sitting outside on a cold clear night by a fire looking at the stars....  Being in the sunny hell hole that is Florida has just sapped me over these last years.
No. No white stuff for me. I don't like snow. It's cold. I like cool. Something between 65 and 75 degrees.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44769 on: November 14, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »

I'm glad you have family coming then, hopefully it will cheer you up some!
The thing is that, as far as I can tell, I'm not depressed because of life. That mess I can deal with. This just feels like no matter what I'm doing, the joy in it is instantaneously fleeting.

This time of year is hard on me as well, and it's not the weather. For the most part here in Houston where I'm at the cool days are nice and I'm not a morning person, I'm a night person. So getting dark early and lasting longer is good with me. The reason is because of family deaths, in 2000 my mother found out in Oct she had cancer, passed in Dec two days after my birthday. In 2002 my dad found out he had cancer and passed away on Christmas day as the clock turned to midnight (from Christmas Eve), was holding his hand as he passed. So this past weekend my wife's aunt who was an amazing woman passed away after finding out she had cancer in Sept. We were there.

So yeah on general this time of year just sucks. On top of that I think probably sometime in my 30s I would have depression on and off. Have never seen anybody for it or anything like that, in fact this may be the first time it had ever been written or spoken about. I never thought about getting help for it etc.. But I wouldn't call it a deep depression.

So the only thing I do is push myself through it. But there is one thing that I find works for me. I make myself stop complaining, out loud and in my head. Don't complain about work, who I'm working with, not wanting to get up from bed, whatever it is. Is it hard not to complain? It's not really that hard not to do it out loud but to keep that stuff out of you head is hard. But once you do it really does help, you will not dread whatever it is as much as e do now.

Good luck DL.
Well that does suck. But as I said, it's not complaining about life. It's just something else. I feel it, but don't really know where it's coming from. I'll manage.

No. No white stuff for me. I don't like snow. It's cold. I like cool. Something between 65 and 75 degrees.
Just knowing this came from your screen name instantly made me think of something so far away from snow. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44770 on: November 14, 2017, 10:03:12 PM »

Just knowing this came from your screen name instantly made me think of something so far away from snow. Tongue

Lewd.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44771 on: November 14, 2017, 10:10:35 PM »

Lewd.
Hey, you started it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #44772 on: November 14, 2017, 10:35:42 PM »

He was just talking about ice cream, I don't see the problem.  Grin

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #44773 on: November 14, 2017, 10:38:27 PM »

He was just talking about ice cream, I don't see the problem.  Grin

Dude, I'm from Texas, the Land of Blue Bell Ice Cream. I most definitely was NOT talking about ice cream, and I hereby take umbrage with this spurious allegation.

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #44774 on: November 14, 2017, 10:47:34 PM »

Calm down, have some ice cream.

Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 2983 2984 [2985] 2986 2987 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: