Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Spring Raffle ends 04/11/2017  (Read 130162 times)
Deathmark13
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

The mark of Death is Impartial. neutral align plz!

« Reply #345 on: April 09, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »

I have only seen it once with the color discs in, and they were a pale red compared to the main blade.   I never put them in myself.  We fiddled with the main blade color a little last time, but his batteries were low.  It looks a little odd, but with an Emerald you can, at least in theory, match the side blades color discs and thus keep the entire unit with a flicker/pulse if you keep the fourth channel (or whatever channel you have US assign to the side blades).

Color is a personal aesthetic thing  Different people find things pleasing.   SRD side blades with CG main might look fine.  Other people will tweak on it for not being exactly the same color.  

I wish the Diamond had the ability to change the side blades color.  Not only for those that want matching blades with the pulse feature, or be able to change colors on the fly, but also for those that like to mismatch their blades completely.  Imagine a saber with a red main blade, a yellow right side blade, and a purple left side blade, that pulse to completely different colors from each other on lockup.  The red hits with an Orange as normal, but the yellow pulses to green and the purple pulses to blue.  That would not only be weird, it also make cause a rave party to happen.

lol! that would be trippy as hell, yeah, i hope they come out with some sort of functionality like that for diamond guard sabers, i'd buy one almost instantly, the lack of emerald/diamond functionality for them is pretty much the only reason i didn't go for a guard saber first.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #346 on: April 09, 2017, 03:50:06 PM »

I have only seen it once with the color discs in, and they were a pale red compared to the main blade.   I never put them in myself.  We fiddled with the main blade color a little last time, but his batteries were low.  It looks a little odd, but with an Emerald you can, at least in theory, match the side blades color discs and thus keep the entire unit with a flicker/pulse if you keep the fourth channel (or whatever channel you have US assign to the side blades).

Strongly advise getting the LEE filters.  There are two or three reds that give near perfect match to the red LED.  The only of the RGB trio that I haven't yet found a perfect match for is the green LED, but you can get close and tweak the emerald main blade to it.

Deathmark13
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #347 on: April 09, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »

Strongly advise getting the LEE filters.  There are two or three reds that give near perfect match to the red LED.  The only of the RGB trio that I haven't yet found a perfect match for is the green LED, but you can get close and tweak the emerald main blade to it.

i've heard about these, what are they and where can they be obtained? i assume those are different than the standard color disks.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #348 on: April 09, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »

I think I mentioned the LEE filters to him, but he seemed unconcerned.

LEE filters are a sample set of theater lighting filters than can be purchased online for maybe a dollar.  The small book of color filter samples can yield a few one inch diameter circles with of color filters for a lightsaber to better match what you like.

This video presents the color of the filters.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHk5LTTyFR4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHk5LTTyFR4</a>

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Deathmark13
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #349 on: April 09, 2017, 04:12:36 PM »

I think I mentioned the LEE filters to him, but he seemed unconcerned.

LEE filters are a sample set of theater lighting filters than can be purchased online for maybe a dollar.  The small book of color filter samples can yield a few one inch diameter circles with of color filters for a lightsaber to better match what you like.

This video presents the color of the filters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHk5LTTyFR4

thanks! i'm sorry i glossed over your mentioning of it. mostly because if i am going to go for color filters i'd probably go for color filters rather than going emerald plus color filters.

Dongalonga
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #350 on: April 09, 2017, 05:06:09 PM »

I received my EW yesterday. I am quite impressed with the beauty and quality of this saber. I think I made the right choice waiting for a proper take on the MW style as it is my favorite hilt design. Thank you US for making this piece of art!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #351 on: April 09, 2017, 06:02:32 PM »

so if they pull out my name twice they wouldn't toss the second and draw again? has anyone ever won twice would i think be another good way of asking this?

I've seen this question asked a few times, including wondering myself as I have entered a raffle multiple times before and was curious, and US customer service told me that you can definitely win more than once. Each raffle entry is eligible for a win, and they don't toss out any raffle tickets until all the prizes have been awarded, so you're in it for as long as prizes remain available.

i've heard about these, what are they and where can they be obtained? i assume those are different than the standard color disks.

Regarding LEE filters, if you decide to get some, you can order Lee Filters from here for only $.01 each for up to two booklets of filters in one order using the coupon code SWATCH during checkout:

Lee Filters Design Edition

All you pay is shipping. I'm in Utah, so the total was $5.96 for just one, and it only went up $2 for shipping when I ordered 2, so shipping then worked out to be about $3.96 per booklet.  Plus, it's good to have a spare set so you get two of each color.

Then you can buy this hole punch to cut out a perfect 1 inch circle from here for between $6-$9, depending if you include it with an order over $25:

EK 1 Inch Circle Punch

It requires a folded piece of regular paper and sandwich the LEE filter in between because the hole punch only works with stiffer materials like paper, card stock, etc., and won't cut completely through the LEE filter before the LEE filter bends.  Here's a video where I do this (I'm using a 1.25 inch hole punch in this example, which works better for an MHS emitter because it's easier to unscrew the emitter and put the LEE filter in and screw the emitter back down on to it.  1 inch hole punch is best for non-MHS emitters and works for MHS emitters, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqx2XaWtu7c

I received my EW yesterday. I am quite impressed with the beauty and quality of this saber. I think I made the right choice waiting for a proper take on the MW style as it is my favorite hilt design. Thank you US for making this piece of art!

I completely agree! One of my favorites. It's a beautiful design.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #352 on: April 09, 2017, 07:46:57 PM »

my good karma reflects to the group. the con yesterday added 2 more to our number.
the impromptu saber fight was a crowd winner for sure.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #353 on: April 09, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »

my good karma reflects to the group. the con yesterday added 2 more to our number.
the impromptu saber fight was a crowd winner for sure.
You've got a great thing going there, bB. How many do you have in your group now?

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #354 on: April 09, 2017, 09:06:21 PM »

You've got a great thing going there, bB. How many do you have in your group now?

up to 53 members, one of the new ones is going Mandalorian style. so 2 mercs in the group.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #355 on: April 09, 2017, 09:21:23 PM »

up to 53 members, one of the new ones is going Mandalorian style. so 2 mercs in the group.
2 mercs, eh. That's pretty cool. Really can never have too many of those - they're a rare cosplay. How many model their costume after specific Jedi characters? Or do most go more for more of a "generic" Jedi appearance? I'm curious because I was approached by a group here at FanX, and I've also been asked before, "what character are you?", and my answer always has to be, a "Jedi". I'm not going for Obi Wan or anyone else specifically. Now I think I would like to get a costume that is patterned after a specific character, so I was wondering what most do in your group.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #356 on: April 09, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »

2 mercs, eh. That's pretty cool. Really can never have too many of those - they're a rare cosplay. How many model their costume after specific Jedi characters? Or do most go more for more of a "generic" Jedi appearance? I'm curious because I was approached by a group here at FanX, and I've also been asked before, "what character are you?", and my answer always has to be, a "Jedi". I'm not going for Obi Wan or anyone else specifically. Now I think I would like to get a costume that is patterned after a specific character, so I was wondering what most do in your group.

quite a few are going with original concepts with the costumes. by no intention did I go with the Qui Gon look, it just happened and the kids call me that when they see me.

who's scruffy looking?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #357 on: April 09, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »

quite a few are going with original concepts with the costumes. by no intention did I go with the Qui Gon look, it just happened and the kids call me that when they see me.
Yeah, you do a have a good Qui-Gonn Jinn look happening there, albeit unintentional, it works well for you.  Wink

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #358 on: April 09, 2017, 10:11:31 PM »

Do you go for a 'strict' SW Jedi look - robes, tabards etc? I've seen all sorts of outfits from 501st-ready to steampunk to medieval to modern urban, and am always intrigued by the idea of putting in so much time and effort.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #359 on: April 09, 2017, 10:32:01 PM »

Do you go for a 'strict' SW Jedi look - robes, tabards etc? I've seen all sorts of outfits from 501st-ready to steampunk to medieval to modern urban, and am always intrigued by the idea of putting in so much time and effort.

nope, not that strict. "fishnet girl" as Isola called her has this idea and has the fabric already set.

who's scruffy looking?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: