Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 183425 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2017, 04:15:15 AM »

No, this is gorgeous in a crazy weird way.  I'm pretty sure the green is actually a reflection from the trees.  Again, I don't own this one:

It's got almost a Glamdring pommel, but then the blade is curvy. Yes, it is pretty awesome looking.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2017, 04:42:48 AM »

Oh, we're doing the sexy knife pics are we, and not just the knives we own?  In that case, sit back and enjoy...

....The Aegir.  A knife so sexy it has a name  Cool

Check out the full description and specs for both the knife AND the display here:
http://www.jayfisher.com/Aegir_Nebula_Stone.htm

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »

Oh, we're doing the sexy knife pics are we, and not just the knives we own?  In that case, sit back and enjoy...

....The Aegir.  A knife so sexy it has a name  Cool

Umm... I want one. That thing is seriously beautiful.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2017, 07:48:11 PM »

The wavy bladed one is a Kris knife (or dagger, depending on the length, although they're used pretty much interchangeably) and actually originated in Indonesia.

@Hansrad - Unicron for the win!  And that's a very nice collection. I see a number of Gil Hibben designs, and I've got one of the Dragon Split Blades on the right.

I don't own this, but I want it:

Thanks. My first one was a Gil Hibben. My sword collection leans more towards Kit Rae stuff. I've got a couple of the split blades because I marred a part of the blade trying to polish it up with a dremel and needed a second one that was still in pristine condition.

That curvy twisty blade knife is pretty cool. Is that Damascus steel that gives the pattern?

Honestly, I love the simplistic beauty of the wooden handled one three down from the top center. I also like the one just to the left of the one with the blue stone in the blade. But really, those are all pretty awesome.

Point to you

I just have to give you a point for that thing. It is simply gorgeous in a crazy, weird way.
The wood handled one is probably the most comfortable one to hold. As one can probably guess some of those are a little awkward/scary to hold.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »

Hence the title we'd love to see some swords from you guys too.

And points for everyone for sharing some works of art.

My turn:

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2017, 09:24:50 PM »

I'd love a replica of the 1987 Masters of the Universe He-Man sword. 

My favorite sword is the Katana that Connor MacLeod uses in the Highlander movies

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2017, 10:47:38 PM »

Oh my  Shocked   I had no idea that knives and daggers could be so artistically beautiful !!  Those mother of pearl inlays and the dragon one... and The Ageir... and I could keep on going.  Even the more modern ones have an attractiveness.

I definitely will have to own one beauty but my attention will always go to swords first.  But not as sure anymore.  

Are those knives quite old... meaning they don't make them anymore and one would have to go to an antique store or an auction to get one ?  Or perhaps even a pawn type shop ?  Can't imagine the cost to purchase.

To be clear... I don't have a collection of real swords... mainly the Cold Steel polypropylene practice ones and a few display replicas.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »

Oh my  Shocked   I had no idea that knives and daggers could be so artistically beautiful !!  Those mother of pearl inlays and the dragon one... and The Ageir... and I could keep on going.  Even the more modern ones have an attractiveness.

I definitely will have to own one beauty but my attention will always go to swords first.  But not as sure anymore.  

Are those knives quite old... meaning they don't make them anymore and one would have to go to an antique store or an auction to get one ?  Or perhaps even a pawn type shop ?  Can't imagine the cost to purchase.

To be clear... I don't have a collection of real swords... mainly the Cold Steel polypropylene practice ones and a few display replicas.

Those were custom knives and daggers made for collectors. I would assume that you could get an art hilt if you tried researching on blade forums(not an ultrasabers competitor). I'd like to have one done too. Fixed drop point blade with a wave pattern bolster which appears to hold the blade and purpleheart wood inlays, that would have its own decorated display case on a dedicated shelf.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2017, 01:40:49 AM »

I'd love a replica of the 1987 Masters of the Universe He-Man sword.  

My favorite sword is the Katana that Connor MacLeod uses in the Highlander movies

I need(not want, need) to get two more knives before I start saving up again for a saber.

1st one:

2nd one:

Hmm I wonder why they are so big?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2017, 01:49:47 AM »

Hence the title we'd love to see some swords from you guys too.

And points for everyone for sharing some works of art.

My turn:

My wife, stepson, and I all have one of those.  Each is hand made, so no two are alike.

@Hansrad, yes it's the Damascus steel gives it the pattern. You're seeing all of the layers of steel.

@ Prowl Connor or Duncan? Duncan's is actually more comfortable to use.

Connor's is the first one, Duncan's is the bottom one.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2017, 02:19:15 AM »

My wife, stepson, and I all have one of those.  Each is hand made, so no two are alike.
You have one of those?! Where did you get it?

Vivectius
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2017, 02:57:42 AM »

You have one of those?! Where did you get it?

I'm rather embarrassed to post it: https://www.amazon.com/Knife-King-Damascus-Handmade-Folding/dp/B007RN6OZS

Like it says in the description, make sure you order it from that company. And be careful, there's a "Knife King Industries" in Pakistan selling cheap junk. The real company is in England.

And, special just for Hansrad, I managed to find my Gil Hibben Highlander Bowie set:

The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2017, 03:25:23 AM »

I'm rather embarrassed to post it: https://www.amazon.com/Knife-King-Damascus-Handmade-Folding/dp/B007RN6OZS

Like it says in the description, make sure you order it from that company. And be careful, there's a "Knife King Industries" in Pakistan selling cheap junk. The real company is in England.

And, special just for Hansrad, I managed to find my Gil Hibben Highlander Bowie set:
Huh. Good to know. Are they strictly display only? And why would you be embarrased to post it? Those two I'm gonna get are tac force so nothing to be embarrassed about.

Vivectius
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2017, 05:20:54 AM »

Huh. Good to know. Are they strictly display only? And why would you be embarrased to post it? Those two I'm gonna get are tac force so nothing to be embarrassed about.

No, they're functional, although I wouldn't take one camping or such. But they are quite sharp and hold an edge quite well.

Mostly embarrassed that they're available on Amazon.  It's like having a really awesome piece of pie at an expensive restaurant, then finding out that you can get the same pie at a grocery store.

Next up, I'm not 100% certain where you'd actually hold this...thing:

Unknown to death
 Nor known to life

Vivectius
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2017, 05:27:46 AM »

Also, when you absolutely, positively have to make sure it REALLY hurts when you stab someone:

If anyone really wants to know where I find this stuff, let me know and I'll send links. It's not just random internet searches, you can actually buy pretty much everything I've put up. I'd actually forgotten how much just plain weird knives/swords/other bladed objects there were out there...

Unknown to death
 Nor known to life

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: