Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 178759 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #495 on: May 28, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »

I own both of these. They are budget knives, but they have insane cutting power.
cutting power is all you would need bro I would definitely carry 1

I hope training swords count, too Grin
I just pre-ordered a shiny new (HEMA-compatible) sabre:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_XbpIXY3sc#
looks very cool bro when you get it throw up some training would love to see it

Katana training
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM4nF9lxgcI&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM4nF9lxgcI&amp;feature=share</a>
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:59:07 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2019, 11:54:50 PM »

All posts were merged into one. Please use the quote feature to reply to multiple posts at once

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2019, 01:58:20 AM »

Hi everyone.  I was just taking inventory of my training swords.  Pretty sure a few are absent.  At least one arming sword and katana is missing.  Most are from Cold Steel.  I also have some wooden swords and other weaponry not shown.

My newest is a non-category gladiator type sword that I purchased from a Calgary company that had a booth at comic-con.  They sell both high end useable/collector and movie grade stunt weapons.  I have a question regarding the narrow wire handle grip.  It's a lot more comfortable to hold than it appears and that's kind of what caught my attention.

I have considered covering the wire over with leather but would prefer not to.  Here's their suggestion which I have never heard of before.  The instructions to keep the wire from rusting and to stop it from potentially unraveling is to coat the entire wire with polyurethane.  Apparently this will both protect and permanently secure. 

Has anyone heard of this or actually done it.  If so I would appreciate more details including the type/brand of coating and how thick to cover plus drying time.  Thanks in advance.  Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2019, 02:44:42 AM »

Nice collection D7 (also good to see you). You're Cold Steel arsenal has a far wider range than mine does.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ShadowyKnight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

The Cat King [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2019, 03:27:08 AM »

I see lots of videos of sword practice. Can I see someone cutting stuff with a sword? Grin Grin Grin

Nothing can't be counted, and nothing too.

My collection (which is depressing, hoping to add to it)
~Dark Initiate LE v5 stunt DVA

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #500 on: May 29, 2019, 04:29:10 AM »

I see lots of videos of sword practice. Can I see someone cutting stuff with a sword? Grin Grin Grin
do you have Instagram? Kungfulovenyc if you do I made a cut there with a razor sharp sword

Dauntless Seven that's an awesome collection, was really looking to buy a few from cold steel but there was disclaimer from the company do you know about it? I'm afraid to buy them now but if you have any info please share it so I can be a little more braver. Nice to see you been so long.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 11:50:24 AM by Racona Nova » Logged

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #501 on: May 29, 2019, 12:12:27 PM »

Hey D7! Great to see you post and share your beautiful collection! To answer your question, I have not heard about coating the wire grip either. However, I imagine covering with either leather or polyurethane will compromise that comfortable grip. I could imagine the tactile, visceral feel of the wire would be synthetic feeling with an unnatural coating. Maybe a light rub down after use with a cloth and sword oil would prevent rusting. Is unraveling a real threat? If not, I would take my chances leaving if untreated. Good luck whatever you decide. Thanks for sharing.

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #502 on: May 29, 2019, 12:54:27 PM »

Nice collection you have there, D7. They're beautiful

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #503 on: May 29, 2019, 02:07:28 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw0au8AFNpM/?igshid=rbifl9u320i6 that's a cut 🙋‍♂️

ShadowyKnight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

The Cat King [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #504 on: May 29, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »

Thanks @Jaymes1980

Nothing can't be counted, and nothing too.

My collection (which is depressing, hoping to add to it)
~Dark Initiate LE v5 stunt DVA

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #505 on: May 29, 2019, 06:16:04 PM »

Anytime @shadowyknight if you want to read about that sword Google paul chen praying mantis

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #506 on: May 29, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »

Dauntless Seven that's an awesome collection, was really looking to buy a few from cold steel but there was disclaimer from the company do you know about it? I'm afraid to buy them now but if you have any info please share it so I can be a little more braver. Nice to see you been so long.

Hi Jaymes.  I don't know anything about a Cold Steel disclaimer.  I do think that they make the hardiest/sturdiest polypropylene and santoprene practice weapons.  But the majority are often larger and heavier than the steel/carbon alternatives from which they are copied.  From what I can tell and comments of those in my community... the katana line and various knives are a safe purchase.  However many of their sword styles have guards that are either delivered or shortly following minimal use then become loose and rattle.  They likely do a decent enough job of sending appropriately sharpened blades.  The Cult of Athena is a well recommended site to purchase from and to see reviews on multiple company products that they carry.  Sometimes the overall quality is equal to the money spent.  Just check if they have any restrictions delivering to your country and of the customs taxes.  Hope that helps.  Nice sword cuts in your video !  Cheesy

Hey D7! Great to see you post and share your beautiful collection! To answer your question, I have not heard about coating the wire grip either. However, I imagine covering with either leather or polyurethane will compromise that comfortable grip. I could imagine the tactile, visceral feel of the wire would be synthetic feeling with an unnatural coating. Maybe a light rub down after use with a cloth and sword oil would prevent rusting. Is unraveling a real threat? If not, I would take my chances leaving if untreated. Good luck whatever you decide. Thanks for sharing.

Hi MP.  Thanks for your helpful reply.  My thoughts exactly.  I might try a light spray of flat Rustoleum.  I'm guessing that the wire has unraveled for someone else.  If that happens I'll secure it covertly from the base upwards as I really like the look and feel of the wire grip.

Thanks to everyone who has made a comment.   Smiley

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2019, 03:55:41 AM »

Hi Dauntless Seven, the disclaimer says materials that can cause cancer, I read into it apparently there is nothing to worry about but they have to have it up. I'm going to buy a few just hate the disclaimer wth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #508 on: June 02, 2019, 04:36:00 AM »

Badger Blades Long Celtic Leaf Blade with Taurean Guard

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #509 on: July 04, 2019, 03:08:41 PM »

Looks fascinating Wink

(Image is clickable.)

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.