Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: **SPOILERS** Spoiler-Heavy The Last Jedi Review and Questions **SPOILERS**  (Read 20212 times)
Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -39

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 10:44:11 PM »

Yes i am. Wookiepedia describes blasters as "Operating under the same principles as laser weaponry".  They must not know what they are talking about.

Well just checked Wookiepedia and to quote from the 'laser' page:

"A laser was a beam of focused energy operating under the same principles as blaster weaponry. Energy-rich gas would be converted to a glowing particle beam with the type of gas dictating the bolts color and qualities. The most common color was red because of its cheaper gas, green bolts are produced from a higher quality gas thus increasing price, blue bolts used ion based charges for more effectiveness against electronic and mechanical targets, such as droids, and orange being low powered and used more in training.[1] Although these lasers did not act like a normal laser of photons moving the speed of light as seen as laser trip wires, it was a projectile weapon that could melt through targets, create explosions and even disintegrate objects."http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laser

So laser in Starwars may or may not Refer to what a laser actually is. But we are getting quite a bit of topic with this.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »

Well just checked Wookiepedia and to quote from the 'laser' page:

"A laser was a beam of focused energy operating under the same principles as blaster weaponry. Energy-rich gas would be converted to a glowing particle beam with the type of gas dictating the bolts color and qualities. The most common color was red because of its cheaper gas, green bolts are produced from a higher quality gas thus increasing price, blue bolts used ion based charges for more effectiveness against electronic and mechanical targets, such as droids, and orange being low powered and used more in training.[1] Although these lasers did not act like a normal laser of photons moving the speed of light as seen as laser trip wires, it was a projectile weapon that could melt through targets, create explosions and even disintegrate objects."http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laser

So laser in Starwars may or may not Refer to what a laser actually is. But we are getting quite a bit of topic with this.

Quite a bit OF topic indeed.

kav2001c
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 12:50:43 AM »

I have come to the realization that it isn't worth talking about our opinions about TFA and TLJ on here, because nobody seems to care anyways. You and I are in the minority that actually liked these two movies (on this forum at least), and any time we talk about why we liked them, someone comes and pretty much disses our opinion, but they will never explain why they do not like them. I have pretty much stopped talking about these two movies on here because of it.

The movies can be fun if you do not think too deeply about them (but then again, SERIOUSLY, I could say the exact same thing about New Hope, Empire, & Return Jedi). It's funny how fanboys grow up to be so jaded against prequel trilogy and new trilogy
As a child I watched them for fun and did not think twice about terms like realism. I can see my son having just as much fun as I once did.

But ploy holes aside* the one thing that REALLY bugs me about new trilogy is the entire First Order thing
Watching these films you would never have guessed that Empire LOST the civil war (both in Return of Jedi and later at Battle of Jakku both of which were supposed to be major turning points in the war)

It just baffles me how the good guys are so small / weak and bad guys have such a huge power base

As to trying to argue with haters or fanboys like I said the films (all of them) can be picked apart if someone cares to do so
But seriously whats the point
Pretty sad life if their whole purpose is trying to put down everything in the cinemas

*although to be fair although fun the Last Jedi has far more plot issues than Force Awakens had

Owned:
Dark Reaper with Obsidian v3 + Emerald RGBW + Adegan Silver Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 - Violet

Want:
Manticore or Scorpion? Electrum Wind. Lost Grey.
Diamond

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 01:37:53 AM »

The movies can be fun if you do not think too deeply about them (but then again, SERIOUSLY, I could say the exact same thing about New Hope, Empire, & Return Jedi). It's funny how fanboys grow up to be so jaded against prequel trilogy and new trilogy
As a child I watched them for fun and did not think twice about terms like realism. I can see my son having just as much fun as I once did.

But ploy holes aside* the one thing that REALLY bugs me about new trilogy is the entire First Order thing
Watching these films you would never have guessed that Empire LOST the civil war (both in Return of Jedi and later at Battle of Jakku both of which were supposed to be major turning points in the war)

It just baffles me how the good guys are so small / weak and bad guys have such a huge power base

As to trying to argue with haters or fanboys like I said the films (all of them) can be picked apart if someone cares to do so
But seriously whats the point
Pretty sad life if their whole purpose is trying to put down everything in the cinemas

*although to be fair although fun the Last Jedi has far more plot issues than Force Awakens had

I agree with literally everything you said here.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 01:57:25 AM »

really I couldn't care less about the "realism" or tech side of the argument.  It is story and character that I care about...and TLJ failed miserably  in that regard.  But that is my opinion and yes it is shared, apparently, but a large part of the fanbase.  If you like TLJ..thats fine.  Not going to knock you for liking it even if I can't see why.  The splitting of the fanbase is the hardest to take really.  Through all these years and debates, through the EU and the Prequels the Star Wars community was still unified.  We may have liked some aspect of SW more than others..but we never let it really tear us apart.  So what happened.  I;m sure everyone has their own theory, some probably insulting to the opposite "side".   Really is sad.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 03:05:09 AM »

Speaking for myself: one of the most egregious sins of TLJ was the criminal waste of Luke within canon.  Instead of becoming the promised "great Jedi" I expected (or at least wanted), his entire character arc is relegated to being a worthless, weak, and inconsequential shadow of Obi-Wan.

SO much potential unrealized...

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2018, 02:37:18 AM »

Speaking for myself: one of the most egregious sins of TLJ was the criminal waste of Luke within canon.  Instead of becoming the promised "great Jedi" I expected (or at least wanted), his entire character arc is relegated to being a worthless, weak, and inconsequential shadow of Obi-Wan.

SO much potential unrealized...

That is maybe the most significant disappointment for me; not so much the plot holes, etc., but the epic ness that could have been. There's definitely something to be said for going a different way and doing things differently. That said, seeing Luke as a Master and having the chance to view a display of his power after the benefit of 30 years of study/training was a no-brainer IMO.

Being a fan for so long, I was intrigued enough by the film and my response to it that I spent a few months creating a full length enhanced visual commentary for the Last Jedi. It is a companion to the film that you sync with it and watch them together.

Over 100 topics are discussed, there is a ton of stuff from the visual dictionary and I bring in segments of the other films when the commentary is pertinent. I think it's pretty fair. I'm critical when I think it's necessary and offer praise when warranted.

Here's the trailer for it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDabtZAflU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDabtZAflU</a>

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »

Checking it out, thanks DPM

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »

The consensus among those of us who did not like the film seems to be its treatment of Luke.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »

The consensus among those of us who did not like the film seems to be its treatment of Luke.

That's my biggest disappointment for TLJ, his character arc was just destroyed.  All of those decades of building this character just to end his story that way is a travesty of justice

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 02:16:06 PM »

Well........that was at the top of my complaints list. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »

Luke was emotional and angry because he tried to kill his nephew for being emotional and angry...  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: