Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: So..... Why DID Vader kill the Emperor???  (Read 17848 times)
Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2019, 02:31:06 AM »

Sidious is actually the only play they have. They need a villain that is already established that can be destroyed (again) within the span of a single film, since the idiots wasted 2 movies building up Snoke only to have him go out like a bitch, with no explanations of his plans, motives, or origin.

I couldn't really get on board with Snoke. He sort of struck me as diet Palpatine so much that I really didn't mind him getting punked. Maybe my feeling on that would have been different if like you say they ever explained what his actual deal was supposed to be. Now there's a hole where it seems like a villain for the story should be.

But I don't know that I want The Emperor's death in ROTJ retconned to fill it.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2019, 02:57:16 AM »

I couldn't really get on board with Snoke. He sort of struck me as diet Palpatine so much that I really didn't mind him getting punked. Maybe my feeling on that would have been different if like you say they ever explained what his actual deal was supposed to be. Now there's a hole where it seems like a villain for the story should be.

I don't think Palpy is Alive...  Either he is a Specter, a holocron or a recording of some kind..like the Messengers that were sent to Start Operation Cinder after his death.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »

WOW! Didn't see that one coming. ALL THE POINTS!

The entire canon has rubbed me as "diet" with tons of artificial fillers. The bad guys are just big meanies, the heroes are nauseating clichés, and rest is just mind numbing throwbacks and recycled designs. You ever get the thought they were hoping we wouldn't notice that they really had nothing but a lame social agenda? Roll Eyes

Think of it along the lines of Sauron's "death". Everyone thought he was gone for thousands of years, but he was really biding his time and gathering his forces. I can totally see Sidious being patient enough (#sithlife) to do this same thing. Snoke may have been significant opposition enough to prevent his return.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2019, 04:39:43 PM »

WOW! Didn't see that one coming. ALL THE POINTS!
The entire canon has rubbed me as "diet" with tons of artificial fillers. The bad guys are just big meanies, the heroes are nauseating clichés, and rest is just mind numbing throwbacks and recycled designs. You ever get the thought they were hoping we wouldn't notice that they really had nothing but a lame social agenda? Roll Eyes
Think of it along the lines of Sauron's "death". Everyone thought he was gone for thousands of years, but he was really biding his time and gathering his forces. I can totally see Sidious being patient enough (#sithlife) to do this same thing. Snoke may have been significant opposition enough to prevent his return.

Exactly....  Palpy Is the epitome of Sith...he plays the long game.  He even had a contingency just in case he was taken out.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2019, 04:50:24 PM »

Exactly....  Palpy Is the epitome of Sith...he plays the long game.  He even had a contingency just in case he was taken out.
Which, again, was ruined by the wicked witch and her army of flying monkeys.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »

Which, again, was ruined by the wicked witch and her army of flying monkeys.

I didn't mind Operation Cinder... I honestly didn't care for the whole Clone Emperors storyline.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2019, 09:05:00 PM »

I didn't mind Operation Cinder... I honestly didn't care for the whole Clone Emperors storyline.
I was more interested in the activation of the Emperor's Hand.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2019, 09:36:20 PM »

I was more interested in the activation of the Emperor's Hand.

yea  that ain't gonna happen...an interesting character.... Disney wouldn't allow it.   Unless they do and screw it up

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »

yea  that ain't gonna happen...an interesting character.... Disney wouldn't allow it.   Unless they do and screw it up
Why would't they allow it?

Also, it's not like they can do much worse. But I won't encourage them to try.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2019, 09:31:09 PM »

Gotta ask. Does anyone else read that word as EP-EE-TOME rather than EP-IH-TUM-EE? I do every single time.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2019, 09:51:31 PM »

Why would't they allow it?

Being Facetious.... because it seems like they made every decision  to make these characters less interesting...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2019, 12:53:12 PM »

Being Facetious.... because it seems like they made every decision  to make these characters less interesting...
Exactly what I've been screaming. All the main characters just seem to be empty archetypes.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: