Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: So..... Why DID Vader kill the Emperor???  (Read 17850 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 09:20:38 PM »

That's pretty much what the consensus is, its why in the EU Sith Lords became specters.  Got to wonder about Mace though since Qui-Gon was the first to figure it out and taught it to Yoda
Oh fah. Qui Gon was not the first. Besides, nobody taught Luke how to commune with a spook. Obi Wan just showed up and started barking orders. And what pray tell is the difference between a specter and a ghost?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 10:22:45 PM »

Oh fah. Qui Gon was not the first. Besides, nobody taught Luke how to commune with a spook. Obi Wan just showed up and started barking orders. And what pray tell is the difference between a specter and a ghost?

Nothing except I like the word so I use it more than Ghost.  But, even then Ghost isn't the right term for Either of them.  Jedi can come and go as they please, so in all sense they are not actual ghosts.  Ghosts are tied to a person, place or object.  Sith Spirits are though so they can be classified as ghosts or more precisely Poltergeists.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »

Nothing except I like the word so I use it more than Ghost.  But, even then Ghost isn't the right term for Either of them.  Jedi can come and go as they please, so in all sense they are not actual ghosts.  Ghosts are tied to a person, place or object.  Sith Spirits are though so they can be classified as ghosts or more precisely Poltergeists.
Even though the latter half of that word literally translates to "ghost". How about the word 'essence'? Not so much free roaming as it is tied to a relic.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Vaalic
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »

He saw Luke becoming him. The parallel between  that scene and the scene between Anakin and Dooku... he knows Palpatine played him and screwed his life. When confronted with his son face to face being stronger than he was and refusing to use his anger and accept the dark side, he realized he had to save his son.

There is no light side, there is no dark side. There is only the force. Jedi and Sith are two sides of the same coin. One paralyzed by fear of emotion, and one ruled and destroyed by it.

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2019, 02:54:57 PM »

So, I pose the question:  Which do you think it is?  Or is there a third way?  Did Anakin Skywalker truly redeem himself, or was it just Vader grasping at a last, desperate chance to usurp Darth Sidious and perhaps exact revenge on him for lying to him about being able to keep Padame alive?

Share your thoughts...

He redeemed himself when the sight of his son being tortured and calling out to him broke through that armor and into the heart of the man who was once Anakin Skywalker. Luke didn't give in to hate and perhaps even more importantly didn't surrender to cynicism. He held to his belief that underneath all that darkness there was soul worth saving.

Anakin even says to Luke "You were right about me." If Vader had done it just to usurp Palpatine I think he would have still been trying to make Luke turn even with his last breath.

ShadowyKnight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

The Cat King [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2019, 11:52:36 PM »

Palpatine isn't dead. Watch the trailer for episode nine.  Roll Eyes

Nothing can't be counted, and nothing too.

My collection (which is depressing, hoping to add to it)
~Dark Initiate LE v5 stunt DVA

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2019, 03:06:24 AM »

Palpatine isn't dead. Watch the trailer for episode nine.  Roll Eyes
Don't put too much stock in the 'Return of Palpatine' just off the teaser trailer.
These things are sometimes deliberately misleading.

I'd point out that the trailers for Force Awakens would have you think Finn was the new Jedi hero.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2019, 03:52:32 AM »

I'd point out that the trailers for Force Awakens would have you think Finn was the new Jedi hero.

I'd like to point out that the first trailer for TFA would have us to think that Finn was the Hero and main character of the sequels.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:42 PM »

Yeah, so far all we really have is a familiar cackle. Though personally I really would prefer it if The Emperors death in ROTJ was his actual death.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »

Sidious is actually the only play they have. They need a villain that is already established that can be destroyed (again) within the span of a single film, since the idiots wasted 2 movies building up Snoke only to have him go out like a bitch, with no explanations of his plans, motives, or origin.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »

Sidious is actually the only play they have. They need a villain that is already established that can be destroyed (again) within the span of a single film, since the idiots wasted 2 movies building up Snoke only to have him go out like a bitch, with no explanations of his plans, motives, or origin.

Got to lay the blame where it goes....Johnson and KK.  Abrams and Trevorrow had plans which involved Snoke's backstory, Rey's parentage and Luke Surviving.  KK gave Ruin carte blanche for whatever reason and he screwed it.  Why Trevorrow left...

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2019, 07:14:22 PM »

Got to lay the blame where it goes....Johnson and KK.  Abrams and Trevorrow had plans which involved Snoke's backstory, Rey's parentage and Luke Surviving.  KK gave Ruin carte blanche for whatever reason and he screwed it.  Why Trevorrow left...

From the stuff I'm hearing, I actually have quite a bit of faith that JJ will be able to bring it back to at the very least decent. Plus, every storyline that has ever been opened in the Skywalker Saga (that hasn't been closed) will be resolved. I'm pretty sure this includes Snoke.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2019, 07:21:38 PM »

I'm stealing this. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

From the stuff I'm hearing, I actually have quite a bit of faith that JJ will be able to bring it back to at the very least decent. Plus, every storyline that has ever been opened in the Skywalker Saga (that hasn't been closed) will be resolved. I'm pretty sure this includes Snoke.
Such as?....

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2019, 12:22:10 AM »

I'm stealing this. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Such as?....

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2019, 01:07:20 AM »

Yup, pretty much. Which is sad.