Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Rum's Unity-Another custom lightsaber build  (Read 6366 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« on: December 16, 2017, 12:28:43 AM »

Worked up another custom lightsaber to go with one of my Old Republic characters.
She is a Jedi Sentinel named Rumtumt'ggr, or simply Rum.
The saber is based on my feel for the one she built during the 'Fallen Empire' campaign.
I call it "Rum's Unity."

This one is built completely from Ultrasabers' components.
Shock body, Warglaive emitter and pommel, Obsidian V4 soundboard, Arctic Blue LED module, and an illuminated AV switch

Agreeing with my son that the parts were 'too silver,' I buffed them out with some steel wool, and then used 'Aluminum Black' to help darken and weather the parts.

Near the emitter, I engraved the word 'Unity' in the SW Aurabesh font

On the pommel, also in Aurabesh, I engraved the names of the two masters who helped her reach this unity in the Force.
Satele, from Satele Shan

And Marr, from Darth Marr

Using some brass colored tape I picked up, I added accents to both the switch area and the emitter.
The emitter holes were then opened back up with a sharp hobby knife.
On the grip, I used some camouflage tape as a grip accent

With some work, and fairly careful soldering, I assembled the electronics that would bring the saber to life

Got the switch properly wired up, and then managed to get all of the wiring into the hilt.
Finished build:

Youtube link:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g71TYQm9HBM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g71TYQm9HBM</a>

Lord Tohmas
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

(DS points please!)

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:13:03 AM »

Looking good, Therion! How does brass tape stand up? Does it appear to have good adhesive and will resist curling? It's a nice, simple way to add some customization, so just curious how robust you feel it is.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 01:27:48 AM »

That is a beautiful custom job!  Not sure how I feel about the camo, but it works well, and I imagine it will "dirty up" nicely with use.  Also, love the Battlestars hanging behind you.  Point for sure!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 02:40:31 AM »

Nice. The blue blade fits the saber perfectly.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 04:03:56 AM »

Looking good, Therion! How does brass tape stand up? Does it appear to have good adhesive and will resist curling? It's a nice, simple way to add some customization, so just curious how robust you feel it is.
Thanks, Lord Tohmas,
Seems to be standing up just fine right now, but time will tell.
It's only been on for a day or so.
That is a beautiful custom job!  Not sure how I feel about the camo, but it works well, and I imagine it will "dirty up" nicely with use.  Also, love the Battlestars hanging behind you.  Point for sure!
Thank you.
The camo beat doing another black wrap, and it fits the backstory nicely.
And thank you for noticing the models. Point in return.
Nice. The blue blade fits the saber perfectly.
Was my thought exactly, Taegin. That, and the user prefers that color in the story

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2026

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 05:39:12 AM »

Definitely nice for sure Tongue Been wanting to use grip tape like that but have always like, can't really find the proper words. Not really been interested I guess or hesitant about it? I like how that all came out though. I would've gone with a red blade though but you know me Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »

Definitely nice for sure Tongue Been wanting to use grip tape like that but have always like, can't really find the proper words. Not really been interested I guess or hesitant about it? I like how that all came out though. I would've gone with a red blade though but you know me Tongue
Yeah, I get the hesitance.
And I get the wanting red.
Maybe the next saber?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: