Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Filtered Tri-AS Prophecy - Pic Heavy  (Read 55238 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2018, 03:02:26 PM »

Hey Xamon... where's the photo to back up your claim ?!  Wink

Guess it's on you Haz since it is your thread.  Still say that the effect won't be the same for a single white diode.  Smiley

Mielikki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2018, 03:52:01 PM »

I'll have to try the Fiskar's punch.

I got my swatch books yesterday. For the darker blues, have you tried one blue disk and one of the neutral density filters? May eliminate some of the washout.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »

Unfortunately the Fiskar's punch has a rather large casing... therefore more difficult to place on that small filter size to get the most circles.  If you just want x2 gel discs then you will have ample room.  You should be able to find a bottle cap or something that is close for tracing.  If you want to actually place the disc lightly into the blade opening... then the US plastic disc size will work.  May be more challenging to remove later.  

One should use the 3/4 " punch as the 1" circle can be a tight fit and almost impossible to remove later.  As you will see on my photo there is a range of sizes that are needed for the various emitter styles.  If you make them too small... the disc can shift off the LED and not give as good/intense of a color as there could be.  

How about using that either metal or plastic plate that has various cut out circle sizes.  Could take a pen or some kind of scorer to make the circle on the gel filter.  Michael's crafts sells the plastic version.  Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »

How about using that either metal or plastic plate that has various cut out circle sizes.  Could take a pen or some kind of scorer to make the circle on the gel filter.  Michael's crafts sells the plastic version.  Smiley

Or just "trace" it with an exacto knife.  Roll Eyes

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2018, 05:51:01 PM »

Or just "trace" it with an exacto knife.  Roll Eyes

In areas other than Hoth Ontario a scorer is often an exacto knife... oh the things I shouldn't have to explain lol.  Tongue

But on a more serious note because the exacto tip is not circular like a pen tip or even a metal dental pick... it may be more difficult to maneuver for a smoothly cut round shape.  Wink

Sorry Haz... but you know how it ( he ) is sometimes...  Roll Eyes  Grin

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2018, 05:58:43 PM »

For the record - I'm quite ok if people wanna share their filter pics here, would add more content and keep some fresh air in the place Smiley

I didn't trace with a blade plug because it made the cut-outs too tight so the stock US filters seemed like a good compromise. Though in Sabers with MHS emitters there is the risk of them sliding out of place because of the larger surface area compared to the space in an MLS emitter.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2018, 06:01:45 PM »

I'll have to try the Fiskar's punch.

I got my swatch books yesterday. For the darker blues, have you tried one blue disk and one of the neutral density filters? May eliminate some of the washout.

Not so sure that a neutral filter would bring back any vibrancy with a blue one, but further cut down on light exposure(?).

Mielikki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2018, 06:20:17 PM »

It may, but sometimes a reduction in overall intensity can allow the colors to saturate better.

Witchpig
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 16

Judge me by my size, do you?

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2018, 11:49:36 PM »

Beautiful! The green looks quite nice! (I am biased, it is my favourite saber colour.)

Initiate V3 LE
Dark Initiate V4
Apprentice V4 LE

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2018, 12:28:40 AM »

I would post a pic of the colour if I could remember what host I was using for pics.
and no a n x-acto knife is a hobby knife, This is a scorer http://www.buyolfa.com/olfa-pc-l-model-1090486-plastic-laminate-cutter.html
There are several variations of them by assorted manufacturers. (and suddenly I hear crocodile Dundee in my head)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:32 AM »

You are from Hoth Ontario as well.  Roll Eyes   Moving on.  Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2018, 12:41:30 AM »

That's it - D7 gets all the snow from now on.

Not Vancouver; not Victoria...oh no!  Just her. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »

It may, but sometimes a reduction in overall intensity can allow the colors to saturate better.

Ah ok then, would be interesting to try.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2018, 12:24:30 PM »

Beautiful! The green looks quite nice! (I am biased, it is my favourite saber colour.)

100% agree!   Cheesy

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2018, 01:18:13 PM »

Actually I am from BC I just currently live in Ontario.
Oh and Picture:

It really does not do the colour justice but it is the best I can do with my ancient equipment. My camera is giving it a bit of a blue shift, it is a bit more towards yellow in person.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: