Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453556 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1035 on: October 20, 2019, 12:27:40 AM »

Wow FT, the level of detail that you can render...just staggering...

Hello Everybody, well in response to Dutch's kind comment on the amount of detail I can place in my models, I think I am about to set that level even higher with this hilt!!
It is a "Holy Grail" or quest of sorts to own a Graflex right? Well I can't afford to buy one atm but I decided I would do what I could and BUILD one! This isn't 100% accurate but it is recognisable. I'll let you decide this is "The Grail Graflex"...

But it gets better...Animation time!...

http://youtu.be/so45tjxDX4o

One final picture...showing it's heart of Kyber...

There is only one drawback with this design...I don't know how I am going to top it!
I might have to quit now as I have reached the pinnacle.....No chance! I am not quitting I still have more to show you all including the ROTJ hilt Dutch asked for (yes even with a blue blade  Wink )
Thanks for looking in on this hilt and for all the support. Till next time...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1036 on: October 21, 2019, 02:51:30 PM »

Just out of extreme morbid curiosity, how long until you incorporate the Patch?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1037 on: October 21, 2019, 05:27:58 PM »

Just out of extreme morbid curiosity, how long until you incorporate the Patch?

Hi Logos, if you are referring to Rey's repair job I already have it built. I challenged myself and modeled that one the day the first trailer dropped. I just haven't got round to posting it but I will soon. Here are a couple of sneak peeks I had posted here previously..

A New Hope AND TROS!

And is this the Patch you're looking for?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1038 on: October 21, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »

Hi Logos, if you are referring to Rey's repair job I already have it built. I challenged myself and modeled that one the day the first trailer dropped. I just haven't got round to posting it but I will soon. Here are a couple of sneak peeks I had posted here previously..

A New Hope AND TROS!

And is this the Patch you're looking for?

I know you already built the Patch. I'm asking when you're going to put on the saber.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1039 on: October 21, 2019, 05:35:09 PM »

Hello Everybody, well in response to Dutch's kind comment on the amount of detail I can place in my models, I think I am about to set that level even higher with this hilt!!
It is a "Holy Grail" or quest of sorts to own a Graflex right? Well I can't afford to buy one atm but I decided I would do what I could and BUILD one! This isn't 100% accurate but it is recognisable. I'll let you decide this is "The Grail Graflex"...

But it gets better...Animation time!...

http://youtu.be/so45tjxDX4o

One final picture...showing it's heart of Kyber...

There is only one drawback with this design...I don't know how I am going to top it!
I might have to quit now as I have reached the pinnacle.....No chance! I am not quitting I still have more to show you all including the ROTJ hilt Dutch asked for (yes even with a blue blade  Wink )
Thanks for looking in on this hilt and for all the support. Till next time...

THIS!

IS!!

AWESOME!!!

THESE renderings are EXACTLY why I became a saber enthusiast  Wink  Great job FT!

And I'm looking forward to seeing your version of Luke's RotJ hilt  Cheesy

I'd give you more than one point if I could^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1040 on: October 21, 2019, 05:57:00 PM »

I know you already built the Patch. I'm asking when you're going to put on the saber.

Hi again, I was planning on posting it nearer the release of TROS but I can send you a sneak peak to your inbox if you really want. I was gonna post it the day I built it when the trailer released but some "Other Guy" who designs 3D models posted his version and I decided to wait.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1041 on: October 21, 2019, 06:05:18 PM »

THIS!

IS!!

AWESOME!!!

THESE renderings are EXACTLY why I became a saber enthusiast  Wink  Great job FT!

And I'm looking forward to seeing your version of Luke's RotJ hilt  Cheesy

I'd give you more than one point if I could^^

Thanks Dutch, I'm just happy you are enjoying the stuff I produce. The Graflex is a revered design so I had to do my best on it. And the ROTJ hilt is no different, I'm gonna  have my work cut out. (Though I think I did send you a sneaky peek of the blue version a while back - that shows how busy I've been with this thread ...I have a backlog of designs to get through)

Thanks as always!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1042 on: October 21, 2019, 08:04:59 PM »

Hi again, I was planning on posting it nearer the release of TROS but I can send you a sneak peak to your inbox if you really want. I was gonna post it the day I built it when the trailer released but some "Other Guy" who designs 3D models posted his version and I decided to wait.
That's alright. I'm in no rush. This trilogy has been an utter disappointment for sabers. The prequels brought us at least 20 new designs. Sequels brought 1.5.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1043 on: October 21, 2019, 08:14:37 PM »

That's alright. I'm in no rush. This trilogy has been an utter disappointment for sabers. The prequels brought us at least 20 new designs. Sequels brought 1.5.

Hi there, well I can't remember if I posted this here or on my site but folks have seen a peek at my "Masters Seres" of hilts so I'll post this little poster I knocked up.

I think there's some stuff above that will interest a few of you out there! And to Logos, I have a matching pair of curved hilts for a new character due to appear in TROS so I have increased the new hilt count to 3.5 now!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1044 on: October 21, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »

Hi there, well I can't remember if I posted this here or on my site but folks have seen a peek at my "Masters Seres" of hilts so I'll post this little poster I knocked up.

I think there's some stuff above that will interest a few of you out there! And to Logos, I have a matching pair of curved hilts for a new character due to appear in TROS so I have increased the new hilt count to 3.5 now!
Don't get me wrong, the Patch doesn't look bad, it's just I hate that they scripted the most most technologically advanced and complex pieces of equipment in the galaxy,........gets fixed with a band-aid. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1045 on: October 21, 2019, 08:34:23 PM »

Hi again,

I totally agree. When you consider Roger Christian had to make the Graflex sabers from scratch he used his creativity and Kit-bashing skills and discovered the flashguns but saw their potential. Genius.

For the prequels, LucasFilm designers had access to resin casting and chrome plating techniques and they used their imagination to design the equivalents of US's Avenger, Consular and Mauler hilts. Mild Genius.

Come the final trilogy we get a glimpse of Ben Solo's lightside saber and his later Kylo cross guard hilt (not too bad had they explained it better to begin with regards the ports/quillons) and a Band-Aid Graflex. I don't know though, since I modeled it I kinda like it more than I did but it still seems lazy compared to the efforts from previous trilogies. They did basically wrap a belt round it with a blocky buckle on it. And have you seen the belt clip feature of this hilt? They just carved a slot into the T-Grip that slips over Rey's belt. That thing looks so brittle I imagine a lot of replicas will suffer snapped belt clips. (I modeled two versions one with a D-Ring and one with just a blank endcap)

Anyhoo, I will have a full gallery post featuring the GReyFlex as I call mine with glamour shots and animations.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1046 on: October 21, 2019, 08:42:16 PM »

To be 100% fair, the prequels also had the advantage of being in a time period with a LOT of jedi. The OT had 4 total, the sequels are up to 2 brand new designs and still a movie to go, if were sticking to the movies. Otherwise if were talking everything current-gen we have Fallen Order bringing at least one, Vader Immortal having brought one and Rebels bringing at least 3 (dont know exact #).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1047 on: October 21, 2019, 09:03:14 PM »

Hi again,

I totally agree. When you consider Roger Christian had to make the Graflex sabers from scratch he used his creativity and Kit-bashing skills and discovered the flashguns but saw their potential. Genius.

For the prequels, LucasFilm designers had access to resin casting and chrome plating techniques and they used their imagination to design the equivalents of US's Avenger, Consular and Mauler hilts. Mild Genius.

Come the final trilogy we get a glimpse of Ben Solo's lightside saber and his later Kylo cross guard hilt (not too bad had they explained it better to begin with regards the ports/quillons) and a Band-Aid Graflex. I don't know though, since I modeled it I kinda like it more than I did but it still seems lazy compared to the efforts from previous trilogies. They did basically wrap a belt round it with a blocky buckle on it. And have you seen the belt clip feature of this hilt? They just carved a slot into the T-Grip that slips over Rey's belt. That thing looks so brittle I imagine a lot of replicas will suffer snapped belt clips. (I modeled two versions one with a D-Ring and one with just a blank endcap)

Anyhoo, I will have a full gallery post featuring the GReyFlex as I call mine with glamour shots and animations.
Because that's the extent of their "creativity". As I said, had they used the Patch as a permanent activation box on an original saber design, it would look great. But they slapped it on an icon.

The other thing I hate is how the fans all think because there are slight differences between movie props that this means the saber was rebuilt off screen. SERIOUSLY?!? Vader is such a klutz that he needed 3 DIFFERENT sabers in the 5 year chronology of the OT?

To be 100% fair, the prequels also had the advantage of being in a time period with a LOT of jedi. The OT had 4 total, the sequels are up to 2 brand new designs and still a movie to go, if were sticking to the movies. Otherwise if were talking everything current-gen we have Fallen Order bringing at least one, Vader Immortal having brought one and Rebels bringing at least 3 (dont know exact #).
The OT had more saber designs. Those pretentious abominations don't count. I'm talking trilogy only.......Oh wait. I forgot about this abortion:

Now the count stands 2.5 original hilts. Still fewer than the OT.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1048 on: October 21, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »

Hi guys,

Obi-Wan was reputed to have tinkered with the design of his hilts "off screen" hence his "Lightsaber Build Diaries" that Luke found but most of the time the changes were down to lost/stolen props. The sabers such as the Graflex were an evolution of an original built by Anakin, so I agree with you Logos, the idea they are "new" rebuilt sabers doesn't hold.

But you liked my Rey Darkside Switchblade, right? I beat all the big names in the industry to be the first to build an accurate 3D model (ok maybe 90% accurate) and display mine!

p.s. News Alert! I may have an "original" new design using the Band Aid coming soon.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1049 on: October 22, 2019, 12:57:59 PM »

But you liked my Rey Darkside Switchblade, right? I beat all the big names in the industry to be the first to build an accurate 3D model (ok maybe 90% accurate) and display mine!
My biggest thing against butterfly staff is that it's totally wrong for a fighter of of Daisy's proportions. When they did Maul's staff, it fit Ray Park to T. This new thing is too long even for me, and I'm only 3" shorter than Phasma.

I've never had a problem with your work. I don't swoon over a design, but the 3D work is always good.

Look it's LF's latest saber design:

What do you think you can do with this? Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: