Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: Infinit’s Spinning corner  (Read 138145 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »

You accidentally posted 101 twice, instead of 101 and 102.

Thanks SFD for noticing that. Lol

Here it goes:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3usdm01E2A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Also, swiped my blade across in the Plum Blossum and removed the extra spin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_NKfDhPxyY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2018, 07:44:19 AM »

Ah, there we go. Great stuff. Though, we may have to report you for saber abuse. Tongue

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »

Ah, there we go. Great stuff. Though, we may have to report you for saber abuse. Tongue

buahahahaha, yeah, my Dark Initiate hates me.  Have a point!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2018, 07:57:36 AM »

I gave you one too. I meant to give you one for posting the videos anyway, but I somehow forgot. So, there it is. Smiley

I actually like that you leave stuff like drops and you hitting your leg in there when you post these. Some people would edit that stuff out. But, it's a good reminder that nobody's perfect and that these sort of things happen. Though, I did wince every time that lovely saber hit the floor. Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #259 on: December 05, 2018, 06:56:25 PM »

I gave you one too. I meant to give you one for posting the videos anyway, but I somehow forgot. So, there it is. Smiley

I actually like that you leave stuff like drops and you hitting your leg in there when you post these. Some people would edit that stuff out. But, it's a good reminder that nobody's perfect and that these sort of things happen. Though, I did wince every time that lovely saber hit the floor. Wink

Thanks SFD!  I leave my drops and me smacking myself or my surrounding to encourage unedited videos. If any claims to "never" drop their sabers then they don't really spin or aren't telling the truth.  All the Resident Masters will say the same and even in my martial arts study, my Masters will say that "dropping your weapon is just you learning.  No one is perfect, not even masters."

If it's any consolation, my Dark Initiate is now an empty and yes it has battle scars but to me, if a saber gets scares during spins and drops, it's even worse when it sees battle to a completely shinning saber isn't realistic.  But I also don't spin my Consular either since it's my most prized saber. I have cosplay and shelf queens and the sabers that I use for spinning which gets beats up and down but still holds strong.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2018, 07:32:29 PM »

I actually like that you leave stuff like drops and you hitting your leg in there when you post these. Some people would edit that stuff out. But, it's a good reminder that nobody's perfect and that these sort of things happen.

This^.

my Masters will say that "dropping your weapon is just you learning.  No one is perfect, not even masters."

If dropping your weapon is just learning, I'm learning A LOT at an incredible pace! Cheesy

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2018, 07:52:03 PM »

This^.

Agreed

If dropping your weapon is just learning, I'm learning A LOT at an incredible pace! Cheesy

That makes two of us then, DS! Lol.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »

Thanks SFD!  I leave my drops and me smacking myself or my surrounding to encourage unedited videos. If any claims to "never" drop their sabers then they don't really spin or aren't telling the truth.  All the Resident Masters will say the same and even in my martial arts study, my Masters will say that "dropping your weapon is just you learning.  No one is perfect, not even masters."

If it's any consolation, my Dark Initiate is now an empty and yes it has battle scars but to me, if a saber gets scares during spins and drops, it's even worse when it sees battle to a completely shinning saber isn't realistic.  But I also don't spin my Consular either since it's my most prized saber. I have cosplay and shelf queens and the sabers that I use for spinning which gets beats up and down but still holds strong.

Heh, I hardly spin. I do simple stuff compared to what you and others do, and I drop my sabers from time to time. Anyone who claims to not drop theirs is full of bantha crap.

I only reason I winced with the DA being dropped is because of the anodizing. But then, US anodizing is really strong. Scratches in general I don't worry about. I scratch my hilts just doing installs. I don't mean to, but it happens. (yes, I've even scratched anodizing) Aluminum is a soft metal. But, it's perfect for these sabers since it's light weight and less likely to corrode.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »

I swear some of y'all would have a heart attack if you saw some close ups of my Menace 😆

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2018, 01:50:04 AM »

Some might. But, the SW universe is known for its used look. Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2018, 10:28:34 PM »

Heh, I hardly spin. I do simple stuff compared to what you and others do, and I drop my sabers from time to time. Anyone who claims to not drop theirs is full of bantha crap.

I only reason I winced with the DA being dropped is because of the anodizing. But then, US anodizing is really strong. Scratches in general I don't worry about. I scratch my hilts just doing installs. I don't mean to, but it happens. (yes, I've even scratched anodizing) Aluminum is a soft metal. But, it's perfect for these sabers since it's light weight and less likely to corrode.

Believe it or not, the only thing that really gets dinged up is the pommel which makes the bottom end of the saber heavy anyhow. 

I swear some of y'all would have a heart attack if you saw some close ups of my Menace 😆

No surprises

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2018, 10:30:43 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUaaICkln6k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »

Decided to spin even in the 45 degree wet weather. Didn’t stay out long though since my fingers started to get numb

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdBum_Kd6K4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Stay tuned for a special vid in a bit

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2018, 01:04:33 PM »

I now have a dedicated staff thanks to a really awesome person, here's it in action for the first time after I picked it up from the Post Office this morning

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIzL0GVhusg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #269 on: December 07, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »

Nice! You seem to have taken to the staff with ease. I have not yet worked with a staff. Would you say there are a lot of crossover techniques from single-blade spinning?

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: