Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 255299 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #510 on: November 11, 2014, 02:05:34 AM »

Hi Brian. XD I'm also a saber addict. Been begging for a Dominix LE V4 in Guardian Blue for a week now. Lol. And as you can see the list of my next wanted sabers has grown even longer.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Locutis
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -100

Jedi or Sith? Let the board decide my fate!

« Reply #511 on: November 11, 2014, 04:02:36 AM »

I may have to join a support group... "Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a saber addict.  It's been 14 hours since my last order..." :-D
Hi Brian, my name is Keith and I'm also a saber addict. It's been about 10 minutes since my last order! Roll Eyes lol

Emerald Menace SE*
~Emerald Manticore*
Dark Monarch Scepter CG*
Dark Arbiter DVA*
Scorpion FO*
Dark Prophecy SY*
Shock GB*
~Overlord SRD*
~Liberator CE BR
~Dark Liberator AB
Dominix V3 AS
Phantasm LE CG
Prophecy V3 DVA
Standard Issue
Raven BR
Aeon LE V3 GB
Initiate V3 ABx2 & HP
Dominix V2 BR
Aeon V2 GB & EG
*Obsidian
~Raffle Prize

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #512 on: November 11, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »

I thought I had a lot, up to 23 now, but 37!?  Shocked

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Qui-Lar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 68

"This weapon is your life!"

« Reply #513 on: November 14, 2014, 03:54:49 PM »

I purchased all of my sabers throughout
this year! Addict Huh I admit it. Here's the
thing, I have PTSD and these beautiful
babies are GREAT therapy for me. I thank
Ultrasabers for an awesome and affordable
product that appeals to the "child" inside
of us and they are so much fun to play
with and customize.

Catalyst(s) DarkArbiter DarkProphecy(s) ChosenOne
CrimsonMantis DarkLiberatorV3 InitiateV3 ShockLE
Guardian SentinelLEV4 Consular DarkInitiateLEV2
InitiateLEV2 Manticore(s) DominixV4 Flamberge(sss)
Bellicose Archon DominixLEV3(s) Monarch InitiateLEV3
SentinelV4 DominixV2RGB Scorpion(s) Menace(sssss)
DarkApprenticeV4 DarkSentinelLEV4 AeonLEV4V

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #514 on: November 30, 2014, 04:28:57 AM »

Here is a re-cap of my knowledge of the situation as this thread seems to have gotten off track a little bit:

1.  All of this started over one guy claiming his soundfonts were stolen.  A fake contract was posted by "Truth about (insert what ever company they are bashing on today)" that had ZERO signatures on it, just typed names.  This resulted in a court proceeding initiated by Ultrasabers.

2.  Members of another forum began to actively harass US forum members with threats if we didn't abandon this forum. 

3.  This grew into a claim of people buying ultrasabers from Ebay (where US has never sold a saber) that had batteries exploding, wiring was shoddy, & no heatsinks were being used in construction.  None of these sabers to date have ever been traced directly to ultrasabers.

4.  Emails began to surface claiming that Emory was ripping people off.  One guy actually screwed up on Facebook by saying that Emory had failed to send him 3 free ultrasabers fully loaded because the wrong LED color had been installed in his Guardian.  Of course Emory told the guy NO and this led to the claims that Emory was defrauding people.  You'll never find another saber smith sending 3 free sabers with sound and all the bells and whistles over a $35 LED mixup.  To note, Emory's email that was published by said person showed that Emory was willing to send him a new LED (with FOC of his choice) for free overseas.  That wasn't cheap shipping people.

5.  A short lived claim came up that Flash on Clash was a trademarked term of another smith but once it was published that US owned the Flash on Clash trademark, that got quietly put away and all comments on other forums disappeared including those stupid (TM) additions as well. 

6.  A new claim has emerged that US uses hot glue to hold everything together but two other smiths that charge $1000+ on their sabers do the same thing and not one person has ever called that work shoddy.  (What's good for one should be good for all right?)  It actually protects the warranty because they know if someone has been tinkering with the internals.  Computer companies and cable companies have that same stuff inside their boxes to prevent false warranty claims. 

7.  Two other companies have decided to use the ultrasabers model for producing sabers in order to lower their own costs.  If you watch other forums or FB, you'll see that the same allegations levied against US has been levied against these other groups.  "Stealing designs."  "Stealing fonts."  "Rude emails."  "Batteries exploding."  "Sabers failing for no reason."  Look it up if you think I am lying, you'll see the other groups getting slammed as well. 

8.  One of Ultrasaber's biggest denouncers has come forward telling people that he is tired of seeing fake comments about Emory and Ultrasabers being posted on his FB pages and forums.  If someone that hates your product is saying that people are lying about you, makes you wonder how much truth is really behind the "Truth about Ultrasabers" YouTube videos, forum posts, and Facebook pages. 

I am not an exclusive Ultrasabers customer.  I have custom built some of my own pieces and used parts from various sources to customize sabers beyond what is offered.  I have purchased directly from the company and not modified the following sabers:

1.  War Glaive.  Damaged by me during a parking lot demonstration in 2014 in which the pommel loosened and came off thereby ripping the internals out due to my hard force.  When I picked up the Obsidian 2nd generation board from the parking lot, it was still making sounds.  I have yet had time to repair but it has taken 3 years of constant beating. 

2.  Aeon LE v2 Grab Bag saber.  Used for quiet work when my kids are sleeping.  Still getting the hell beat out of it for 2 years. 

3.  Two Archon version 2.1.  Made into a staff and was fully loaded with everything I could cram into it in 2013.  Only had one tip fly off after hitting a training dummy with it at full force.  5 mins and one tube of gorilla super glue, still taking a beating.  It is sitting 4 feet from me as I type this. 

I am the hardest hitting duelist out there and I punish my sabers quite often.  These stories about hilts breaking in half and dying after hitting Hasbro sabers is rubbish.  I'll use mine to defend against a home invasion and the intruder will certainly be explaining to police about the crazy nut that put him in the hospital with a lightsaber.  I am that confident that they are that good. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #515 on: December 08, 2014, 03:44:57 AM »

I know of the pages you're talking about and they annoy me so badly. x.x That pic of the cut Liberator, you know it was done on purpose. Liberators are touphies which is why I bought me a V3 this weekend. My 2 V2's did die on me awhile back but oh well, I kept the hilts. I personally love US stuff and will continue to buy from them and will probably eventually have my own personal US, just haven't figured out what I want the hilt to look like yet.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

jsudderth
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 28

Light side points, please and thank you!

« Reply #516 on: December 17, 2014, 09:37:27 PM »

8.  One of Ultrasaber's biggest denouncers has come forward telling people that he is tired of seeing fake comments about Emory and Ultrasabers being posted on his FB pages and forums.  If someone that hates your product is saying that people are lying about you, makes you wonder how much truth is really behind the "Truth about Ultrasabers" YouTube videos, forum posts, and Facebook pages. 

I have seen one of these videos on YouTube, a guy over in the UK talking about bad electronics and really bad customer service. I watched it right after I got my first saber in November. IAfter we watched it, I told my wife that what the guy said was so contrary to any evidence or word of mouth I had ever seen or heard about UltraSabers customer service. It smells fishy...

Wants:
Chosen One CE:Blazing Red
Graflex CE:Arctic Blue
Guardian:Guardian Blue
Consular:Consular Green
Dark Monarch:Dark Violet Amethyst
Monarch:Sunrider's Destiny
Archon:Emerald Green
Dark Prophecy:Bane's Heart
Prophecy:Sunrider's Destiny
Have:
Dark Standard Issue V3:Blazing Red (Grab Bag)
Dark Initiate LE V4 w/Sound:Guardian Blue

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #517 on: December 18, 2014, 12:20:43 PM »

Thought I'd chime in on this youtube vid.. being from the UK I found this review just after I ordered my Aeon V3 AS with sound. I must admit I was worried (turns out for NO reason at all), but even watching the vid back then I was thinking while watching...:

"well that was your fault.. "
"and that was ALSO your fault"
"well why didn't you just contact Emory?"
"moaning for moaning's sake.."
"it's all on the notes about batteries and any problems contact US first, which clearly was not done"

The only "Truth" was that the guy didn't really give Emory or US a chance and when solutions were provided he just didn't like it..

I stand by my view that US do an amazing job! make AMAZING products and have amazing and QUICK customer service and delivery!
There are a load of sabers (I'm sure) which are sent on a daily basis, accidents CAN happen.. Emory and US are humans after all right? at the very least they're humanoid..? right? Smiley

#just sayin'!

Adz

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #518 on: January 26, 2015, 08:06:31 PM »

I politely rebuked somebody for hatin' on US's "lack of quality" on the Mantis just the other day. Yes the Mantis came with birthing pains. It was an ambitous saber, but it was pulled off beautifully. My only complaint about it was the lack of a deburr on the milling of the emitter and collar. I understand that a deburr function would probably have been a very costly operation to run considering all the little details on those two parts. The rest of it was fabulous. But he went on to complain about its weight and its size. Man-up and just say that it was too big for your girly little hands. It's not US's fault that he didn't like the saber.

I've told any body that's interested, US has the best customer service I've ever dealt with. And if you tell them you have a legitimate claim, they will tend to it. My sound board fried after only 2 weeks of owning my first saber. Heartbroken I reported it. Emory told me to send it in, they swapped out the board, even dropped me a new set of batts no charge other than shipping it back to them. How are you going to complain about that?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Qui-Lar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 68

"This weapon is your life!"

« Reply #519 on: January 26, 2015, 09:13:55 PM »

Darth Logos is right, US customer
service is second to none! I like my
mantis, but then again, I'm a meat
eating tyrannosaurs rex.

Catalyst(s) DarkArbiter DarkProphecy(s) ChosenOne
CrimsonMantis DarkLiberatorV3 InitiateV3 ShockLE
Guardian SentinelLEV4 Consular DarkInitiateLEV2
InitiateLEV2 Manticore(s) DominixV4 Flamberge(sss)
Bellicose Archon DominixLEV3(s) Monarch InitiateLEV3
SentinelV4 DominixV2RGB Scorpion(s) Menace(sssss)
DarkApprenticeV4 DarkSentinelLEV4 AeonLEV4V

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #520 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30:26 PM »

point for support

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Number_Six
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #521 on: January 29, 2015, 07:05:11 AM »

After much research and weighing the pros and cons of custom sabers I have decided to go with Ultrasabers. I listened to the many people down Ultrasabers for this reason or that and took it into account. I also listened to the many people praise Ultrasabers and took their statements into account. One person with who bought a stunt saber on You Tube said he was just getting into the hobby and wanted to see how well built Ultrasabers base product was before ordering a 500 dollar item from them. He was very pleased with his stunt saber. After watching this video I set up an order for three stunt sabers and placed them on my wish list. As soon as my tax return rolls in I fully intend to order them and I can't wait. My wife, daughter and I already own three Hasbro lightsabers. We used to own four but after a intense duel between my daughter and I her Anakin Skywalker saber's led broke. She was heartbroken and I promised her I would get her a new one. She asked for purple. A color Hasbro will only sell for 175 dollars. The search for purple led me here. Ultrasabers was the only company in the business willing to sell me a purple saber for under 100 dollars and that is another reason I'm going with Ultrasabers. Ultra himself sealed the deal by coming out and addressing the fact that if he and his company repeatedly sold cheap and poorly made products he wouldn't still be in business. That really speaks volumes. I know I have said a lot in my first ever post on these fourms so I will leave you on this note. If your on the fence about Ultrasabers try out a stunt saber or a grab bag saber before making a high dollar purchase. Give them a chance before passing judgment.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:56:29 AM by Number_Six » Logged

Number_Six
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #522 on: January 29, 2015, 09:44:38 AM »

Here is a re-cap of my knowledge of the situation as this thread seems to have gotten off track a little bit:

1.  All of this started over one guy claiming his soundfonts were stolen.  A fake contract was posted by "Truth about (insert what ever company they are bashing on today)" that had ZERO signatures on it, just typed names.  This resulted in a court proceeding initiated by Ultrasabers.

2.  Members of another forum began to actively harass US forum members with threats if we didn't abandon this forum.  

3.  This grew into a claim of people buying ultrasabers from Ebay (where US has never sold a saber) that had batteries exploding, wiring was shoddy, & no heatsinks were being used in construction.  None of these sabers to date have ever been traced directly to ultrasabers.

4.  Emails began to surface claiming that Emory was ripping people off.  One guy actually screwed up on Facebook by saying that Emory had failed to send him 3 free ultrasabers fully loaded because the wrong LED color had been installed in his Guardian.  Of course Emory told the guy NO and this led to the claims that Emory was defrauding people.  You'll never find another saber smith sending 3 free sabers with sound and all the bells and whistles over a $35 LED mixup.  To note, Emory's email that was published by said person showed that Emory was willing to send him a new LED (with FOC of his choice) for free overseas.  That wasn't cheap shipping people.

5.  A short lived claim came up that Flash on Clash was a trademarked term of another smith but once it was published that US owned the Flash on Clash trademark, that got quietly put away and all comments on other forums disappeared including those stupid (TM) additions as well.  

6.  A new claim has emerged that US uses hot glue to hold everything together but two other smiths that charge $1000+ on their sabers do the same thing and not one person has ever called that work shoddy.  (What's good for one should be good for all right?)  It actually protects the warranty because they know if someone has been tinkering with the internals.  Computer companies and cable companies have that same stuff inside their boxes to prevent false warranty claims.  

7.  Two other companies have decided to use the ultrasabers model for producing sabers in order to lower their own costs.  If you watch other forums or FB, you'll see that the same allegations levied against US has been levied against these other groups.  "Stealing designs."  "Stealing fonts."  "Rude emails."  "Batteries exploding."  "Sabers failing for no reason."  Look it up if you think I am lying, you'll see the other groups getting slammed as well.  

8.  One of Ultrasaber's biggest denouncers has come forward telling people that he is tired of seeing fake comments about Emory and Ultrasabers being posted on his FB pages and forums.  If someone that hates your product is saying that people are lying about you, makes you wonder how much truth is really behind the "Truth about Ultrasabers" YouTube videos, forum posts, and Facebook pages.  

I am not an exclusive Ultrasabers customer.  I have custom built some of my own pieces and used parts from various sources to customize sabers beyond what is offered.  I have purchased directly from the company and not modified the following sabers:

1.  War Glaive.  Damaged by me during a parking lot demonstration in 2014 in which the pommel loosened and came off thereby ripping the internals out due to my hard force.  When I picked up the Obsidian 2nd generation board from the parking lot, it was still making sounds.  I have yet had time to repair but it has taken 3 years of constant beating.  

2.  Aeon LE v2 Grab Bag saber.  Used for quiet work when my kids are sleeping.  Still getting the hell beat out of it for 2 years.  

3.  Two Archon version 2.1.  Made into a staff and was fully loaded with everything I could cram into it in 2013.  Only had one tip fly off after hitting a training dummy with it at full force.  5 mins and one tube of gorilla super glue, still taking a beating.  It is sitting 4 feet from me as I type this.  

I am the hardest hitting duelist out there and I punish my sabers quite often.  These stories about hilts breaking in half and dying after hitting Hasbro sabers is rubbish.  I'll use mine to defend against a home invasion and the intruder will certainly be explaining to police about the crazy nut that put him in the hospital with a lightsaber.  I am that confident that they are that good.  
I heard all of these things in my research. Even went to the anti Ultrasabers Facebook page. It only had 16 followers. I thought to myself.........All the business these guys are doing and the Facebook page dedicated to complaints about them only has 16 followers? I felt something was amiss. So I have decided to order some stunt sabers and see how it goes.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #523 on: January 29, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »

I heard all of these things in my research. Even went to the anti Ultrasabers Facebook page. It only had 16 followers. I thought to myself.........All the business these guys are doing and the Facebook page dedicated to complaints about them only has 16 followers? I felt something was amiss. So I have decided to order some stunt sabers and see how it goes.

You were smart to research. Forget those haters. They want a 10k diamond for the price of cubic-zirconium. Are Ultrasabers perfect? No. Nothing man made ever is. But the company does strive to put forth the best product they can. The way I viewed it, if US were in the business of making junk, they would not have such an extencsive variety as they do.

Sig by For Tyeth

Number_Six
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #524 on: January 29, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »

I will most likely post a You Tube video to show off the family's new sabers. I will be ordering the V2 Dark Initiate in Sun Rider's Destiny and Violet Amethyst. And the Initiate in Fire Orange.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: