Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Holocrons  (Read 35362 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: February 18, 2019, 09:53:39 PM »

So for a while now, I have been making custom holocrons and offering them in limited runs. I was not sure that I could list them here, but I got the OK from Ultra to do so today.

First a bit of history. I started making these because I have always been intrigued by the concept of holocrons. They have a deep history, in Legends especially, but no more than a few designs are ever kicking around. In SWU though, just about all the Sith and Jedi Masters use them to pass down their wisdom, and the construction calls upon each to be unique and have a design representative of the maker. When I started cosplaying Revan and Nihilus, it was imperative that I have one for each. Since a lot of the designs out there were a lot more multipurpose, I designed my own. Why not make them available to others as well? What started as 2 designs in a limited run has turned into more than 10 designs to day split over 4 completed runs. Each holocron is designed to go with a specific master (with a couple of exceptions that are just for fun). Where there was source material, I tried to draw from it, where there was not, I tried to go with iconography that was recognizable. I am happy to be able to share them here with you.

I will use this thread to post designs, let people know when runs will happen, provide ordering instructions, and occasionally hold contests for discounts or other things. I hope you enjoy them as I much as I enjoy making them.

THE DESIGNS

The Jedi Holocron V4

The standard Jedi holocron has had a bit of work done. The new design features the abbreviated jedi code in aurebesh around the outside and a new two toned panel. The outer panel may be ordered in any color. Non translucent colors will partly block the light making it primarily shine through the center aperture. Translucent colors will blend with the main panel. For reference, the two in the main image are glow in the dark green on glow in the dark blue and purple on red. The jedi holocron can be ordered without the two tone panel for $5 less than the listed price.

The Mortis Cube

Concieved by Richard Gragorace, inspired by the designs on the Mortis painting in Rebels, which were inspired by the Mortis gods in Clone Wars, this is a perfect Holocron for a Mortis Ahsoka. Used correctly, I see no reason it could not unlock a world between worlds. Featuring the hands of the Father, the Son, and the Daughter, the symbols for light and dark, a symbol for force unity, and the fulcrum sigil, this is the only holocron design to have all different sides. Each one comes with painted accents to bring out the subtleties of the print. Accent paint is available in Gold, Silver, and Copper.

The Cube of Metatron

A crossover cube, this cube is based on the Cube of Metatron as seen in sacred geometry. It's frames sport a 3D concept of a cube with a circle around each of the vertices, represented as a 2D figure, rendered into a 3D holocron. That makes it a truly meta cube...(see what I did there).

The Holocron of Heresies

The holocron of Darth Andeddu, this holocron held the sith lord's lightsaber crystal as well as the knowledge of how to cheat death by transferring one's spirit to another body. The most recognized of all holocron designs, this is my current version of the holocron I offered in the first three runs. The ancient Sith text on the frame reads "Power, Passion, Order" being a version of the Sith code adapted for a Sith monarch.

The Holocron of Revenge

This is a new design and I think we all know who this one belongs to. Containing the secrets of the dark side and serving as a treasure trove of Sith rituals, Revan's holocron features the symbol of the revanchist, Revan's insignia (derived from the Star Forge) and a Sith star. It also features some embedded frame design that is not seen on any of the other models.

The Holocron of Hunger

The holocron of Darth Nihilus, this holocron holds the spirit of the Lord of Hunger and can impart his knowledge of how to escape death by binding one's spirit to objects (do you sense a pattern here?). Nihilus used this skill to bind his spirit to his mask and armor; what will you use it for? This holocron features a Sith Triumvirate seal and a framed circular pattern that surrounds a vortex-like circuitry design with a Sith star worked into the middle. The text in the frame reads "I am a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in my wake life dies" from a statement about Darth Nihilus attributed to his apprentice Visas Marr. This holocron was offered in run #3, but has been revised a bit and is now only offered in the concave version pictured.

Holocron of the Viper

The holocron that contains the secret origins of the rule of two.This Holocron's frame is adapted from the unclear image of the Holocron of Darth Bane as seen in the Legacy Comics. The panels feature aurebesh text that reads "there must only be two, no more no less" and "Equality is a lie". The top portions features a design of two different sith stars coming together in the middle to make the emblem flanked by patters taken from Bane's signature eye designs.

Holocron of the Dragon

The Holocron of Darth Krayt, this holocron contains records of the establishment of the One Sith. The asymmetrical frame pattern is based on Krayt's organic Vong Helmet, and his mismatched eyes. The text reads "One Sith" in ancient Sith script.

The Necroholocron

The Dread Lord Cthulhu! This crossover design, in honor of the ultimate victory over death itself, features a frame in the style of the Simon Elder Sign from the Necronomicon holding in check a holocron surface covered in a tentacle pattern. We should be glad that it is there because whatever is in this holocron wants out. Atop the design is a glowing sigil of the three lobed burning eye; its purpose, as the motivation of the crawling chaos himself, remains a mystery. This design is also offered with a special exclusive crystal chamber for those brave enough to release the horror inside. This chamber features a small crucible with a glowing core surrounded by rising tentacles.

The Holocron of the Dark Knight

Need I say more about this one? This holocron offers a special crystal chamber in the form of a signal.

The Archivist Cube

Modeled after the holocron of Tionne Solusar: the supreme archivist of Luke Skywalker’s New Jedi Order. One of the few holocrons with this geometry that was not a Noetikon, Tionne's holocron contains the story of the rebirth of the jedi order and preserves vital details on jedi oral tradition and culture.

The Great Holocron

Centerpiece of the Jedi archives, the Great Holocron contains the knowledge of many masters who have added to it over time. Its crystal matrix is capable of holding an almost unlimited amount of information.

The Holocron of the Naga

Modeled after the holocron of Naga Sadow: the Sith Alchemist who took the Sith to the edge of galactic victory in the Hyperspace War. Naga Sadow was also skilled in the manipulation of lifeforms and the creation of monsters: knowledge he stored in his holocron and handed down to future sith like Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious. There was no visual reference for his holocron though it is mentioned several times, so my design features Naga Sadow's insignia on the top and a main design modeled after his most famous creation: the Sith Wyrm.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 05:17:44 AM »

.....so where/how can we order? Tongue

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 10:52:47 PM »

.....so where/how can we order? Tongue
When I do the next run, I will announce it here. I have a few more designs to premier first,  but it should be around the end of March.  I also have a couple contests to do attached to those new designs. I’ll post one of those here tomorrow.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 06:03:02 AM »

I want a Mortis Cube. And wouldn't mind a Metatron cube (that aspect of geometry is fascinating). But I need the Mortis Cube (FULCRUM!!!!!! One of my absolutely favorite additions to the SW Universe made since Disney).

I also think there is a certain member on here that would quite like to have a Dark Knight Holocron *cough*Batmike*cough*. Grin

Awesome designs DC. Can't wait to see the "few more" designs you have coming. Smiley

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 06:10:50 AM »

When I do the next run, I will announce it here. I have a few more designs to premier first,  but it should be around the end of March.  I also have a couple contests to do attached to those new designs. I’ll post one of those here tomorrow.

Noted! I want at least 2... possibly 4 XD I might be able to afford 4 by then. Kind of broke after recent saber purchases Sad

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:14:13 PM »

I want a Mortis Cube. And wouldn't mind a Metatron cube (that aspect of geometry is fascinating). But I need the Mortis Cube (FULCRUM!!!!!! One of my absolutely favorite additions to the SW Universe made since Disney).

I also think there is a certain member on here that would quite like to have a Dark Knight Holocron *cough*Batmike*cough*. Grin

Awesome designs DC. Can't wait to see the "few more" designs you have coming. Smiley
Thanks. Thought you might like a closer look at that one. One image does not do it justice.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 07:13:44 AM »

For anyone interested in these, I bought a couple a while back and they're fantastic. I made a review video a while back too:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDJTdPo6Emg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDJTdPo6Emg</a>

They're super high quality, Darth Cephalus does good work. Smiley

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 12:30:03 AM »

Thanks SciFi. I somehow missed that. Glad you like them. For the record, the sith in this video is the standard version. There is a deluxe as well that has greater detail and is a larger size. Here is one in clear and purple with a red LED

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 08:26:39 AM »

Dang, that's huge. I wanted small ones I could put on a shelf, and they fit nicely on my little bookcase I have my paperbacks in. Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 11:53:45 AM »

Those are beautiful, Darth Cephalus and thank you for sharing your review videos of the ones you purchased, SFD.  I want in on this too!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 11:12:49 PM »

Very cool! and thanks for the video.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 12:45:16 AM »

I have a Darth Andeddu holocron from the first or second run. They have good detail and you can’t beat the price  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 12:59:44 AM »

From a past run, but I had a video as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIOqggGwSk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIOqggGwSk</a>

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 01:21:27 AM »

Hi DC.  These are simply beautiful and seem to be well constructed.  Thinking I would be most interested in the deluxe one on your right hand side of the table ( my viewing left ).  Any chance of getting it with purple instead of the green ?  Please PM me with more details if you ship to Canada.  Will look at the video again when have more time.  

awesomeness point  Cool

I'm going to sticky this thread for easier access... as these Holocrons likely will be of ongoing interest to the forum.  Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 01:44:34 AM »

Any chance of getting it with purple instead of the green ?

You pick your panel and frame colors when you order. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: