Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 98985 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« on: May 29, 2019, 03:05:44 PM »

Hey all, been awhile since I did any saber art, and all the old threads are positively buried, so I'm gonna be trying to draw a few sabers out every week, and encourage you all creative types to join!

Todays is just a work doodle and not too practical, but I got thinking "what if you could half-sword a lightsaber?"

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 03:25:04 PM »

That's a pretty nice size saber, good artwork

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:00:03 PM »

Sweet!   Does the blade pass through the upper section with an exposed area for blocking?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 04:55:33 PM »

Sweet!   Does the blade pass through the upper section with an exposed area for blocking?

Yeah, that was the idea. Half-swording as a martial art is when you grip the blade of a sword for precision and aiming for weak points in armor. Obviously grabbing a saber blade could be problematic so i added a shroud.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 06:15:58 PM »

Yeah, that was the idea. Half-swording as a martial art is when you grip the blade of a sword for precision and aiming for weak points in armor. Obviously grabbing a saber blade could be problematic so i added a shroud.

I've thought a few times of doing a staff config with a 'blocking zone' in the middle, where you could use exposed blade or maybe a force field like a ghaffi stick to block.  My bo techniques use the center of the bow to block so often, its VERY hard to translate anything directly to saber staff...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 06:33:27 PM »

I've thought a few times of doing a staff config with a 'blocking zone' in the middle, where you could use exposed blade or maybe a force field like a ghaffi stick to block.  My bo techniques use the center of the bow to block so often, its VERY hard to translate anything directly to saber staff...

yeah, the cue stick comes to mind.  Ahhh! My fingers!

I can see somebody trying shift their hand forward, on PS's design, coming short, wrapping their fingers and Ahhh! My fingers!

Still a cool design, just tricky to wield...

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »

yeah, the cue stick comes to mind.  Ahhh! My fingers!

I can see somebody trying shift their hand forward, on PS's design, coming short, wrapping their fingers and Ahhh! My fingers!

form over function. As such with a doodle

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »

Hey all, been awhile since I did any saber art, and all the old threads are positively buried, so I'm gonna be trying to draw a few sabers out every week, and encourage you all creative types to join!

Todays is just a work doodle and not too practical, but I got thinking "what if you could half-sword a lightsaber?"

This is awesome PS!  This evinces me of an ancestral weapon of (or influenced by) some ancient Jedi/Sith.  I would love to see more illustrations of lightsabers!  Speaking of...

If you haven't already, I would HIGHLY recommend visiting For Tyeth's thread concerning lightsaber design; he's got some truly remarkable hilts already posted  Smiley

And I WISH that I were that creative!  I can't even draw stick figures... Tongue

yeah, the cue stick comes to mind.  Ahhh! My fingers!

This gave me a laugh  Smiley

...But, then again, think about the concept of lightsabers as a whole: really, REALLY, REALLY dangerous!  Which is why I'd always thought that wielding such a weapon (or at least with proficiency) would require something like the Force  Wink  Which reminds me...

form over function. As such with a doodle
Since the person(s) who would use this (awesome!) weapon would most likely be a Forceuser, I'm willing to allow my suspension of disbelief to be comfortable with the fact that they wouldn't wrap their fingers around the plasma blade  Wink

Again PS: I'd really like to see more of this (and other) design(s)!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 07:05:36 PM »

This is awesome PS!  This evinces me of an ancestral weapon (or influenced by) of some ancient Jedi/Sith.  I would love to see more illustrations of lightsabers!  Speaking of...

If you haven't already, I would HIGHLY recommend visiting For Tyeth's thread concerning lightsaber design; he's got some truly remarkable hilts already posted  Smiley

And I WISH that I were that creative!  I can't even draw stick figures... Tongue
This gave me a laugh  Smiley

...But, then again, think about the concept of lightsabers as a whole: really, REALLY, REALLY dangerous!  Which is why I'd always thought that wielding such a weapon (or at least with proficiency) would require something like the Force  Wink  Which reminds me...
Since the person(s) who would use this (awesome!) weapon would most likely be a Forceuser, I'm willing to allow my suspension of disbelief to be comfortable with the fact that they wouldn't wrap their fingers around the plasma blade  Wink

Again PS: I'd really like to see more of this (and other) design(s)!

Point!

Many Thanks! Ive seen Tyeth's thread and the man has talent no argument. Im hoping to post a drawing or doodle a few times a week here. Would love to see other peoples designs too! Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 09:01:14 PM »

Beautiful pike design! Cheesy

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 09:34:48 PM »

Many Thanks! Ive seen Tyeth's thread and the man has talent no argument. Im hoping to post a drawing or doodle a few times a week here. Would love to see other peoples designs too! Smiley

Hello PsycoSith,

Thanks for the kind words on my work. And I am eagerly looking forward to seeing a few more of your designs. Altenweg is fantastic and even if it didn't have the "half sword" extension it would be a beautiful creation (I like slanted emitters, though I haven't posted many myself yet).

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 01:02:28 PM »

Hello PsycoSith,

Thanks for the kind words on my work. And I am eagerly looking forward to seeing a few more of your designs. Altenweg is fantastic and even if it didn't have the "half sword" extension it would be a beautiful creation (I like slanted emitters, though I haven't posted many myself yet).

Thanks ^_^ was gonna get another one done today

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 03:25:46 PM »

Tried a different style today. Really pleased with it. Went for a shorter hilt and more "ramshackle" appearance for this one.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 03:30:48 PM »

Tried a different style today. Really pleased with it. Went for a shorter hilt and more "ramshackle" appearance for this one.

Nice PS!  I love the features you included and I definitely interpreted the "ramshackle" feel that you were going for; yet, it is still has an elegance about it. 

Once again, the attention to detail is fantastic!  I could see an itinerant Forceuser having constructed this while hiding out post-Order 66.

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 03:39:25 PM »

Nice PS!  I love the features you included and I definitely interpreted the "ramshackle" feel that you were going for; yet, it is still has an elegance about it. 

Once again, the attention to detail is fantastic!  I could see an itinerant Forceuser having constructed this while hiding out post-Order 66.

Point!

Appreciate it! Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: