Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is it safe to assume virus just added another month to everyones order time?  (Read 5893 times)
Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 07:24:39 PM »

To everyone that this crisis has impacted, know that we are with you. My wife is an RN at a hospital on the front lines of this crisis. As much as I'd like for her to stay home, she has an ethical responsibility to her patients and dutifully marches off to work every night. I worry about her constantly. I sympathize with all of you.

This, too, shall pass so let's keep our heads up! I'm serious about the Ultra Sabers Pub Crawl! I think the Texas Renaissance Festival would be an excellent venue for this. Then we can just camp that night and sleep it off! I'll discuss it with Emory.

Oh my sweet unholy Sith that would be awesome. So, would a Star Wars Ren Faire be the Old Republic era?

I feel your pain with my wife as well. She works in Quality of Care Assurance for the Psychiatric ward at our hospital, and as you can imagine the number of patients being seen has risen sharply. Everything from anxiety about the situation to paranoia about a government conspiracy to this being a plague from God and everything in between. It's tough seeing otherwise healthy and normal (or whatever passes for "normal" in our society) people not being able to cope with the strain and uncertainly.

I have to say it's still a step up for her, as she previously spent 12 years doing overnights in the emergency department.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 08:55:39 PM »

To everyone that this crisis has impacted, know that we are with you. My wife is an RN at a hospital on the front lines of this crisis. As much as I'd like for her to stay home, she has an ethical responsibility to her patients and dutifully marches off to work every night. I worry about her constantly. I sympathize with all of you.

This, too, shall pass so let's keep our heads up! I'm serious about the Ultra Sabers Pub Crawl! I think the Texas Renaissance Festival would be an excellent venue for this. Then we can just camp that night and sleep it off! I'll discuss it with Emory.

Agreed, everyone is affected by this one way or another whether you're someone who's in the field of work that is considered essential and have to work regardless of the city shutting down, you have a loved one working in the medical field, you have a loved one affected by this, etc. We're all in this together

Just let me know, I'll be sure to drive down and join y'all in the Ren Fest.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: