Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: Makeshift Unorthodox Costume (In Progress)  (Read 34477 times)
SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #390 on: March 22, 2021, 01:16:10 AM »

Testing the Converta-Saber out with actual decent length blades this time:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyDiOsbfTYI&amp;t=27s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyDiOsbfTYI&amp;t=27s</a>

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2021, 07:18:00 AM »

Man, that's some death defying near dismemberment if I'm thinking of those plasma blades swirling around on that chain. Experience and focus seem to keep them well under control, but my eyes were just following them and waiting (like I'm going to hear flesh sizzle and you cry out in agony at the slightest mistake! lol)... but it's interesting to see with the longer blades now. Kinda cool concept so far in my mind, can't wait to see it's final evolutions along the design path. Keep up the good work.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2021, 01:19:14 AM »

Man, that's some death defying near dismemberment if I'm thinking of those plasma blades swirling around on that chain. Experience and focus seem to keep them well under control, but my eyes were just following them and waiting (like I'm going to hear flesh sizzle and you cry out in agony at the slightest mistake! lol)... but it's interesting to see with the longer blades now. Kinda cool concept so far in my mind, can't wait to see it's final evolutions along the design path. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. I trimmed the blades down in that video relative to how I had them before, which helped a lot to avoid what would be a few dismemberments. I'm happy with the blade length now.

Back to traditional saberstaff use, here's a cool new move, or combination of two moves, I picked up. It's the two-handed underarm spin I've been practicing, leading into the inverse or opposite of that spin facing the other direction. So the first part is spinning downwards, and then turning and spinning upwards. This can be done standing still and rotating the body, or by stepping into the direction switch. Both spins can also each be continued stationary or moving forwards or backwards themselves, so they lend themselves well to advancing, retreating, changing direction, striking, and just general flow.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l97lB3FSLA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l97lB3FSLA</a>

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #393 on: March 29, 2021, 11:02:38 PM »

Converta-Saber, now in three sections. Also with one end being a Ripper Clone mini spearhead. Balance is fine with that blade on one end as a single solid staff so far. No idea about as a three-section-staff yet though.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #394 on: March 30, 2021, 12:55:25 AM »

That 3 section saber looks cool, pretty dang interesting. And I do like the spearhead as well, pretty unique.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2021, 01:42:00 AM »

Thanks. I trimmed the blades down in that video relative to how I had them before, which helped a lot to avoid what would be a few dismemberments. I'm happy with the blade length now.

Back to traditional saberstaff use, here's a cool new move, or combination of two moves, I picked up. It's the two-handed underarm spin I've been practicing, leading into the inverse or opposite of that spin facing the other direction. So the first part is spinning downwards, and then turning and spinning upwards. This can be done standing still and rotating the body, or by stepping into the direction switch. Both spins can also each be continued stationary or moving forwards or backwards themselves, so they lend themselves well to advancing, retreating, changing direction, striking, and just general flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l97lB3FSLA#

Skills +1

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #396 on: March 31, 2021, 02:21:22 AM »

LEVEL UP x+1

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED: JEDI TORNADO, SCRUFFY NERF HERDER & BIB FORTUNA'S MYNOCK  LASAGNA RECIPE

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2021, 09:44:15 PM »

LEVEL UP x+1

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED: JEDI TORNADO, SCRUFFY NERF HERDER & BIB FORTUNA'S MYNOCK  LASAGNA RECIPE

I'm both intrigued to see that move in action, and my mouth waters at the thought of such an exotic dish.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #398 on: April 01, 2021, 05:44:54 PM »

Converta-Saber, now in three sections. Also with one end being a Ripper Clone mini spearhead. Balance is fine with that blade on one end as a single solid staff so far. No idea about as a three-section-staff yet though.
And now I want a saber with pike extensions and that spear blade...

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #399 on: April 01, 2021, 07:44:26 PM »

And now I want a saber with pike extensions and that spear blade...

Ikr, half of me screams "just walk away, maybe even walk quickly" and the rest just ignites my own lightsaber thinking "come on, if you live you walk away with prizes. Yes tempting fun with rewards, what's a hand or leg..."
They do inspire a good mix of intimidation and envy. Weapons exuding fear and respect are my cup of tea for sure. If 95% of beings will see it and just go NOPE and run you've got the right theme going. But of course in SW people always think "oh, I got this". Heck, I don't even want to think about what it'd feel like gazing myself with that spear head in training. Looks like you'd feel it (bare minimum) if it was spinning with some speed and clips you. Walking into a table style of pain.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #400 on: April 13, 2021, 03:15:06 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjed5LuCU9M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjed5LuCU9M</a>

First time practicing with my saberstaff in-costume. I had forgotten that it had rained for three days, so the ground was pretty slick and muddy. Almost fell a few times, but managed to stay on my feet, so I decided to cut the session short before that changed. Palm frond also got in the way pretty frequently. Florida problems I suppose. Better weather and awareness of local flora should make for an improved future session.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #401 on: April 13, 2021, 02:00:34 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjed5LuCU9M#

First time practicing with my saberstaff in-costume. I had forgotten that it had rained for three days, so the ground was pretty slick and muddy. Almost fell a few times, but managed to stay on my feet, so I decided to cut the session short before that changed. Palm frond also got in the way pretty frequently. Florida problems I suppose. Better weather and awareness of local flora should make for an improved future session.

you showed that plant who is the boss in those parts!  nice share!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2021, 04:43:53 PM »

wowsers!
 Shocked

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #403 on: April 13, 2021, 06:36:24 PM »

Not bad, looks good. Though yes, it would have been tragic to muck up your outfit on the 1st run through. Looks like you're getting pretty comfortable with that there weapon... and we know what that means, if you get comfortable it's time to train harder! Kidding (sort of), good work.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2021, 03:30:00 AM »

Not bad, looks good. Though yes, it would have been tragic to muck up your outfit on the 1st run through. Looks like you're getting pretty comfortable with that there weapon... and we know what that means, if you get comfortable it's time to train harder! Kidding (sort of), good work.
That would have been rather unfortunate, although I suppose that's one way to add some "authentic weathering" to an outfit!

Tank you. There is always room to learn, improve, and dial up the training a notch or two!

Now that I have a Ripper Blade spearhead, I can really pull off the Jedi Mortal Kombat look off I'd say:

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: