Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489319 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3675 on: October 30, 2015, 06:47:47 PM »

Maybe an MHS compatible version of the Dominix? The Dominix V4 (I think it was the LE version) was my original pick for a hilt (went with the Dark Shock), but I was upset to discover it wasn't MHS compatible. A version of the Dominix in MHS compatible size would be wonderful.

Actually, it's not completely MHS incompatible - the pommel can be changed with any other MHS pommel. It's only the emitter that's not changeable Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krovennan
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3676 on: October 30, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »

Actually, it's not completely MHS incompatible - the pommel can be changed with any other MHS pommel. It's only the emitter that's not changeable Wink

I am aware, I was actually thinking about the emitter end in this case as I'm putting a War Glaive Emitter on my Dark Shock (when they're back in stock). Having both ends MHS compatible would be just the best

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #3677 on: October 30, 2015, 09:53:38 PM »

I'd love to see Ultrasabers include the blade plug at no additional charge. Other saber manufactures do this, why doesn't Ultrasabers follow suit?

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #3678 on: October 30, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »

I'd love to see Ultrasabers include the blade plug at no additional charge. Other saber manufactures do this, why doesn't Ultrasabers follow suit?

Do you really think that what the other saber makers "give" you is free?

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #3679 on: October 30, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »

Nothing is ever free, it's just hidden in the price of the product to begin with.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #3680 on: October 30, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »

Nothing is ever free, it's just hidden in the price of the product to begin with.

Exactly my point.

Now, it wouldn't cost much, per saber, for US to include a blade plug for "free", but for EVERY saber?  I wouldn't be able to venture a guess as to what their average profit margin is to start with, nor what impact such a "free" component would have on that profit margin.  As for myself, I really only need a small number of blade plugs, overall, and I suspect that most who have a fair few sabers feel similarly, so before long I'd have a heap of plugs that I'd need to figure out what to do with.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3681 on: October 31, 2015, 06:34:55 PM »

I am aware, I was actually thinking about the emitter end in this case as I'm putting a War Glaive Emitter on my Dark Shock (when they're back in stock). Having both ends MHS compatible would be just the best
Ah, yes, I get it. Sure, it would be great if all sabers would have changeable emitters, but I think this would result in higher prices for these sabers...then you would give up "low-price" sabers for beginners just to have full MHS-compatible sabers. I don't think that this would be a smart step for a company...but I'm no businessman, it's just how I would set up my product line-up Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #3682 on: October 31, 2015, 11:49:41 PM »

Ah, yes, I get it. Sure, it would be great if all sabers would have changeable emitters, but I think this would result in higher prices for these sabers...then you would give up "low-price" sabers for beginners just to have full MHS-compatible sabers. I don't think that this would be a smart step for a company...but I'm no businessman, it's just how I would set up my product line-up Smiley

Maybe the next step is MHS "premium" versions of some of those budget hilts.  They could still keep selling the "budget" versions, no reason to do away with them.

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #3683 on: November 01, 2015, 02:23:09 PM »

Exactly my point.

Now, it wouldn't cost much, per saber, for US to include a blade plug for "free", but for EVERY saber?  I wouldn't be able to venture a guess as to what their average profit margin is to start with, nor what impact such a "free" component would have on that profit margin.  As for myself, I really only need a small number of blade plugs, overall, and I suspect that most who have a fair few sabers feel similarly, so before long I'd have a heap of plugs that I'd need to figure out what to do with.

EXACTLY

I have six sabers and one blade plug. I bought one with my first order in case I needed it, especially if cosplaying saber on belt.

Happily paid to get one - if I had had to pay for six then that would be annoying.

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3684 on: November 02, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »

A saber with a vine/leaf etching in it.  The Reapers make me think that US now has a jig that can control both X/Y axis as the tube is rotated, so this seems like the realm of possibility to program a CNC machine to do.

Yes, I'm thinking of Satele Shan's staff, but I'm also thinking of a staff design that is a nod to Hermione's wand.  Smiley

---

In a similar vein, having options of much smaller or subtler on/off buttons.  The low-profile switches are keen, but even smaller would be nice.  While I think the illuminated switches are pretty, they are not personally my thing, so giving up illumination for smaller size would be a win for me.  Big angry Sith weapons, sure, give me claws and a red illuminated switch, but "an elegant weapon" should first look like a piece of art and only distantly second as a weapon.  (See also: elven swords.  Smiley  )

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3685 on: November 02, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »

Maybe the next step is MHS "premium" versions of some of those budget hilts.  They could still keep selling the "budget" versions, no reason to do away with them.

Some US buyers that are doing serious or heavy sparring and those involved with theatrical performances, are often wanting a saber that has minimal parts that can become loosened from impact and need to be re-secured.  Wanting solid stream-lined dependable combat worthy sabers.  Also great for younglings and those that are practicing to improve upon their skills.  So these budget or lower end sabers are both popular and serve their purposes well.  There are plenty of other types of sabers to choose from for MHS compatibility.  More options in this case may not be better.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:46:03 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3686 on: November 02, 2015, 05:44:22 PM »

Has anyone suggested shotos like Ahsoka or Yoda carry?

Only like a million times.

A saber with a vine/leaf etching in it.  The Reapers make me think that US now has a jig that can control both X/Y axis as the tube is rotated, so this seems like the realm of possibility to program a CNC machine to do.

I know where you've been online.  Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #3687 on: November 03, 2015, 05:16:48 AM »

An option to have black highlights on some of the Sabres, as opposed to the gold highlights would be incredible.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3688 on: November 03, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »

An option to have black highlights on some of the Sabres, as opposed to the gold highlights would be incredible.

The line starts behind me, buddy. But I like your tastes. LOL Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3689 on: November 03, 2015, 02:14:47 PM »

I'd love to see a full "Reverse LE" for both Black & Gold models. 

I just might need to finally make the Black & Silver Reverse LE happen as a near term project . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: