Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 251430 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 06:47:38 AM »

I know this is off-topic, but it's about building stuff Smiley Anyways, I'm going to be getting all of the original Gundam Wing model kits tomorrow Cheesy So excited. They're the small ones, but I'm really rusty since I haven't been putting together models for years now. Besides, I had them as a kid, lost them all, and now I want them back on my display shelf!

Okay, back on-topic Wink. Has anyone ever collected those lego sets from McDonald's, all those years ago? I miss those things.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

I had two of them, but I lost the instructions so they're just mixed in with my parts bins now. lol On a side note, I actually managed to hang on to all my SW instruction booklets. Even dug up the ones from when I was a kid! NO idea how those stuck around mixed in with random boxes of junk from that long ago, but they did. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »

I know this is off-topic, but it's about building stuff Smiley Anyways, I'm going to be getting all of the original Gundam Wing model kits tomorrow Cheesy So excited. They're the small ones, but I'm really rusty since I haven't been putting together models for years now. Besides, I had them as a kid, lost them all, and now I want them back on my display shelf!

Okay, back on-topic Wink. Has anyone ever collected those lego sets from McDonald's, all those years ago? I miss those things.

Really cool post pics when your finished with your gundam models, I don't have the finesse for those model kits. I tried some when I was a teenager and they came out like crap, I prefer the action figures since I can play with them and not have the fear of breaking them so easily. Iwant to eventual get all the action figures from gundam wing and have them on display. Cheesy

@Manroon I would love to have a clone gunship too. Man if I was rich I would just have a room dedicated to starwars legos.  Cheesy Grin

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2012, 06:39:45 PM »

@Big Boss I have a clone gunship. I can take a picture of it if you want me to. Also I have a room dedicated to Lego even though I'm not rich.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »

Pictures or it didn't happen. lol

I am not a color...

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »

Pictures or it didn't happen. lol
Yeah we wants pics!  Grin

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »

Here you go:
Clone Gunship

Shelves of various Legos (Pardon the mess)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »

0_0 Do you live at Toys R Us?

I am not a color...

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »

No, I've collected these over the years from birthday/Christmas gifts from relatives. My uncle got me into Legos at a young age.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »

@Manroon Aww that sucks Sad I lose all of the instructions for every lego set ever though. lol.

@Big Boss I'll definitely post pics when I'm done Cheesy Also, yeah, it isn't for everyone I guess. I dunno. I broke my first few models when I was younger, but I just stuck to it. Smiley

@Sandtracker Wow! That is insane. You get points for that lol.

Starswirl
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »

I have a fair number of Star Wars LEGO sets - and Legos in general; unfortunately, many of them are lying as single pieces in buckets right now. Ha, we take them apart on purpose to built custom-type sets (which don't even last as long as the store-bought ones). Let me see, about the Star Wars in particular...

I think I got almost every Star Wars set that was less than $100 in 2001 (or maybe 2003, I don't remember), including...
All those little MINI starships, the Falcon, X-Wing (with TIE Advanced), TIE Fighter (and Interceptor), MTT, Republic Gunship; Sith Infiltrator (that's Darth Maul's ship for any newbies); and the old Imperial Star Destroyer. I really liked the Y-Wing and the TIE Bomber that you got to finish if you bought all four of the other little sets (two sets of four make eight, so that should be all of 'em).
I got the Final Duel with Luke and the Imperial officer and Stormtrooper, but not the one with Vader and the Emperor. I did get both the little sets from Episode I, with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and the Security droids and the droideka.
Also, the Episode II Anakin speeder bike with Tusken Raiders. And Jabba's Palace (still can't find part of Jabba's tail, heh).
Obi-Wan's Episode II Jedi starfighter (not UCS, just the minifig one) - I really liked that one, and have rebuilt (and taken it apart again) it at least twice.
I must've gotten something with Super Battle Droids, because I have a bunch of those.
From 2005 or -6, I think, I have the ARC-170 starfighter.

None of these are actually built right now, and like as not many pieces have been lost over the years (and moving from one house to the other).

From these newfangled fancy sets, I have, let me see...
The V-Wing starfighter (Imperial, not Clone Wars).
The new Republic Gunship (might be missing some parts). I modified it by removing the speeder bay in the middle, replacing it with actual studded floors, and filling it with blaster racks - so instead of being able to carry four clones it can hold like twelve (plus the four in the cockpits). That alone makes it pretty awesome. Naturally, I bought four Clone Walker Battle Packs so I could fill it. And, I had plenty of droids from the previous sets I was talking about to combat them!
Darth Vader's TIE Advanced (I should modify it so those wings stop falling off all the time).
My brother has the MagnaGuard starfighter (also in pieces Tongue) and once got Anakin's Clone Wars Jedi starfighter (ditto on the pieces).
Um... I have a Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer, which is pretty cool but also slightly broken (I haven't had much time for Legos recently).
I also got the Hyena Droid Bomber (destroyed, but the Rocket battle droids are neat); and my brother has the Droid Tri-Fighter, completing our Separatist army.
Oh, and between my brother and I we have three each of the Hoth Rebel and Imperial battle packs.
And I have four Mandalorian battle packs (their heads are really ugly, but the armor is way cool); and I think my brother has about two of the clone battle pack that comes with this orange clone and a speeder bike and other clones as well.

So, yes, I have liked Legos (especially Star Wars) for a very long time; that's all the sets I can think of right now. As to the future: I would very much like to obtain one of the new (2012) X-Wing and/or TIE Fighters - they are much cooler than the old versions. And possibly the Tantive IV or the Collector's Imperial/Super Star Destroyer(s).

Finally: Sandtracker - your collection is most impressive, not least in the fact that you have kept those sets together all this time. I shall have to award you a Force point for your efforts!

If you see fit to award me Force points, I prefer Light Side points.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »

Ah.... I see part of 7256 in the first picture. That brings back some good memories Cool Did anyone else like the Exo-Force theme? I have quite a few of the sets from it.

no

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »

Thanks for the points! I also have a huge tub of bricks.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »

I want to get a few hundred of the LOTR sets and build Helms Deep.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »

I have an original X-Wing, the first Slave-1, and Obi Wan's episode 2 starfighter. I swear I have more but I can't remember.. I always wanted the 3 ft long star destroyer, but i never had that much money. My cousin has the more recent Millennium Falcon, but he builds a bunch of his own stuff, like Metal Gear and a few other mecha types. He is so good at it, it is ridiculous.

I want to get a few hundred of the LOTR sets and build Helms Deep.

Those look cool, I want a couple of them.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: