Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496466 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6375 on: August 29, 2018, 12:03:19 PM »

If my math is right, adding a Diamond board to a stunt saber is approximately $290.00.
If you ask me, that is a little overpriced. 
Adding an Emerald board with sound to a stunt saber is approximately $250.00. 
Again this seems overpriced to me.
Adding an Emerald board to a stunt saber is  approximately $170.00.
Still a little much, but if this one included light sound, it may actually be worth it.
As for the Diamond Board, well, it would be my choice of electronics if it weren't so darned expensive.  Plus I haven't seen any videos online that comment on any problems with the board.
As for partial RGB, I still think this will never happen.  US has been moving away from the RGB sabers as of late, and honestly I don't think they will ever go back, especially when they have Emerald and Diamond boards.

Thanks for the math there, BlindJedi. Upgrading a stunt to either an Emerald or a Diamond does appear pricey but my plans for my stunt sabers are to add sound and maybe change the LED which isn't too bad of a price jump.  I think if anyone wants an Emerald or a Diamond, they should just buy one since it'll be warrantied versus adding the driver later on into a stunt which woulnd't be warrantied except maybe the electronics but I don't know US' take on self installs.  Sure, there's the argument that some people can't afford it but it's one of those things where you just save for one if you really want it. Just my .02

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #6376 on: August 29, 2018, 02:13:43 PM »

If my math is right, adding a Diamond board to a stunt saber is approximately $290.00.
If you ask me, that is a little overpriced. 
Adding an Emerald board with sound to a stunt saber is approximately $250.00. 
Again this seems overpriced to me.
Adding an Emerald board to a stunt saber is  approximately $170.00.
Still a little much, but if this one included light sound, it may actually be worth it.
As for the Diamond Board, well, it would be my choice of electronics if it weren't so darned expensive.  Plus I haven't seen any videos online that comment on any problems with the board.
As for partial RGB, I still think this will never happen.  US has been moving away from the RGB sabers as of late, and honestly I don't think they will ever go back, especially when they have Emerald and Diamond boards.
I agree ! I was thinking about what would it cost to add sound after or upgrade a saber, not worth it.
Same as buy 2 hilt and 1 coupler is more expensive than buy a double blade.

Upgrade could be interesting only in case of fixing something and change electronic in !

That's also my opinion Wink

Build your own is also more expensive.

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6377 on: August 29, 2018, 03:25:11 PM »

Thanks for the math there, BlindJedi. Upgrading a stunt to either an Emerald or a Diamond does appear pricey but my plans for my stunt sabers are to add sound and maybe change the LED which isn't too bad of a price jump.  I think if anyone wants an Emerald or a Diamond, they should just buy one since it'll be warrantied versus adding the driver later on into a stunt which woulnd't be warrantied except maybe the electronics but I don't know US' take on self installs.  Sure, there's the argument that some people can't afford it but it's one of those things where you just save for one if you really want it. Just my .02
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.  The cost of the stunt saber plus the addition of an Emerald or Diamond board from US.
For example the Guardian starts at $174.00 for a stunt version, and the Diamond version is $464.00, a difference of exactly $290.00.
I would never buy a Stunt version and then have it upgraded later, mostly because it would cost more than buying the Diamond version out right.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6378 on: August 29, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.  The cost of the stunt saber plus the addition of an Emerald or Diamond board from US.
For example the Guardian starts at $174.00 for a stunt version, and the Diamond version is $464.00, a difference of exactly $290.00.
I would never buy a Stunt version and then have it upgraded later, mostly because it would cost more than buying the Diamond version out right.

I understood what you're saying and I'm agreeing with you, I wasn't insinuating about buying a stunt and upgrading it later, my example with my stunts are just my views towards my builds and collections is all.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6379 on: August 29, 2018, 06:11:53 PM »

I understood what you're saying and I'm agreeing with you, I wasn't insinuating about buying a stunt and upgrading it later, my example with my stunts are just my views towards my builds and collections is all.
I misunderstood you there, my bad.
I still think the Diamond and Emerald options need to come down at least $25.00 to $50.00.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6380 on: August 29, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »

I misunderstood you there, my bad.
I still think the Diamond and Emerald options need to come down at least $25.00 to $50.00.

Hey no worries, you ask for clarification though so it's all good. I agree with the options coming down, it is pretty pricey of an upgrade from a stunt to the one of those.  Probably geared towards designing, producing, and distributing those boards. 

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6381 on: August 31, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »

I would very much like an Obi-Wan EpIII/IV lightsaber from US. Maybe with the activation box/clamp that's similar to the one they use with the Graflex and  Chosen One.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6382 on: August 31, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »

Yeah would be nice if there was a cheaper rgb option still, but like have it set to one switch set up, say you set your saber to purple, then kinda double click the switch and it'd be saved on that color and so on kind of thing. This would be nice actually without the 3 extra bulky switches x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6383 on: August 31, 2018, 10:18:10 PM »

hmm... Gundam plasma swords. I mean they are basically lightsabers anyways and some of the designs were kinda spiff, a lot of them were very plain too but.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6384 on: September 01, 2018, 02:06:09 AM »

I would very much like an Obi-Wan EpIII/IV lightsaber from US. Maybe with the activation box/clamp that's similar to the one they use with the Graflex and  Chosen One.

Minus the activation box, this already exists in the form of the Archon 3.1

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6385 on: September 02, 2018, 04:45:17 AM »

Minus the activation box, this already exists in the form of the Archon 3.1
Not really, no gear section and the grenade is different on the two.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6386 on: September 02, 2018, 06:26:39 AM »

Darth_Ravn mentioned this in one of his videos and I think it's a great idea:

Standard Issue Battle Saber LE

Basically, the regular silver Standard Issue, but with gold anodizing in the grooves, and the optional (or not optional) vertical grooves that the Dark Standard Issue has. That would be awesome, and I would definitely buy one.

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #6387 on: September 02, 2018, 06:37:53 AM »

Darth_Ravn mentioned this in one of his videos and I think it's a great idea:

Standard Issue Battle Saber LE

Basically, the regular silver Standard Issue, but with gold anodizing in the grooves, and the optional (or not optional) vertical grooves that the Dark Standard Issue has. That would be awesome, and I would definitely buy one.
XD sooooooo agree with you !

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6388 on: September 02, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »

Adding to SFD and Darth_Ravn, I think the Brood Guard in an LE would also be a great addition to the US arsenal. 

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6389 on: September 02, 2018, 06:01:44 PM »

Just popping in here to do my regular request, more power on, power off, lock ups and etc to the Diamond Controller.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: