Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496343 times)
ST
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2250 on: January 14, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »

Please add a blade shimmering option and blade dimming or "ramping effect" for power ons and offs.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2251 on: January 14, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

Please add a blade shimmering option and blade dimming or "ramping effect" for power ons and offs.

Welcome to the forum.

These ideas have been offered up many times.  There are issues to be sure.  Here are some links to catch you up!

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=13848.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11685.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3672.0

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=12599.0

Hope that helps!

Again, welcome  Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2252 on: January 14, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »

Welcome to forum! Be sure to post an acknowledgement in the rules thread.

no

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2253 on: January 14, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »

The blade shimmering (also known as the Pulse) can be achieved with the recently released Emerald Driver board Wink But ramping up/down won't be possible - it's explained well in the topics above.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2254 on: January 14, 2014, 11:30:45 PM »

A saber (or an option to drill/tap existing sabers) with bolt-on hand guards. Brass knuckles trench knife style, a blade thingy, decorative basket guards... Plenty US could do with that.

Maybe a blade that tapers toward the tip like a fencing foil? I'm not too into that but I'm sure plenty would be.

Colored blades? Could be used with AS sabers instead of a color disk or with them (or other color LEDs) to make color combos.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2255 on: January 15, 2014, 02:49:30 AM »

Look, good against Nerf darts is one thing. Good against the living? That's something else.

I would like to see Ultrasabers bring out a scabbard that you could use to carry your saber over your back. Maybe something like this...

This looks like Blade's sword...

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Taieer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #2256 on: January 15, 2014, 03:50:43 AM »

This looks like Blade's sword...

Definately think you're right on that one. But still a wicked cool idea!

Shock - RGB
Dominix V2 - SY
Custom Guardian - SRD
Standard Issue Staff - SY

LS points please

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2257 on: January 15, 2014, 04:02:18 AM »

A saber (or an option to drill/tap existing sabers) with bolt-on hand guards. Brass knuckles trench knife style, a blade thingy, decorative basket guards... Plenty US could do with that.

Maybe a blade that tapers toward the tip like a fencing foil? I'm not too into that but I'm sure plenty would be.

Colored blades? Could be used with AS sabers instead of a color disk or with them (or other color LEDs) to make color combos.

Interesting thoughts!

Though I suspect the brass knuckles one will not be coming down the pipe anytime soon...as it is a crime to own them in many places including...

Canada
Russia
Australia
United Kingdom
Norway
Portugal
Spain
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Belgium
Bosnia
Netherlands
France and a few other places you can own them but can not carry them in public
Many states in the US have regulation, though murky depending on type of material, if marked "for entertainment", etc.

You could enter no scifi, fantasy, comic, etc. conventions that I know of at all with brass knuckles.

Though it might look cool, there is just too much liability involved I would think.

Colored blades are an interesting thought though.  It may deaden the color, hue, and light value.  But it might not.  Could be cool  Smiley

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2258 on: January 15, 2014, 04:32:09 AM »

I agree the brass knuckles would be a legal problem!  I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I haven't found it, & the "bolt on" idea reminded me of it...has anyone ever asked for a side handle at 90 degrees to make the saber into a tonfa?  I think it would work with the 16" blade.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #2259 on: January 15, 2014, 04:35:32 AM »

I would love to see sabers in a grey or charcoal anodized ... Like they have the azure and crimson colored sabers maybe a dark grey charcoal "smoke" anodized sabers ... I really enjoy that color tone, looks industrial and the middle between dark and light ...

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2260 on: January 15, 2014, 04:42:37 AM »

Interesting thoughts!

Though I suspect the brass knuckles one will not be coming down the pipe anytime soon...as it is a crime to own them in many places including...

Canada
Russia
Australia
United Kingdom
Norway
Portugal
Spain
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Belgium
Bosnia
Netherlands
France and a few other places you can own them but can not carry them in public
Many states in the US have regulation, though murky depending on type of material, if marked "for entertainment", etc.

You could enter no scifi, fantasy, comic, etc. conventions that I know of at all with brass knuckles.

Though it might look cool, there is just too much liability involved I would think.

Colored blades are an interesting thought though.  It may deaden the color, hue, and light value.  But it might not.  Could be cool  Smiley

Check out this cool paper weight. Tongue

http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Champagne-Knuckle-Heavy-Duty-Belt--12302

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2261 on: January 15, 2014, 05:06:08 AM »

I agree the brass knuckles would be a legal problem!  I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I haven't found it, & the "bolt on" idea reminded me of it...has anyone ever asked for a side handle at 90 degrees to make the saber into a tonfa?  I think it would work with the 16" blade.

They used to make a tonfa.

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2262 on: January 15, 2014, 05:07:14 AM »

US did make a tonfa version for while, this could be an easy yes I would think.

I would love to see sabers in a grey or charcoal anodized ... Like they have the azure and crimson colored sabers maybe a dark grey charcoal "smoke" anodized sabers ... I really enjoy that color tone, looks industrial and the middle between dark and light ...

Dark grey or gun metal would be sexy as heck...gun metal bluing would be sweet also.

Good ones guys.

Cheesy

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2263 on: January 15, 2014, 05:58:34 AM »

Agreed: a grey to be halfway between the shining silver and stark black options. I'm not a big fan of the black anodising as it is too dark for my tastes but if a smoky or gun-metal grey came out, that would perfectly suit me!

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

"The Force is strong with this one!"

« Reply #2264 on: January 15, 2014, 06:53:34 AM »

Ahhhh!!!! I'm having a total brain overload!! I just had the most brilliant Idea! I'm currently looking into the possibility of making… wait for it… I BLACK light saber blade. Thats right, black core with whit edges! I know, I know. Everyone has thought this would be cool at one point. But think it might actually be possible. It hit me out of the blue, completely "outside the box" Idea. I can't even articulate my thoughts right now! I'm frantically working out the details in my head. I'll get back to you on the reality of my crazy ideas. 

Also, I'd love to hear your input (whoever you might be)

give me points based or YOUR alignment, pleases.

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: