Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497654 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5730 on: February 03, 2018, 02:11:58 AM »

I think Edon might have been referring to a quad set-up; three colours plus a flash. 

That's how I read it anyway.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5731 on: February 03, 2018, 06:23:39 AM »

I think Edon might have been referring to a quad set-up; three colours plus a flash. 

That's how I read it anyway.
Not how I read it. But either way two LEDs for main color with FOC would be better then they have now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5732 on: February 03, 2018, 03:52:55 PM »

How about the grand prize on the next big raffle being a tour of the US plant and getting to pick your own parts and help build your own saber!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5733 on: February 03, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »

Not how I read it. But either way two LEDs for main color with FOC would be better then they have now.

I did my Dark Sentinel up that way.  Two blue dies in series.  Pretty stinkin' bright.  Shocked

White flash - of course.  Cool

That would be neat.  Airfare + accommodations might be a trick...

Pretty sure it wouldn't be just crash on Emory's couch. Tongue

Something to ponder though eh?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5734 on: February 03, 2018, 05:10:18 PM »

Reverse LE options, grooves black instead Tongue Even for regular sabers as well with no LE options. I keep begging for a Rattlesnake revival though or a similar new design at least Tongue I really liked that saber, wish I would've been able to get one back in the day

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

NikkoVee
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #5735 on: February 03, 2018, 05:37:54 PM »

Reverse LE options, grooves black instead Tongue Even for regular sabers as well with no LE options. I keep begging for a Rattlesnake revival though or a similar new design at least Tongue I really liked that saber, wish I would've been able to get one back in the day

Totally agree with this. I think that what would help the look of the sabers go a long way is a some contrast. Make some of the crevices and lowered sections black and keep the raised areas silver, or maybe even add some silver highlights around the edges of the all-black hilts.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5736 on: February 04, 2018, 12:49:18 AM »

How about the grand prize on the next big raffle being a tour of the US plant and getting to pick your own parts and help build your own saber!
I like this idea

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5737 on: February 05, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »

I like this idea
Seconded.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

RevanKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -22

Dark Side points please

« Reply #5738 on: February 06, 2018, 01:19:07 AM »

Not sure if this has been posted (I'm sure it has), but what about adding an 8/32nd LED retention screw, and chassis with internal recharge port......... just a thought. Keep up the good work Emory and crew. Eagerly waiting for my x2 mystery box sabers. Happy Sabering. And May The Force Be With You All Always.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE"
Dark Side points please
Dark Initiate v3 Blazing Red
Standard Battle Issue v3 Blazing Red
Prophecy v3 in Guardian Blue

EvilOttoJr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #5739 on: February 06, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »

My big wishlist post:

I'm going to break this down into categories, but I feel very strongly about most of it. I kindly ask that you read all of it, as I wholeheartedly believe all of it to be worth considering.

For the forum:
- A dedicated child board dedicated to the Diamond controller. Most of us Diamond owners end up posting in the Obsidian boards which leads to a bit of confusion as to exactly where to post, a bit of clutter, stuff not getting seen by the right people, etc. A child board would fix all of that.

For Ultrasabers itself:
- An annual/semi-annual "Design A Saber" contest on the forum! It'd be up to smarter people than me to make up the rules, but some sort of thing where once or twice a year, the Saberforum community gets together and submits some designs for potential new sabers; these are then voted on by the community, and the winning design becomes a new saber produced by Ultrasabers. Maybe the prize is one of the new sabers?

- More sabers that are mostly silver with black accents like the Bellicose or Emperor's Hand. A lot of the designs like Dark Shock, Dark Apprentice, etc. would look really cool - and much more Star Wars-y - were the black and sliver reversed. I'm a machinist by trade so I don't imagine this option would take much effort to introduce; just do the same process for the LE gold finish stuff but with black anodizing instead.

For Ultrasabers internal electronics:
- The plastic chassis for the speakers needs to be held on by more than a single small bolt driven into the plastic of the battery holder. Some sort of adhesive (either two-part epoxy or impact-tough super glue) should hold the chassis to the container in addition to the bolt. My speaker chassis came apart in my Diamond hilt during normal usage, with the bolt pulling all the threads with it. and while I was able to fix it (with some difficulty), it would not have been necessary had the saber been built to the advertised "most duelable" standard.

- The LED modules need to be secured in place somehow. Be it a set screw, an O-ring, or a simple Teflon tape wrap, the LED module in all three of my Ultrasabers are loose and rattle inside the hilt, sometimes even with a blade in. Aside from potential durability concerns, these hilts would feel much more like a professional product if they didn't have rattling bits of metal moving around inside.

For the Ultrasabers Launcher:
- The new express wizard for Diamond is awesome! The one thing I'd change: the "blade color" option in the center of the Diamond doesn't seem to do anything, and it's rather tedious to click every field and change it to the same color, especially if you're not doing one of the 16 defaults in the color picker. The "blade color" button should be kind of a master button that changes all the effects to that color (except for clash, lockup, and Force). You could then still manually tweak all these if desired. A "copy/paste" option would be handy as well.

- More points in the effects editor! 20 points is okay for a lot of stuff, but for certain things like advanced flicker effects or rainbows (two things the Diamond can do that no other guys' boards can), the 20 can be *really* limiting. I understand that there may be hardware limitations, but if there's any way we can push it, we should. Also worth noting: if you go past 20 points in a channel, the line glitches out and links back up with the first point, and the only way to fix the glitch is to turn the channel off and back on then start over. This error should be fixed, and a point counter up top to let you know how many points are used would be very handy.

- The max zoom of the Zoom tool in the Effects editor is WAY too close. 2nd to max zoom is .01 second resolution, but max zoom is .005 resolution O_o It's way too close to be usable, but I do want a bit more zoom than the 2nd level can offer me. Perhaps it's a typo and it was supposed to be .05 instead of .005 resolution?

- The "Add point with values for all channels" thing is nice, but what would make it even nicer is if it brought up the same color picker from the Express Wizard as opposed to having to type in numbers and guess.

- The Emerald's "impact threshold" option would be very useful on the Diamond. Even with impact sensitivity set to bare minimum, it is not uncommon for two or even three impacts in a row to sound from a single hit.

- We need a better way of selecting channels in the effects editor than just clicking the lines. That works sometimes, but if you have spots where two or more lines overlap completely, it's difficult to select your desired channel because you can't click the line. a little "selected" button next to the on/off toggle for each channel would do nicely.

- I'm going to say it again: the sound normalization feature needs to be *optional*.  The "mix-and-match" sound concept does not work with pre-mixed sounds like Diamond uses, and though you can fix soundfont volume issues with the slider somewhat, it A. is extraordinarily tedious, and B. often results in a soundfont that is much quieter than others at max volume. If we could just use the native volumes of each sound file (all of which would be properly leveled if they were made right anyway), that would solve all of it.

For the Diamond Controller:
- If we can go 16 soundfonts up from 10, why not just bump it up to an even 20? We've got 256 MB on the board, and even with 16 soundfonts on my Diamond (some of them huge), I still have 100 MB left. My main limiting factor is the number of fonts, not the storage space. Most soundfonts are under 6 MB anyway so maybe even more than 20 could be done.

- This might just be an issue pertaining to my personal saber, so I am factoring that in. But, I don't think the Diamond is as resistant to dueling impacts as the epoxy casing leads me to believe. Even a moderate impact will cause the board to glitch out or reset. I don't know if it's a problem with just my board, or the battery casing, the Emperor's Hand hilt,  or all Diamond sabers, but I think it is worth testing on your end to maybe solve a potential problem. One likely cause is that moderate impacts momentarily jostle the batteries and cause them to lose contact for a split second. Whatever it is, I feel that it's a very annoying problem to deal with on an otherwise astounding saber.

-Minor gripe; if you use a font that lacks a certain effect (e.g. no Force or Stab), and then switch to one that does, the newly selected font will not play the new effects until the saber is restarted.

Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy post. Hopefully at least some of these will be implemented. I've owned Ultrasabers for a long time (my first ones were back from the PVC days), and I love seeing this company grow and improve. Here's hoping I can contribute to that. If anyone else would like to chime in on any of these points, please do.

Current collection:
Emperor's Hand (Diamond, White AV Switch)
Dark Initiate V4 (Arctic Blue) (Mystery Box @RTX)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Silver) (Mystery Box Online)
And some OLD Ultrasabers!
Elder (Orange) (Copper Tube)
Tempest (Red) (PVC curved double-blade, complete hilt rebuild)
Archon V1 (Green) (PVC, hilt needs rebuilt)
Nemesis (Blue) (hilt rebuilt as sink tube)

Wishlist: Prophecy (Diamond), Quick Detach Coupler

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5740 on: February 06, 2018, 07:24:32 PM »

EOJ... Thank you for taking the time to make your clearly presented wishlist and related suggestions.  They have been duly noted.  Smiley

Ongoing thanks to everyone for contributing more ideas and supporting some previous ones... suggestions that the members hope for US to someday be able to consider implementing.  Smiley

Meso Vorticity
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #5741 on: February 06, 2018, 09:11:30 PM »

I really like the Design A Saber idea.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5742 on: February 06, 2018, 11:52:20 PM »

Well, ask and you shall receive EvilOttoJr,

Please notice the NEW Diamond Database child board. Smiley

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5743 on: February 07, 2018, 03:44:50 AM »

I'm liking that 'design a saber' idea myself

J-Wan K
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #5744 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:23 PM »

Design a saber would be rad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk