Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497417 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6180 on: July 05, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »

the sai would be an interesting concept, just a matter of machining the hilt part. best blade option I think would be the 16" with 2 9" off the crossguards.
smaller version would be 9" with 2 6"

I agree, I think it would be a great concept

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6181 on: July 05, 2018, 06:00:13 PM »

There are a few options I would love to see on the product pages for most if not all sabers.
1. An option to swop the emitter with another design.
2. An option to swop the pommel for another design.
3. An option to get certain sabers without an activation box.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6182 on: July 05, 2018, 06:42:23 PM »

There are a few options I would love to see on the product pages for most if not all sabers.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the pommel choices are there.  At least, for the options they have stock to supply.  Emitters is more complicated as many sabers do not have MHS compatible emitters.  For example, the Aeon and the Guardian both have fixed emitters.

As for the activation box...  The few that have them, I imagine you could ask for them to not be included in comments, but there may be a reason for the box.  I know on some hilts the box is needed to accommodate the switch...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6183 on: July 05, 2018, 07:22:54 PM »

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the pommel choices are there.  At least, for the options they have stock to supply.  Emitters is more complicated as many sabers do not have MHS compatible emitters.  For example, the Aeon and the Guardian both have fixed emitters.

As for the activation box...  The few that have them, I imagine you could ask for them to not be included in comments, but there may be a reason for the box.  I know on some hilts the box is needed to accommodate the switch...

I too would like more removable emitters since it gives the builder more variety of personalizing their sabers but I'm pretty sure that it'll be more costly with more moving parts versus the fixed emitter sabers like the Aeon.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #6184 on: July 06, 2018, 08:21:56 PM »

I’ll throw in my two cents- if anything, what i’d like to see from US is a chassis for the internals.  Both for premium sabers and for stunts.  On your premiums, you’d save your boards and your battery packs.
On the stunts, you’d save the battery packs and get rid of the “rattle”.  I’d have to go out on a limb and guess that broken battery packs/sound combos makes up most of the volume of repairs on sabers. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6185 on: July 06, 2018, 09:18:48 PM »

I’ll throw in my two cents- if anything, what i’d like to see from US is a chassis for the internals.  Both for premium sabers and for stunts.  On your premiums, you’d save your boards and your battery packs.
On the stunts, you’d save the battery packs and get rid of the “rattle”.  I’d have to go out on a limb and guess that broken battery packs/sound combos makes up most of the volume of repairs on sabers. 

This is only logical. I see absolutely no excuse not to do this.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6186 on: July 07, 2018, 03:56:36 AM »

This is only logical. I see absolutely no excuse not to do this.

I agree as well. Speaking of batteries, I wonder why US doesn’t offer 18650 batteries instead of the 14500 or the AAA batteries.  The 18650 would last two to three time longer.  I think a battery option like that would be good

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6187 on: July 07, 2018, 06:01:24 AM »

I wish the wishlist function would return to the website.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6188 on: July 07, 2018, 04:30:12 PM »

I'll second this. It was how I also tracked the components I bought most often

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6189 on: July 07, 2018, 07:41:22 PM »

The only problem I see with this is that some of the sabers either wouldn't be able to fit them inside, or else they wouldn't be able to fit with say the Emerald Driver and a sound board. I know for me personally, my Dark Initiate v4 with Emerald and v3 sound barely fits into the saber. It is a pretty tight fit, and I don't see how a chassis would be of any help with that. I may be wrong though, I don't know too much about how the chassis work.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6190 on: July 08, 2018, 01:27:47 AM »

Chassis for lightsabers usually only allow 1 board to be mounted, because the battery holder typically accesses the battery on one side while the sound or led driver board are on the other side. I have a chassis I purchased to mod one of my lightsabers and it doesn't fit in the Aeon v4 I wanted to use it in, not because the chassis is too wide or too long, but because of how the hilt was made. Looks like US made a couple choke points to stop the LED holder moving too far into the hilt, plus there's a slight ridge on the pommel edge that the speaker is getting stuck on. Works fine for the set up it was made for, but 2nd source components would need some modifications to work, or the hilt modified to work with the chassis.

That being said, looking at my Emerald & Obsidian v4 internals on my Lost Gray, if the boards were stacked lengthwise instead of sandwiching the battery holder, they could fit in a custom chassis and allow it to be put in, but take up more length in the hilt. Using a smaller speaker would allow it to be put into a slimmer hilt, but it would lose some of the crispness that we get with the current setup.

I'd be interested to see the what and whys Ultra Sabers uses the setup they do, but it usually boils down to cost vs profit. It works. I like it. Enough said.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6191 on: July 09, 2018, 08:34:03 AM »

You're talking about an MHS saber builder. You pick the components and they assemble it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6192 on: July 09, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »

Chassis.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6193 on: July 10, 2018, 06:45:43 PM »

Chassis.

I say a better battery and chassis to hold the battery in to minimize movement.

Ooooooo, a wishlist function would definitely be nice.  Or maybe something like the Amazon list where you can create and edit different lists at a time

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #6194 on: July 10, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »

I agree as well. Speaking of batteries, I wonder why US doesn’t offer 18650 batteries instead of the 14500 or the AAA batteries.  The 18650 would last two to three time longer.  I think a battery option like that would be good

TL;DR US uses very large and in some cases, outdated tech/install practices. I'd love to see them move towards chassis and better battery solutions too because I love a lot of their hilts.

Because they use giant boards, and outdated tech all around. I love their hilts and features, but look at some of the otherguys' boards, they're about the size of SD card in some cases, full RGB, 3.7v compatible. US could maybe do a twin 18500/650 stick but they'd have nowhere to put their boards. A 1.25 inside diameter is big nowadays, and US uses it without room to spare in many cases. Before they can do shorter/slimmer hilts they need to make smaller soundboards. I love making sound/RGB version's of their v2 hilts, it's a great size for both installs and feel in the hand, but you can't use their brand sound cards and MHS sized speaker holders. I wish at least on premium sabers w/ recharge ports they'd use a protected 14500 pack, using an RCP with removable cells, I've heard, can be unsafe.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: