Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Misread Prophecy V3  (Read 22845 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« on: January 02, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »

Greetings saber-ites!

Seeing as my Catalyst mod thread is very secretive, I am going to let everyone follow along with this customization/destruction "build".

Some of you may have seen my review video of this hilt and know that I didn't like it for a few reasons. Anyone who watched my video can probably skip ahead, for anyone curious, my PERSONAL issues were as follows:

I was most disappointed with the covertech wheel being right in the middle of the hilt and killing any chance of comfortable grip. I requested a different position because I knew it was in the middle of my grip point from looking at placement on photos, but I was not aware you could not request a different covertech position. It's "one size fits all" so to speak. Had I known that, I would not have ordered this hilt in the first place. But I rushed in and bought it. And even paid extra to get Sunrider's Destiny because I thought it would look bad-ass in this saber. So... "a fool an his money" as they say. For me, to remove the covertech and install it somewhere else leaving a hole in the hilt, or having to put some sort of scew or plug or whatever in the hole and still have it stand out and look silly, was just not an option. For the price of the saber, plus international shipping, having to "fix" it was a hell of a let down.

I also didn't like the single little window where the blade color came out one side. It seemed cool in photos and reviews, but in person I found it to be very tacky and not well thought out or executed.

Apart from that, I loved the SRD color, loved the overall design and feel of the hilt, but just didn't want a shiny and wonderful saber with a random screw hole in the middle of it looking like someone made a mistake. So my plan was to kill it. If it was going to have a hole in it, sweet Jesus, it was going to earn that hole and it was going to be there for a damn good reason. This thing is going to look like it went through TWO Clone Wars. It's going to look like it got handed down to Jedi after Jedi, all who had their asses handed to them. A cursed saber, so to speak. A Prophecy that "misread, could have been".

So come with me on a journey as I "misread" my prophecy all over the place. And be careful not to get any in your eyes!

Dr. Emel and I sizing things up on the work bench.

The story behind this saber is that the crystal overloaded and blew out the side of the hilt, killing it's owner and caused the internals to get so hot that they melted the circuitry and well as started to melt the outside of the hilt. The saber then got dragged around, lost, bought, sold, stolen, and handed off through many people who didn't know how to fix it.

A young apprentice who's master had been killed before he could teach him everything (including how to construct a lightsaber) bought it from a scrap dealer and hunted the black markets until he found someone selling Kyber crystals. Knowing that his crystal would call to him when he found it, he visited multiple Kyber dealers until he found one that while probably not THE right one, still registered with him to a certain degree.

He learned what he could from older smugglers and traders who'd witnessed the fall of the Jedi Knights. Bought ancient texts said to have been of Sith origin, and cobbled together as much knowledge as he could to build, or at least piece together, his lightsaber.

The plan is that the hole where the covertech wheel WAS in the grips, is going to have a wire going from it, up to the hole where the LED goes, under the gaping maw in the side of the saber neck. This saber will still be mostly silver apart from the dirt, grime and carbon scoring it will have, so I thinking a red wire. It will be a bypass wire of sorts, powering the new magnetic containment field unit. As the saber inside is clogged with old slag and debris from when it failed, not all the new components fit properly. Especially as some aren't for a lightsaber, but tailored and tweaked to "do the job".

After about a half hour of cutting, sanding, grinding, milling, snapping things with pliers and wire wheeling I am done with the first pass. And also out of daylight. I will get back to it either tomorrow or the next day and start to add more melted sections with the wire wheel, and fill out the cracks near the emitter a bit more.

Because the old crystal blew up the side wall, you will be able to see the new crystal inside the hilt.

And while I will loose some of my SRD color by doing this, that's ok. I have decided to keep SRD in my back pocket until I find a truly worthy hilt for that amazing color.

That's all I have for now. I hope some of you enjoy this thread as I make my way through this project. I will update as I go  Cool

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:50:55 PM »

Oh my!  You certainly did destroy that hilt Isola. Grin

I'd imagine it's going to look sensational, when you're done though.

Have a force point from me, even though a small part of my eternal soul has been forever extinguished. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 03:02:29 PM »

Oh my!  You certainly did destroy that hilt Isola. Grin

I'd imagine it's going to look sensational, when you're done though.

Have a force point from me, even though a small part of my eternal soul has been forever extinguished. Tongue

LMAO! Thanks Lord Rapine  Grin

I did warn in my video that I was going to destroy this SoB if I kept it Wink I wonder how many people that viewed and didn't reply had to go and find a hug somewhere?  Shocked

Just think. I haven't even busted out the hammer or dragged it behind the car yet Wink Stay strong!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:06:39 PM »

I remember your review and how disappointed you were with that Covertec location.  I like how, instead of going off on Ultra Sabers or anything like that, you're just making the hilt into a 100% original piece that is sure to be a masterpiece once it's done.  The idea and the story behind this are both great, and your work on it so far is phenomenal.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it once it's done.  In the meantime, have a point from me as well for the fantastic work thus far.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »

I remember your review and how disappointed you were with that Covertec location.  I like how, instead of going off on Ultra Sabers or anything like that, you're just making the hilt into a 100% original piece that is sure to be a masterpiece once it's done.  The idea and the story behind this are both great, and your work on it so far is phenomenal.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it once it's done.  In the meantime, have a point from me as well for the fantastic work thus far.

Thanks scifidude79! I hope you enjoy it when I'm done Smiley point back at you for your enthusiasm about my destructive nature  Tongue

No point screaming at Ultra Sabers about it  Cool We had a civil discussion, and we came to an agreement for my next order. They left me happy about the way my concerns were handled, and Marlena personally said she was very thankful for my patience and sorry for the mix up. I never once got a copy/paste email or reply so I always felt like I was still being valued as a customer even if I was coming off as very nitpicky about my two hilts. Karma finds you eventually, always better to go about things calm and collected!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »

Hey, Isola, I like the approach you're taking, the outcome so far and that you're inviting us to join you for this ride! Love the storyline and can't wait to see what comes next. While it may appear that you're destroying that saber, to me it looks like "you've got to break it down some to be able to build it back up", like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. Point incoming.  Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »

Hey, Isola, I like the approach you're taking, the outcome so far and that you're inviting us to join you for this ride! Love the storyline and can't wait to see what comes next. While it may appear that you're destroying that saber, to me it looks like "you've got to break it down some to be able to build it back up", like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. Point incoming.  Cool

Thank you,  Sir Smiley

I'll be sure and keep you all posted on the progress  Cool

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 05:29:30 PM »

Nice work!  That's an outstanding first effort for that type of battle damage . . .

Point coming your way.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 05:53:44 PM »

Nice work!  That's an outstanding first effort for that type of battle damage . . .

Point coming your way.

Thanks! I wish I'd had a bit more time available to me so I could have finished off the fracture lines, but I didn't want to attempt it in low light and make a complete hash of it.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »

That looks very damaged, but it still looks awesome. Nice job. I love hearing (and creating) backstories, so that was really cool.

like a Phoenix rising from the ashes.

Also, if your into naming your hilts, Phoenix might be an the perfect name for this saber. Just a thought.

Anyway, great job, and you may have a point from me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 10:15:30 PM »

LMAO! Thanks Lord Rapine  Grin

I did warn in my video that I was going to destroy this SoB if I kept it Wink I wonder how many people that viewed and didn't reply had to go and find a hug somewhere?  Shocked

Just think. I haven't even busted out the hammer or dragged it behind the car yet Wink Stay strong!

Now there is a man dedicated to his craft! rather than drag it, how about just drop it on the interstate or something for a few hours... lol

That is some awesome looking damage you've accomplished there!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 10:27:14 PM »

Do they have interstates in Aus?

Hey ya Isola.  You ought to do something to it that could be done in Australia. Smiley

Like let some salties mangle it for a while...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 10:38:27 PM »

They have states, so therefore by definition, have interstates (Interstate Highways to give them their full name)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 10:58:48 PM »

Well, ok...

We don't refer to our roads as "inter-province" though, so I just wondered if they called them something different.  Smiley

Technical much Corwyn?  Tongue

SHEESH!

Grin

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 11:00:34 PM »

That looks very damaged, but it still looks awesome. Nice job. I love hearing (and creating) backstories, so that was really cool.

Also, if your into naming your hilts, Phoenix might be an the perfect name for this saber. Just a thought.

Anyway, great job, and you may have a point from me.

It already has a name, The Misread Prophecy Smiley

It's still an US Prophecy V3 that I am just making a different version of, so I feel it unfair to change the name of someone else's design and product. Just like my Catalyst will retain it's model title in it's new name. I will add to their name after putting my tweak on them, but would only come up with a "new" name if I was building something from scratch Smiley

Now there is a man dedicated to his craft! rather than drag it, how about just drop it on the interstate or something for a few hours... lol

That is some awesome looking damage you've accomplished there!

If it gets squished I may have to try and find a 2D light to fight in there  Grin

Hey ya Isola.  You ought to do something to it that could be done in Australia. Smiley

Like let some salties mangle it for a while...lol

There is a crocodile and reptile park not far from my house. But it's the freshwater crocodiles that are the really scary ones! I'd never be brave enough to get it back if I threw it into one of those pits  Shocked

They have states, so therefore by definition, have interstates (Interstate Highways to give them their full name)

We have Motorways, Highways and State Routes. People get really butt-hurt if you call them Interstates or Freeways for some reason... even though everyone knows what you mean.  Roll Eyes

Thanks everyone for the feedback Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: