Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: "Went A Lil Crazy" Unboxing and Review  (Read 8344 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« on: July 12, 2017, 05:39:06 PM »

My order finally arrived yesterday! I decided to take advantage of the Summer Blaze Sale and here is the unboxing of my order.

The first Saber was another Dark Initiate. This time I went with the Dark Initiate LE v4 with Obsidian and Emerald in Blazing red w/ Orange FoC, Li-Ion setup with a recharge port, windowed emitter, Bellicose Short Grooves Pommel and a Silver Non-Illuminated AV switch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5H3_NQWQE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5H3_NQWQE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

The second saber is a Consular with Obsidian and Emerald in Blazing Red w/ Orange FoC, Li-Ion setup with a recharge port, Silver Non-Illuminated AV switch and Standard Shroud finish.

The third saber was a Dark Apprentice LE v4 Stunt in Blazing Red.

I got a grab bag with this purchase that I am quite happy with. A Sentinel v4 Stunt in Guardian Blue, Standard Battery setup, Recharge Port, Windowless Emitter, Regular Pommel and Silver Non-Illuminated AV switch.

Here is my entire collection

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I91xWqKT-5I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I91xWqKT-5I</a>

After playing around with them a bit here is my opinion...

My personal favorite so far is the Dark Initiate. Due to physical limitations (smaller hands and old injury) I prefer the smaller hilts, the Initiate hilt has good weight and balance and just feels right in my hand. The Apprentice doesn’t have as good a balance in my hand. It is very top heavy to me, tho that might be righted if I switch out the pommel for a more weighted one. Also the machined grips are not as comfortable and the choke points are more awkward.

Between the Apprentice and the Sentinel, I prefer the Sentinel. Because of the longer neck the balance is better and the choke points are more comfortable.

I love the look of the Consular tho at first I find the shroud to be a little distracting while holding it. The more I handle it the less the edges bother me. I dislike that the covertec wheel is automatically included, that gets in the way for me. Between my Manticore and Consular it’s a tight decision… Both are beautiful sabers but very large for me, I would have to use two hands with both. The Manticore feels a touch lighter but also a touch more top heavy than the Consular. I prefer the top choke point below the emitter on the Consular over the Manticore but vise versa for my grip lower on the hilt. The main reason is the covertec wheel is right where my hand wants to be and that throws the balance off for me.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:02:45 PM »

This was excellent to read, thx!  A feast for the eyes and some valuable input from what you've observed with each hilt design.  It's even hard for me to choose a favourite of what you have, such a quality selection you've amassed.
You videos show as unavailable, perhaps the privacy settings need to be changed to public viewing?  Looking fwd to seeing them  Cheesy

Points!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 06:21:40 PM »

Thank you hazard, I will fix the videos as soon as I get back home.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 06:29:15 PM »

Nice sabers !.  Am looking forward to viewing the videos.  About that grab bag... did you pay extra for the the av switch and esp. the recharge port ?  Might be worth your while down the road to upgrade this Sentinel saber to a v4 soundboard or at the very least Li-Ion batteries with buckpuck so the rp can be used.  Smiley

Personally as one who has a majority of dark or combo silver/black sabers... I'm pleased that you got the highly desirable Sentinel in silver with a Jedi blade ( although Siths used blue as well ).  Bet you will use it a lot.  Cheesy

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »

D7,  it was a free grab bag for the Summer Blaze sale. Yeah I would like to upgrade it to Li-Ion in the future. When I first got it I was surprised it had the recharge port then disappointed it only had the regular battery setup. A project for the future (when I have money again lol)

Darkside Points Please

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 08:05:53 PM »

Ok, I believe I have the video issue worked out
 Roll Eyes

Darkside Points Please

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 03:05:44 AM »

Ah, they look lovely in your video.  Another appreciation point coming your way.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:41 AM »

Looks like an excellent group of sabers there.
Nice little set

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 04:58:47 AM »

Looks like a nice collection you have there. Cool that the grab bag came with a recharge port although a little odd since the reg battery set up.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »

Congrats, my friend, on this incredible order. I am glad that you are enjoying your sabers.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 05:53:09 PM »

Thanks all!

Darkside Points Please

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »

Good review and nice collection!  Grin
 I have all but the Manticore as well. Those are some great looking sabers! Dark side point to you for sharing.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 10:27:37 PM »

Nice collection!

DarthMirage
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 01:18:11 AM »

Thinking of going a lil crazy myself! Was wondering; In your collection picture, the first dark initiate looks like it has the silver bands reversed, compared to the one to it's right. Is that an option or was that a grab bag saber and that was it's cosmetic flaw?

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
►ONLY DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE◄
Arsenal:
-Dark Mantis, Reaper emitter, Large Renegade LE Pommel
-Initiate V4 LE, Catalyst Pommel (no emitter windows)
-Chose One CE
-Dark Initiate V4 LE, Dark Catalyst Pommel (with emitter windows)
-Dark Sentinel, with Yari Pike Extension and Reaper Pommel
-Reaper, with Clawed-Dark Mantis Emitter and Dark Sentinel Pommel
-Doubled-bladed Catalyst
-Aeon V4
-Initiate LE V2
-Crimson Scorpion

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:26 AM »

Good eye, Mirage Smiley

Lady Agana, you have an awesome collection - and that Sentinel grab bag is a real score. Definitely worth considering the upgrade for that, I feel!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: