Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Upcoming 4-Saber Swap  (Read 726 times)
Wubby211
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 30, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »

Hello All,

Finally decided to pull the trigger on a tricree-arctic blue Graflex SE with no sound. So currently I'm sitting at:

1. Shock LE (Single Orange) OBSIDIAN V3/ Standard Battery
2. Manticore (Single Red) OBSIDIAN LITE/ Standard Battery
3. Electrum Wind (Single Purple) NO SOUND/ Standard Battery
4. Graflex SE (TriCree Arctic Blue) NO SOUND/ Standard Battery

What I want to do is put the Obsidian V3 soundboard & battery unit in to the Graflex SE, and put the Obsidian Lite soundboard & battery unit in to the Electrum Wind. And then of course put the standard battery packs back in to the Manticore/ Shock.

I've swapped a bunch of LED's on my other sabers so I am pretty comfortable soldering. I however have never removed any switches from hilts, etc. I'm assuming because they all have standard battery setups it SHOULD be easier, correct me if I am wrong. Can I just cut the wires going to the entire sound modules and just swap through the bottom of the hilts? Without having to take switches out? Just need some guidance of the best way to complete this swap. The Graflex will also have my first Tri-Cree LED, so I don't know if the wiring is going to be different or anything. Thank you in advance.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »

Need to make sure that, when you do the swaps, the switches from the sound sabers go into the ones you are planning on having sound.
This is because sound sabers us momentary switches, while stunts use latching ones

Other than that, what I'm reading here should work out just fine

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:54:38 AM »

Need to make sure that, when you do the swaps, the switches from the sound sabers go into the ones you are planning on having sound.
This is because sound sabers us momentary switches, while stunts use latching ones

Other than that, what I'm reading here should work out just fine

Second this; just keep the momentary switches with the sound boards and latching switches with the stunt setups. Heat gun pointed at the button for 30 seconds softens the glue enough to pop the switch out using a long flathead screwdriver or something similar, then just let it cool and knock out the glob using the same flathead.

With the rest just make sure to give yourself enough slack on the wires to solder what you need, don't clip them too close to the hilt

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: