Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 142484 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2019, 06:02:58 PM »

Oh. Yeah, I wasn't offended by the theory. I simply countered it. There is a great example of the Force being affected by massive loss of life. In the book Revan, it is revealed that Emperor Vitiate's phenomenally OP strength in the Force came from a ritual he performed in his youth that allowed him to absorb the life force of every living organism, not just creatures, on his home world. The world was left completely dead; not even microbes survived. Sith Imperial records were purged of this information, and investigation of it was punishable by death. The result of this ritual actually left a void in the Force. It is described that while on this world, a Force wielder.....well, had nothing to wield. There was no life generating the Force in the sphere of the planet's influence.

Sorry, i hadnt meant to be defensive was just a long day. Theres also a good chunk of examples in KOTOR 2 with Kreia/Traya actively attempting to wound the force by exacerbating events such as malachor through the Exile. Theres more here to dive into, Im just throwing ideas around trying to find what sticks honestly.

As for canon, in TCW  weve seen more than enough proof to know were working on the Living Force theory (especially with Yoda's last arc, and the Father, Son, and Daughter). Ive just always felt the the theory of the chosen one has more to it - and it does strike me as odd as weve just now received more canonical info on it right before ep9. Perhaps theres reincarnation shenanigans going on but thats a shot in the dark if ive ever taken one.

I've just wanted for a long time the true nature of the dark side to be fleshed out. Sure we have our standard "evil" sith such as Vitiate, Sheev, etc, but I always found the more even tempered sith to be fascinating, the ones that dont necessarily draw on malicious passions to fight, but more wholesome ones. I reall want to see a full-on SITH LORD that fights for his love of life. That would be really interesting to watch I think. Ive seen a lot of discourse as to whether or not emotions like love would be a reliable or powerful enough emotion for them to draw on but its something that would be interesting to see.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »

Sorry, i hadnt meant to be defensive was just a long day. Theres also a good chunk of examples in KOTOR 2 with Kreia/Traya actively attempting to wound the force by exacerbating events such as malachor through the Exile. Theres more here to dive into, Im just throwing ideas around trying to find what sticks honestly.

As for canon, in TCW  weve seen more than enough proof to know were working on the Living Force theory (especially with Yoda's last arc, and the Father, Son, and Daughter). Ive just always felt the the theory of the chosen one has more to it - and it does strike me as odd as weve just now received more canonical info on it right before ep9. Perhaps theres reincarnation shenanigans going on but thats a shot in the dark if ive ever taken one.
I initially wanted to hate the Mortis arc, but couldn't. One inconsistency from the OC that I'm actually glad is gone (it had better be gone) is that the Mortis arc actually took place in the physical realm. Although it would be in line with Filioni habitually jumping sharks, there is one unspoken aspect that points that it was nothing more than a vision: Son never reappears. One would think that the "living" embodiment of the Dark Side would spread death and disaster without hesitation across the galaxy making a common foe for Republic, CIS, Jedi & Sith alike.

I've just wanted for a long time the true nature of the dark side to be fleshed out. Sure we have our standard "evil" sith such as Vitiate, Sheev, etc, but I always found the more even tempered sith to be fascinating, the ones that dont necessarily draw on malicious passions to fight, but more wholesome ones. I reall want to see a full-on SITH LORD that fights for his love of life. That would be really interesting to watch I think. Ive seen a lot of discourse as to whether or not emotions like love would be a reliable or powerful enough emotion for them to draw on but its something that would be interesting to see.
Working on it, but it'll never be canon because it doesn't follow the current bs narrative.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2019, 06:52:16 PM »

I initially wanted to hate the Mortis arc, but couldn't. One inconsistency from the OC that I'm actually glad is gone (it had better be gone) is that the Mortis arc actually took place in the physical realm. Although it would be in line with Filioni habitually jumping sharks, there is one unspoken aspect that points that it was nothing more than a vision: Son never reappears. One would think that the "living" embodiment of the Dark Side would spread death and disaster without hesitation across the galaxy making a common foe for Republic, CIS, Jedi & Sith alike.

I felt very similarly with Mortis. Though I could never quite rectify them being pure manifestations of the forces' will since that would make them...well...Whills. Ive wondered if maybe they *believed* themselves to be manifestations of the force but in reality simply force-beings? Like they are made up of the force but dont quite *represent* it. Probably not but fun to think about.

Working on it, but it'll never be canon because it doesn't follow the current bs narrative.

I like the direction things are going in, but i do admit that i want to see more on this side of things. Maybe one of the new trilogies will go into it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2019, 07:27:55 PM »

I felt very similarly with Mortis. Though I could never quite rectify them being pure manifestations of the forces' will since that would make them...well...Whills. Ive wondered if maybe they *believed* themselves to be manifestations of the force but in reality simply force-beings? Like they are made up of the force but dont quite *represent* it. Probably not but fun to think about.
I viewed it as a representation. Basically, it was to warn Anakin that his indecision between love and duty would unleash the Dark Side onto the galaxy.

I like the direction things are going in, but i do admit that i want to see more on this side of things. Maybe one of the new trilogies will go into it.
<grumbles> I highly doubt the current crop of writers is that creative.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2019, 08:07:16 PM »

From the limited info given about them, it seems as if they are Physical embodiments of the Force...but became that and were not born to it.  Ascended beings basically....kind of like Q. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2019, 08:49:25 PM »

From the limited info given about them, it seems as if they are Physical embodiments of the Force...but became that and were not born to it.  Ascended beings basically....kind of like Q.  

Hmm...well that would almost back that up even more. They dont represent the forces consciousness so much as embody its' power. Or i could be crazy, valid point; its in my name after all

Also Also, I do like the idea of it being a vision to warn Anakin but didnt his memory get wiped of the whole Vader vision stuff? (legit question, been ages since i last saw that arc)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2019, 09:20:38 PM »

Hmm...well that would almost back that up even more. They dont represent the forces consciousness so much as embody its' power. Or i could be crazy, valid point; its in my name after all

Also Also, I do like the idea of it being a vision to warn Anakin but didnt his memory get wiped of the whole Vader vision stuff? (legit question, been ages since i last saw that arc)

Yes, All three of their memories were erased

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2019, 01:49:28 AM »

From the limited info given about them, it seems as if they are Physical embodiments of the Force...but became that and were not born to it.  Ascended beings basically....kind of like Q. 

Yes, this is closest to my understanding as well. They never claimed to be the literal "embodiment" of the Force, but rather they claimed to be Force Wielders. Basically beings that are so powerful in the Force that they have transcended (through the Force) that which most people could ever possibly do. Anakin being the exception. Also, part of their power came from completely allying themselves with one single aspect of the Force, which allowed them to become more powerful (again) than any other being.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2019, 09:57:04 AM »

Yes, this is closest to my understanding as well. They never claimed to be the literal "embodiment" of the Force, but rather they claimed to be Force Wielders. Basically beings that are so powerful in the Force that they have transcended (through the Force) that which most people could ever possibly do. Anakin being the exception. Also, part of their power came from completely allying themselves with one single aspect of the Force, which allowed them to become more powerful (again) than any other being.

Exactly.  Which at the time lead me to believe maybe The Chosen One is an ongoing prophecy.  Like how The One in the Matrix was cyclical.  The Anchorites were needed for the Balance and every time one of them was about to perish a new Chosen One would be born and drawn to Mortis.  When Anakin rejected the role of The Father and all three died...The Balance was thrown into disarray.  I was hoping Ep. 7,8,9 were going to be about the Balance being rebuilt...with Luke as the Father, Rey as the Daughter and Kylo as the Son.   Of course....I was wayyyy off.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2019, 01:27:48 PM »

Yes, All three of their memories were erased
Then what was the point? Crap, now I need to see it again. I thought they were still aware that something had taken place, and they still had the residual memories similar to those of dream. Feelings experienced in the dream continue to be felt despite not really remembering what happened. I've had those types of dreams. I remembered being euphorically happy, but that turned to sorrow when I realized it was a dream, but I couldn't remember what happened in the dream. (Not a great morning.) I viewed it like the residual was what Anakin was supposed to take away; to be careful when balancing his feelings and his choices. But like in Endgame, (NONSPOILER) if you know the future, how can you really make a choice?

But Father was not completely aligned yet controlled both masterfully. That was why he wanted Anakin to take his place. This is why I feel that the arc works best as an interpretive vision.

Exactly.  Which at the time lead me to believe maybe The Chosen One is an ongoing prophecy.  Like how The One in the Matrix was cyclical.  The Anchorites were needed for the Balance and every time one of them was about to perish a new Chosen One would be born and drawn to Mortis.  When Anakin rejected the role of The Father and all three died...The Balance was thrown into disarray.  I was hoping Ep. 7,8,9 were going to be about the Balance being rebuilt...with Luke as the Father, Rey as the Daughter and Kylo as the Son.   Of course....I was wayyyy off.
As the Architect described, the One was a statistical likelihood of an anomaly, not the fulfillment of prophecy. The One was someone that would spell certain doom for the established order if not kept in check. There is a biblical parallel to this, but I'm not sure if the rules would allow me to elaborate on it. But in a similar fashion, the machines offered the One the same choice: fulfill your duty to the greater good, or serve yourself and doom everyone.

HA! This I do remember. Son killed Daughter in the attempt to kill Father. He later killed Father, but ultimately escaped Mortis. This is why I felt it was interpretive. Anakin's inability to sacrifice what he loved ultimately allowed the Dark Side to be unleashed on the galaxy. His fear to lose Padme pushed him to align with his enemies, and destroy his true allies, ushering in an era of darkness. I know, not edgy enough for rating, but makes a whole lot more sense. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »

Then what was the point? Crap, now I need to see it again. I thought they were still aware that something had taken place, and they still had the residual memories similar to those of dream. Feelings experienced in the dream continue to be felt despite not really remembering what happened. I've had those types of dreams. I remembered being euphorically happy, but that turned to sorrow when I realized it was a dream, but I couldn't remember what happened in the dream. (Not a great morning.) I viewed it like the residual was what Anakin was supposed to take away; to be careful when balancing his feelings and his choices. But like in Endgame, (NONSPOILER) if you know the future, how can you really make a choice?
But Father was not completely aligned yet controlled both masterfully. That was why he wanted Anakin to take his place. This is why I feel that the arc works best as an interpretive vision.
As the Architect described, the One was a statistical likelihood of an anomaly, not the fulfillment of prophecy. The One was someone that would spell certain doom for the established order if not kept in check. There is a biblical parallel to this, but I'm not sure if the rules would allow me to elaborate on it. But in a similar fashion, the machines offered the One the same choice: fulfill your duty to the greater good, or serve yourself and doom everyone.

HA! This I do remember. Son killed Daughter in the attempt to kill Father. He later killed Father, but ultimately escaped Mortis. This is why I felt it was interpretive. Anakin's inability to sacrifice what he loved ultimately allowed the Dark Side to be unleashed on the galaxy. His fear to lose Padme pushed him to align with his enemies, and destroy his true allies, ushering in an era of darkness. I know, not edgy enough for rating, but makes a whole lot more sense. Wink

The son escaped?  I don't remember him escaping

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2019, 02:41:20 PM »

The son escaped?  I don't remember him escaping
Oh yeah. That's why I said earlier that a malevolent entity such as that would not stay hidden and would eventually be a common enemy to ALL.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

Oh yeah. That's why I said earlier that a malevolent entity such as that would not stay hidden and would eventually be a common enemy to ALL.

I was under the impression Anakin killed the son.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApmSQhohzig" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApmSQhohzig</a>

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »

I was under the impression Anakin killed the son.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApmSQhohzig

Can't view the clip, and it's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember Son transforming and flying away from Mortis.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »

Can't view the clip, and it's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember Son transforming and flying away from Mortis.

In the scene the Father hugs the Son and Anakin stabs the Son through the back killing the Father as well.   

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: