Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 324   Go Down
Author Topic: Your Saber Pictures  (Read 904952 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2745 on: January 30, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »

Thanks. Yeah, it seems like a pretty glaring design flaw tbh. And even with them flipped they still hang down over the choke a little, but it works a lot better than normal. Perhaps they measured the claws to fit the slightly longer v4 emitter section in the early plans for the v5s, then decided to shorten it on the final model and just never scaled down the claws.

They also may not be expecting you to grab the saber up that far, but if that's the case the choke could have been eliminated. Oh well. I have an Aeon in the mail that was delayed due to the frigid temperatures, so I'll see how they are when that comes in.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2746 on: January 31, 2019, 04:11:30 AM »

Hi Therion, Congrats on your new acquisitions, looking forward to seeing the Initiates as a staff. I just have one question...are you gonna name them Resolute and Redeemer to match your destroyer?

-chuckles

Actually, the Destroyer is the Intimidator

The twin Initiates will become a staff names 'Paladya's Storm'

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2747 on: January 31, 2019, 04:12:52 AM »

Just got this today. Dominix V5 in DVA with Renegade pommel. Flipped the claws so it's usable. I was a little apprehensive about the plain black Dominix V4 and V5 at first, but the detail is more noticeable in person than in pictures.

Excellent hilt there, Galvatrix

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #2748 on: January 31, 2019, 04:42:36 AM »

Excellent hilt there, Galvatrix
Thanks. I'm digging it so far

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2749 on: January 31, 2019, 06:31:46 AM »

Looks a lot better with the claws the way you have them now Galvatrix, and that pommel goes so well with it! +1 point

Having suffered loose claws on my butcher, can you get the claws tight on when you flip them?  How do you do it?  Is there a retention screw on the inside, what size allen wrench is need if so?  For some reason I was under the impression you could not flip the claws and that has kept me from actually purchasing the initiate V5 le that I have had my eyes on for awhile now.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2750 on: January 31, 2019, 07:06:10 AM »

Looks a lot better with the claws the way you have them now Galvatrix, and that pommel goes so well with it! +1 point

Having suffered loose claws on my butcher, can you get the claws tight on when you flip them?  How do you do it?  Is there a retention screw on the inside, what size allen wrench is need if so?  For some reason I was under the impression you could not flip the claws and that has kept me from actually purchasing the initiate V5 le that I have had my eyes on for awhile now.

Thanks man. The claws are simply held in by some pins, you can gently but firmly pry them off and flip them and they fit back on pretty nicely. One of mine pops off occasionally when I hit stuff though, but it looks like you should be able to widen the pins back out a little from the inside if they arent snug anymore, so I'm gonna have to try that.

And if you dont put them back on, the holes make some interesting window accents lol.

Owned: 
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2751 on: January 31, 2019, 02:06:49 PM »

Very cool, thanks for the info Galvatrix!  -1 incoming.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2752 on: January 31, 2019, 09:45:40 AM »

Just got this today. Dominix V5 in DVA with Renegade pommel. Flipped the claws so it's usable. I was a little apprehensive about the plain black Dominix V4 and V5 at first, but the detail is more noticeable in person than in pictures.

Hi.  Really like the look of this saber.  In my opinion the reversed claws look aesthetically much better and imagine would be more comfortable and serviceable/functional to hold.  The Renegade pommel goes well with so many saber styles.  Am wondering if one could pay an additional fee to have the claws flipped at time of purchase.  Thinking that claws could be placed on when the saber is being custom built at US since pins are involved to secure.  Has anyone asked Marlena or US if this can be done ?

Anyone... please share what the gap distance is between the tips of the reversed claws and the blade.  Do they tend to catch on things and would this saber version be considered safe enough for dueling.  Thanks  Smiley

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2753 on: January 31, 2019, 04:58:52 PM »

Hi.  Really like the look of this saber.  In my opinion the reversed claws look aesthetically much better and imagine would be more comfortable and serviceable to hold.  The Renegade pommel goes well with so many saber styles.  Am wondering if one could pay an additional fee to have the claws flipped at time of purchase.  Thinking that claws could be placed on when the saber is being custom built at US since pins are involved to secure.  Has anyone asked Marlena or US if this can be done ?
I'm not sure. I didnt think about it after seeing how easy it was to invert them, but in retrospect I wish that I had asked. I imagine it's something that could be negotiated though.

Owned: 
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2754 on: January 31, 2019, 03:18:31 PM »

My two heavy dueler sabers =] Can't wait to get my Crimson Savior back though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2755 on: January 31, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »

Beautiful sabers, Zren. I’m digging the LE V3 Dom. The edges on the SI isn’t too rough or sharp when you’re dueling?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2756 on: January 31, 2019, 11:52:55 PM »

Nope, completely smooth like with all Ultra Sabers =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2757 on: January 31, 2019, 11:56:50 PM »

Loving the informative post about the claws, Galvatrix98.

The pic looks great, Zren. V3s FTW! Smiley

I took advantage of the flash sale and got an Aeon V5:

I just got it today. As you can see, it's empty. First impressions are strong, but I do have to do something about those claws. I love the aesthetic of them, but the trailing edges are SHARP. You could easily cut yourself on them. I'll do more thoughts, in fact a proper review, later. It's going to be a week before I can even afford to buy electronics, so It's going to sit empty for a week.

And, of course, with the V4:

As you can see, it literally is the exact length in the hilt, just the pommel is longer. (I LOVE the V5 pommel) I have the Manticore Low Profile pommel on my V4, which is about the same length as the V4 pommel. Anyway, just a couple quick pics. I'll do more later, after I build it.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2758 on: February 01, 2019, 12:14:44 AM »

Do like a Pyrestone Orange sort of color with that and black switch, would look nice I think =] That's my plans for an Aeon V5 as well, black claws and av switch though Tongue

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2759 on: February 01, 2019, 05:45:47 AM »

Another -1 Galvatrix for following up with very clear informative pictures and description of how to do the claw reversal.  Much appreciated  Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 324   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: