Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Spring Raffle ends 04/11/2017  (Read 129775 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2017, 11:42:46 PM »

Side note, though, I personally don't think you'd find yourself disappointed with the Emperor's Hand. It's pretty flawless IMO, but it's also my favorite now. I think US they really nailed it.

So this pulled ahead of the Guardian then?

I'm so interested in the EH, was almost my Raffle entry❤️

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2017, 11:52:57 PM »

So this pulled ahead of the Guardian then?

I'm so interested in the EH, was almost my Raffle entry❤️
Yep, it sure did, but they're neck in neck, I'll tell you that. The Guardian is such a nice hilt, so tactile and perfectly weighted for me, especially with the Nickel finish, but that design on the EH is killer, the emitter especially.  Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #212 on: April 04, 2017, 02:33:49 AM »

I absolutely LOVE my Apprentice and Standard Issue. They are both stunt setup and I'm sure I would be happy with a Sentinel too. But this is kind of the problem in a nutshell. Every cheap hilt I've gotten I have loved instantly. From the Prophecy and up (price wise) I have had issues. EXCEPT for the Monarch, which was one I scoffed at first, and then bought while still not totally convinced, but convinced enough from seeing it with the Mantis pommel on it to give it a go. It was a happy accident, like the Apprentice. The Liberator was bought for a photo prop and I loved it, and the Mantis bought for someone else and I loved it.

The three that had me most excited - Dark Catalyst, Prophecy and Arbiter... well you've seen what happened to them.

There are some good reasons for this. All of the lower end ultrasabers are designed for function. They may tend toward the plain, but they are all great in the hand.

The other reason is the psychology of expectations. If your friends recommend you a movie, telling you it's the bestest evar!!1!! You're far more likely to walk away disappointed, than if you are told it is TERRIBULL, and you go and see it anyway. Even though it's the same movie.

There is also value for the dollar. If you spend more, you expect more.

When I first started looking at ultrasabers, my perception was that I'd have to buy one of the more expensive hilts to get a great saber. That has not been the case. After gaining some experience, I now tend to prefer the lower end hilts much more than the fancy, expensive ones.

And I'll be the bad guy here and tell you I think you are crazy to throw a bunch of money on a random expensive saber you don't expect to like, in the off chance you'll end up liking it anyway. But hey, it's your money. Wink

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2017, 02:44:54 AM »

There are some good reasons for this. All of the lower end ultrasabers are designed for function. They may tend toward the plain, but they are all great in the hand.

The other reason is the psychology of expectations. If your friends recommend you a movie, telling you it's the bestest evar!!1!! You're far more likely to walk away disappointed, than if you are told it is TERRIBULL, and you go and see it anyway. Even though it's the same movie.

There is also value for the dollar. If you spend more, you expect more.

When I first started looking at ultrasabers, my perception was that I'd have to buy one of the more expensive hilts to get a great saber. That has not been the case. After gaining some experience, I now tend to prefer the lower end hilts much more than the fancy, expensive ones.

And I'll be the bad guy here and tell you I think you are crazy to throw a bunch of money on a random expensive saber you don't expect to like, in the off chance you'll end up liking it anyway. But hey, it's your money. Wink

By all means be the bad guy. I posted it to start conversation both for, and against my insanity Smiley

Just trying to see if I can get back on the horse without getting kicked in the head  Cheesy

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2017, 02:50:22 AM »

By all means be the bad guy. I posted it to start conversation both for, and against my insanity Smiley

Just trying to see if I can get back on the horse without getting kicked in the head  Cheesy

Lol

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2017, 05:06:02 AM »

Can't argue with that logic  Wink I hope you find the saber you're looking for, buddy.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2017, 07:15:24 AM »

about 7 days away from drawing time. curious who gets lucky this one.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2017, 07:20:34 AM »

I am more curious if I got entered.  I had to sent an e-mail to ask for entry due to using the Flash sale on the Archon v2.  Not heard back yet.

Even if not entered, I still get a nice new saber with a Diamond Controller.  But if I get entered, I get a chance for more things.

What I do with those things?   I have no idea really.  I might keep them, but it is more likely I'll present them as presents.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »

I'll play devil's advocate here and note that, for the price of a 'sabre with Diamond etc. installed, you could get two of the middling hilts in stunt setup as testbeds for modifications... Even set them up with the li-ion power option out of the box. I think you have an Emerald board kicking around spare from your Arbiter, although I may be mistaken on that.

A Shock + a Raven, say, with li-ion batteries and no chargers would probably be around the $350 you're looking at.

Otherwise, I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of drawing Smiley Have you settled on the 10?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »

I'll play devil's advocate here and note that, for the price of a 'sabre with Diamond etc. installed, you could get two of the middling hilts in stunt setup as testbeds for modifications... Even set them up with the li-ion power option out of the box. I think you have an Emerald board kicking around spare from your Arbiter, although I may be mistaken on that.

A Shock + a Raven, say, with li-ion batteries and no chargers would probably be around the $350 you're looking at.

Otherwise, I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of drawing Smiley Have you settled on the 10?

I never said Emerald, someone else did. LB I think. My limit is $350 because it's $60 in postage as well. That knocks out any mid to top end hilt from that budget. Ravens are out of stock too by the way.

My Arbiter was a BR/FOC SY/V4, not emerald, and that saber has already been scrapped and rebuilt (see my post "The 815 Sanguine" http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34522.0). Only the *cough*one piece*cough* body is left over from that now.

I have decided on my 10. Some of the "undesirables" are currently out of stock, like the Bellicose and the Flamberge so it took me a little longer to narrow them down. I have done a video of me drawing the "winner" and choosing the specs of said "winner". It is uploading to YouTube as I type this post (this hotel internet is rather slow) so bear with me and I'll link it as soon as I can Smiley

*edit*

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7YQWHCEPI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7YQWHCEPI</a>

Please excuse the fact my camera decided not to rotate... but I couldn't redo it... I mean that was the point, one and done. And I'm sorry it's not brilliant picture but I was a bottle of wine down, it was 10:30pm, and I've been up since 4 am to catch my flight (it's now rolled over to midnight  Undecided  )

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2017, 02:54:55 PM »

I have enjoyed getting the grab-bags, It's kind of like Christmas morning. The collection I got in my entry for the raffle included all the ones I wished for and made me look at getting a fully tricked out one next.... Oh the choices. I have stunt versions of the Electrum Wind and Grafflex se. The EH is very tempting.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »

Please excuse the fact my camera decided not to rotate... but I couldn't redo it... I mean that was the point, one and done. And I'm sorry it's not brilliant picture but I was a bottle of wine down, it was 10:30pm, and I've been up since 4 am to catch my flight (it's now rolled over to midnight  Undecided  )

Ok I really enjoyed watching that Smiley  I hope you love the Crimson Scorp - it's come and gone on my own wish list because just too much emitter windows for me.  That and I'm more into smaller hilt sizes trying to stay at 12" or less.

If I didn't already have a semi-concrete wish list I'd be so tempted at this method Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »

I never said Emerald, someone else did. LB I think. My limit is $350 because it's $60 in postage as well. That knocks out any mid to top end hilt from that budget. Ravens are out of stock too by the way.

My Arbiter was a BR/FOC SY/V4, not emerald, and that saber has already been scrapped and rebuilt (see my post "The 815 Sanguine" http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34522.0). Only the *cough*one piece*cough* body is left over from that now.

I have decided on my 10. Some of the "undesirables" are currently out of stock, like the Bellicose and the Flamberge so it took me a little longer to narrow them down. I have done a video of me drawing the "winner" and choosing the specs of said "winner". It is uploading to YouTube as I type this post (this hotel internet is rather slow) so bear with me and I'll link it as soon as I can Smiley

*edit*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7YQWHCEPI

Isola you kill me. I'm guessing that's over $400 by the time it gets to you. I don't know that I would have done that. I think the silver av switch will look good though.  I'm hoping you win something good in the raffle to go with it.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »

I never said Emerald, someone else did. LB I think.

Tweren't me...  Tongue  Smiley

*edit*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7YQWHCEPI

Please excuse the fact my camera decided not to rotate... but I couldn't redo it... I mean that was the point, one and done. And I'm sorry it's not brilliant picture but I was a bottle of wine down, it was 10:30pm, and I've been up since 4 am to catch my flight (it's now rolled over to midnight  Undecided  )

Awesome video, Isola! I thoroughly enjoyed walking through that with you (my wife and I were giggling the whole time - thanks for a good laugh on a Tuesday afternoon). Point! So, the Crimson Scorpion, eh? That is awesome - it was fate! I have the same one on order.  I think we're both in for a pleasant surprise. Hope you love it.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »

So I am guessing that if your order ships out before the 11th, it means you didn't win?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: