Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Author Topic: A Star Wars Story: What anthology film do you want?  (Read 45800 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2018, 05:43:10 PM »

Again...bad writing. And beyond Ahsoka and Jin, I'm at a loss to find these strong female characters.

Srry, just got done with a "discussion" about how those of us that dislike Rey and Holdo...and the last Jedi just don't like strong women.

"Hello..McFly!"  Leia isn't loved just because she looked great in the Slave Bikini.  Not to mention ...ahem:

Bastilia and Satele Shan
Tenal Ka
Hera Syndulla
Jaina Solo
Mon Mothma
Admiral Daala
and of Course Freaking Mara Jade who's de-canonization single handedly cause many to write of the Disney EU all together.     Ugh  sorry  ..rant over.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2018, 05:45:49 PM »

But you know, Star Wars has never had strong interesting female characters until now....  :p

Agreed, I often wondered why. It would made it a lot more interesting

Again...bad writing. And beyond Ahsoka and Jin, I'm at a loss to find these strong female characters.

Exactly.  I would like to see Mara Jade (obviously not happening) and Maul's mother. I bet that would be cool to see, a history of Maul's mother

Srry, just got done with a "discussion" about how those of us that dislike Rey and Holdo...and the last Jedi just don't like strong women.

"Hello..McFly!"  Leia isn't loved just because she looked great in the Slave Bikini.  Not to mention ...ahem:

Bastilia and Satele Shan
Tenal Ka
Hera Syndulla
Jaina Solo
Mon Mothma
Admiral Daala
and of Course Freaking Mara Jade who's de-canonization single handedly cause many to write of the Disney EU all together.     Ugh  sorry  ..rant over.

Yes, Tenal Ka and Jaina Solo would be awesome! 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2018, 05:53:53 PM »

Bastilia and Satele Shan
Tenal Ka
Hera Syndulla
Jaina Solo
Mon Mothma
Admiral Daala
and of Course Freaking Mara Jade who's de-canonization single handedly cause many to write off the Disney EU all together.     Ugh  sorry  ..rant over.
I'm not against strong women. Leia was a very strong character, even the young Leia from TFU. I'm against the predictability of the tropes that seem to litter the Disney canon. And even though I've only read one book with Jaina, I am beyond pissed that she and Mara are out, and all we get for influential female Force wielders are......Rey. Sad

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2018, 05:56:41 PM »

I'm not against strong women. Leia was a very strong character, even the young Leia from TFU. I'm against the predictability of the tropes that seem to litter the Disney canon. And even though I've only read one book with Jaina, I am beyond pissed that she and Mara are out, and all we get for influential female Force wielders are......Rey. Sad

Exactly, I'm never one for a princess who always needs help.  Phasma alone gave a good idea that strong women are great and needed in the franchise, although they killed her.   Rey is pretty much the only Force wielder at this point. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2018, 06:14:09 PM »

Exactly, I'm never one for a princess who always needs help.  Phasma alone gave a good idea that strong women are great and needed in the franchise, although they killed her.   Rey is pretty much the only Force wielder at this point. 
Despite hating the current trilogy, I don't think Phasma is dead...yet. But she's done absolutely nothing to show that she's earned the badass rep. I would love to see a character like that properly developed as a ruthless zealot. Like a female Boba Fett mixed with Capt. Rex. Oh wait.....they already had that....twice.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2018, 06:39:15 PM »

Despite hating the current trilogy, I don't think Phasma is dead...yet. But she's done absolutely nothing to show that she's earned the badass rep. I would love to see a character like that properly developed as a ruthless zealot. Like a female Boba Fett mixed with Capt. Rex. Oh wait.....they already had that....twice.

I do hope that she returns, it would suck if it did going the Boba Fett route, well close to it.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2018, 06:47:32 PM »

Phasma's novel built some of her up, shes a survivor, at any cost.  She will do whatever, betray whoever to survive.  It even explains where she got her armor

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2018, 01:01:24 AM »

Interesting thing about Phasma, I'm sure many of you remember the hype that she was getting before TFA came out: "she's the new Boba Fett!" or "one of the three people in command of the First Order is a woman!" or "the first true female villain is finally here, rejoice!" Then the movie came out and... it was like a strange bait and switch kind of joke. Of course there was talk that Phasma's inclusion was part of an agenda, but after TFA hit theaters it seems the opposite. It's like they went out of their way to make her useless, and then compounded the issue with her role in TLJ. So odd.... and I don't think she's dead by a long shot.

Back on topic, I'm halfway through Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void and even though it isn't super good I really like the old-timey Star Wars feel. It takes tons of time to get between systems because I'm fairly sure there are no hyperdrives yet, and the Jedi (or Je'daii in the novel) don't even have lightsabers but classic metal swords. Seems unlikely that they'll go back that far into the mythos to make movies but it'd be cool.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »

that would be cool, but I doubt Disney would go for it.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »

I too hope for more screen time and action from Phasma other than her waling around or having a few sentences. 

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »

I too hope for more screen time and action from Phasma other than her waling around or having a few sentences. 

Phasma seemed like an interesting character at first, but I'm not to big a fan of her. She had no development. Disney threw her in at the beginning with no context and she didn't really do anything during 7 or 8, she did have a scene that I really liked but it was cut from the movie, it was during her fight with Finn. I do not have a link but the vid is on youtube somewhere, and it was pretty cool.

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »

Back on topic, I'm halfway through Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void and even though it isn't super good I really like the old-timey Star Wars feel. It takes tons of time to get between systems because I'm fairly sure there are no hyperdrives yet, and the Jedi (or Je'daii in the novel) don't even have lightsabers but classic metal swords. Seems unlikely that they'll go back that far into the mythos to make movies but it'd be cool.
If memory serves, this was a time before the hyperspace lanes were charted, and only Force sensitives were capable of opening up the "realm", and navigating it. Of course we are talking about a time period so ancient, TOR would still be classified as "current events".

I hope to see Disney realize the farcical folly of the current canon and reestablish a properly preened and pruned OC.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »

I hope to see Disney realize the farcical folly of the current canon and reestablish a properly preened and pruned OC.

I too hope that Disney will one day wise up but I'm also not holding my breath

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2018, 04:36:40 PM »

I too hope that Disney will one day wise up but I'm also not holding my breath

I can just see Ultron with the Rat's face; "I'll take the hope first." and we loyal fans being crushed under Sokovia.

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »

I can just see Ultron with the Rat's face; "I'll take the hope first." and we loyal fans being crushed under Sokovia.

Point for the accurate image there, Fedora.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: