Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440536 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1770 on: October 07, 2020, 12:32:28 PM »

Hopefully the design is less disjointed now and flows a bit better. Oh and the Sith variant?

Oooioohhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1771 on: October 07, 2020, 08:19:02 PM »

Okay For, both versions of the Last of the Lasat hilt are spectacular. Possibly one of my favorite designs you've done.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1772 on: October 07, 2020, 09:41:50 PM »

Hahaha, wow quick work FT. Yes that collar makes the hilt a bit better.
I like the new colorscheme, I know you did it to please Logos, but it being a Zeb saber I'm preferring the purple with black.

Hi TCCW, I like both colourschemes but I have a soft spot for the purple one, I was really pleased with the shade of purple I achieved, it is so subtle.

Oooioohhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh
I have to say this endorsement GIF is an honour, I am a fan of Yello and these guys are still creating after nearly 30 years. I hope I'm still creating after that long. Grin

Okay For, both versions of the Last of the Lasat hilt are spectacular. Possibly one of my favorite designs you've done.

And thank you Taegin, I did have a bit of fortune with this hilt but the final product turned out better than I could have planned. And as I mentioned to Logos, I hope to continue coming up with new stuff for a long time to come. Maybe I'll improve on this one...maybe!

Thanks again everyone and points all round.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1773 on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

This past week has been a pretty terrible one for me as I found out that one of my musical inspirations had died. Eddie Van Halen passed away and knocked me for a loop so I haven't really felt motivated. But I did promise a Guardians of the Galaxy hilt and as I can't post my EVH FrankenstratSaber I'll post the Yondu hilt I knocked up. Now I don't have many pics and I need to give a big shout out to Ultrasabers as you'll see...anyway this is Yondu...

Yep, I modified an Aeon and gave it a new paint scheme and Yondu Headfin. So as I say I didn't do anything too spectacular, US did most of the work with their Aeon - I just modded the fin onto it. I hope to be feeling more inclined to post a more original hilt next week. But for now thanks for looking in on this one. Till next time...

And to Eddie's family, friends, fans and the musical community as a whole my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Eddie didn't play guitar....he conducted a six stringed orchestra!  - FT

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1774 on: October 11, 2020, 10:00:46 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I'm still here but have been feeling a bit deflated. Life feels a bit slow and I've been busy trying to do some hairdressing for a project and it hasn't turned out well....but luckily I still have my saber designs to keep me positive. And this time I have another Rebels inspired hilt for a big character....

I'll be honest, this design was the result of a "Happy Little Accident" as I made an error whilst modelling the handgrip and this was the result! I tried to add some O-ring like details by cutting some slanted loops round the hilt and then "Solidifying" them to thicken the rings. However I forgot the loops were connected to the base cylinder and when I thickened the rings they duplicated and created this organic looking ridged effect! I'm not complaining...I like this one a lot.

Anyhoo, back to my other projects...thanks for looking on on this design and for your support. Till next time...
This color scheme is AWESOME, FT!  I like how this hilt turned out  Smiley  But...

And MavRick wrote: I know that I'm a little late but , That saber looks like it suits him very well so Point to you good Sir!! It looks Great as always.   Wink

Thanks guys, I have taken a big liking to this hilt too. I think it's because it's slightly organic looking and the ridges remind me of Zeb's markings.

Hi Logos, it wasn't the emitter as such, more the way it connected to the switch section of the hilt. I was distracted by the effect caused when I "created" the ridges and forgot to smooth out the emitter/switch joint. here are two pics to show what I mean...

So I added a "collar"

Hopefully the design is less disjointed now and flows a bit better. Oh and the Sith variant?

Thanks again everyone for helping improve this one.

...I REALLY like your Sith variant!  I think that the hilt flows better with the added angle  Wink

Hello Everybody,

This past week has been a pretty terrible one for me as I found out that one of my musical inspirations had died. Eddie Van Halen passed away and knocked me for a loop so I haven't really felt motivated. But I did promise a Guardians of the Galaxy hilt and as I can't post my EVH FrankenstratSaber I'll post the Yondu hilt I knocked up. Now I don't have many pics and I need to give a big shout out to Ultrasabers as you'll see...anyway this is Yondu...

Yep, I modified an Aeon and gave it a new paint scheme and Yondu Headfin. So as I say I didn't do anything too spectacular, US did most of the work with their Aeon - I just modded the fin onto it. I hope to be feeling more inclined to post a more original hilt next week. But for now thanks for looking in on this one. Till next time...

And to Eddie's family, friends, fans and the musical community as a whole my thoughts and prayers are with you.

My condolences my friend  Sad  RIP Eddie Van Halen (and I couldn't agree with you more: he DID "conduct a six stringed orchestra")

Your Yondu saber is simply perfect given the source of your inspiration.

Still: hope that you're feeling better^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1775 on: October 12, 2020, 02:15:10 AM »

Hi Dutch and thanks for the words of comfort and compliment.

Luckily I am a musician in what little time I don't mess around with Blender and sabers so I can console myself by playing Eddie's music which will (hopefully) never fade away. I play synth so at least I can do a good rendition of Jump! I felt the same when Freddie Mercury passed away all that time ago (and am still not over that). But Bohemian and Jump in my setlist isn't a bad thing.

I'm glad you liked the recent sabers I posted. Lasat was a bit of a fluke as it came from me making the wrong adjustment to the model but wow was it fortunate. I mentioned at the beginning of this thread I used other software in the past and I struggled to create realistic "organic" looking structures but with the Lasat I think it worked well - and I'm real happy with the silvery purple colour.
The Yondu hilt was a bit of a stop gap to be honest, I really felt unmotivated but again I had a great base of inspiration to build on, the Aeon V4 (I also have a few variants of this for some other non GOTG characters coming soon too).

Finally I need to thank you guys on here for the feedback so I could improve the Lasat, that added angle did neaten up the hilt. And in regards to Eddie once more, I realised yesterday that I already have a Blender EVH hilt! I posted it with another hilt and forgot I had it. A gallery will be upcoming. Cool

Thanks Dutch and keep rockin'!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1776 on: October 12, 2020, 03:01:18 PM »

Hello Everybody,

YONDU?!? Not "Mary Poppins"?

Funny story: Eddie started on piano and then drums. Shocked And Alex originally went to guitar. Then it was discovered that Alex was better on the drums, so they switched. The rest is rock'n'roll history.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1777 on: October 12, 2020, 09:19:57 PM »

Funny story: Eddie started on piano and then drums. Shocked And Alex originally went to guitar. Then it was discovered that Alex was better on the drums, so they switched. The rest is rock'n'roll history.

Hi Logos, it showed in his solos that Eddie had some Classical chops (you can hear strains of classical pieces embedded and some have Canon/In the Round feel to them). So I knew he had piano skills but I didn't know he played drums too.

At a pinch I was able to keep a rhythm going for my bandmates to play along with but I wouldn't say I could play drums.  Undecided

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1778 on: October 13, 2020, 04:08:03 AM »

Excellent work on the Yondu hilt, For Tyeth!  I love the colors you used, and you made them seem so vibrant on that hilt.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1779 on: October 13, 2020, 08:39:54 PM »

Excellent work on the Yondu hilt, For Tyeth!  I love the colors you used, and you made them seem so vibrant on that hilt.

Thanks Cyclops, much appreciated. I have recently discovered a Discord chat server dedicated to Blender users and have been chatting with the experts, including members that program add-on software for Blender! I have posted a few sabers there and the hilts were well received and I got some helpful feedback on texturing and lighting.
I had to join that Discord channel cos most of the members were posting WAY TOO MANY pictures of blasters so I had to bring some civility and my lightsabers to their site  Grin
Thanks again. +1

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1780 on: October 17, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »

Hello Everybody...

As a follow up to last week's sad news of the passing of Eddie Van Halen, I mentioned I had designed a saber for him a few years ago. However as it used "Other Guys" tech I couldn't post it here, but I also mentioned I would make a brand new design in his honour using Blender. Well, as my mind was so scrambled last week I totally forgot I had already designed an EVH themed hilt! So I tidied the model up and added a few tweaks and I now present to you the "Eruption Saber"

Now some might recognise this hilt but I have given it a distinct over the top EVH look to it. I have also modified it from my original "Master K Saber" design by including a volcanic crystal chamber! The winged VH logo is also a 3D model that I built. Hopefully this is a more fitting tribute to Eddie.

Thanks for looking in on this design and all the comments/constructive criticism it helps a lot.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1781 on: October 20, 2020, 01:19:49 PM »

I absolutely LOVE THIS, For! I love how you incorporate the graphic into the saber. Points incoming for this

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1782 on: October 20, 2020, 05:15:03 PM »

Hello Everybody...

As a follow up to last week's sad news of the passing of Eddie Van Halen, I mentioned I had designed a saber for him a few years ago. However as it used "Other Guys" tech I couldn't post it here, but I also mentioned I would make a brand new design in his honour using Blender. Well, as my mind was so scrambled last week I totally forgot I had already designed an EVH themed hilt! So I tidied the model up and added a few tweaks and I now present to you the "Eruption Saber"

Now some might recognise this hilt but I have given it a distinct over the top EVH look to it. I have also modified it from my original "Master K Saber" design by including a volcanic crystal chamber! The winged VH logo is also a 3D model that I built. Hopefully this is a more fitting tribute to Eddie.

Thanks for looking in on this design and all the comments/constructive criticism it helps a lot.
I love this color scheme, FT!  Not only is this a fitting tribute to Eddie but also yet another incredibly detailed saber rendering  Smiley

Wonderful work^^

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1783 on: October 20, 2020, 05:21:50 PM »

For, I'm sure Eddie would approve. I love the crystal reveal.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1784 on: October 20, 2020, 09:35:09 PM »

I absolutely LOVE THIS, For! I love how you incorporate the graphic into the saber. Points incoming for this
I love this color scheme, FT!  Not only is this a fitting tribute to Eddie but also yet another incredibly detailed saber rendering  Smiley
Wonderful work^^ Point!
For, I'm sure Eddie would approve. I love the crystal reveal.

Hi guys, thanks so much for the comments. My memory was a little scrambled and I forgot I had built this but when I did remember I had it, it gave me the chance to fix the model (there were jagged edges on the shroud cutout of the original model) and add the crystal chamber. I imagined this saber had a "volcanic" crystal and it was so powerful and ready to ERUPT(ion) it had to be caged!
Fortunately Eddie and his music will never be forgotten or caged.

points on their way to you all, thanks for the support as always.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: