Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: SW: Clone Wars—Thoughts?  (Read 13557 times)
StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« on: January 25, 2019, 02:44:39 AM »

I’ve never watched this. I’m not sure why. But I’m enjoying the first season. However, I read that there were seasons 7 and 8 planned that never got slated by Disney after they took over. Am I going to be disappointed with how it all ends? Or does it continue to be anthology stories that are at least self contained within the completed seasons?

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »

They're working on more episodes.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »

They're working on more episodes.

Yup.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 05:31:47 AM »

TCW is my ultimate Star Wars, it's my favourite part of anything put on screen by the franchise.  I just love it, and I will confidently say it gets better going fwd from the first season.

WARNING: SPOILERS

If you're new to TCW or are just into it then I'd suggest skipping this.  This is a recent trailer by SW about the up coming episodes of this series.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »

Good find, haz!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 06:43:40 AM »

I’ve never watched this. I’m not sure why. But I’m enjoying the first season. However, I read that there were seasons 7 and 8 planned that never got slated by Disney after they took over. Am I going to be disappointed with how it all ends? Or does it continue to be anthology stories that are at least self contained within the completed seasons?
How deep do you like your plot concepts?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 09:55:12 PM »

Good find, haz!

Thanks, brother Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »

How deep do you like your plot concepts?

Extremely deep.

And thanks for the update, guys. Glad they’ll be making more. Because so far this is a welcome addition to the prequel storyline and fleshes things out rather well Smiley

Haz...I’m not even finished with season one, but from what I have gleaned of the storyline, I can see those spoilers, especially Asoka. Wasn’t there a line in one of the films that mentioned Anakin losing his Padawan? But joining the clones looks VERY interesting indeed! Looking forward.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 10:48:41 PM »

Seasons 1 and 2 are my least favorite. Starting at 3 they are absolutely amazing. Also, on one of you next watch throughs, I'd suggest watching them in chronological order. It makes even the stupid episodes that I despised on my first watch through bearable. Also, Logos is well known for disliking the show ( Wink ), so just know that even though he is loud about it, there are many many people on here who do like it. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 11:05:22 PM »

Seasons 1 and 2 are my least favorite. Starting at 3 they are absolutely amazing. Also, on one of you next watch throughs, I'd suggest watching them in chronological order. It makes even the stupid episodes that I despised on my first watch through bearable. Also, Logos is well known for disliking the show ( Wink ), so just know that even though he is loud about it, there are many many people on here who do like it. Grin

Thanks, Teag. Glad to know the best is yet to come.

Logos—I would totally like to hear your thoughts once I am a little further along with it. At this point, I probably wouldn’t be able to agree or disagree with you. But I appreciate strong opinions. In the long run, I expect I will find things to enjoy about the show even if it doesn’t live up to my expectations...because, hey, Star Wars, and secondly, the prequel stories is when I worked on some of the comics, so it will always have a certain place in my heart even though it has it’s flaws.

Saber Arsenal:

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 11:51:15 PM »

I've seen up to about halfway through season 3, back when I had Netflix. It really does get better as it goes. Ahsoka grows up a bit in season 3, which helps a lot, in my opinion. Also, while the show remained family friendly, it gets less childish. I mean, the first 2 seasons are good, but they really upped their game for 3.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 12:04:01 AM »

I despised season 1 and tolerated season 2.  Season 3 and beyond are much better with the last "real" season being the best.  I almost stopped watching it after the first episode when Yoda had to sit down with the clone troopers and give them a "pep talk".  Really?  I honestly don't like any of the Yoda centered episodes.  But, my wife (who had already watched the entire series) promised it would get better.  I am excited about the new upcoming seasons.  It can't be any worse than "Resistance".  I find nothing enjoyable about that show but my wife insists on watching it.  

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 12:24:15 AM »

So the general consensus is season 3 is where things take off.  I’ve overlooked a few oddball things in favor of the stories adding to the period the movie trilogy short changed a lot. We hear of these fantastic adventures Obi Wan and Anakin were on, but I always had the feeling that the movies were a hodpoge of scenes showing highlights of the bigger story. They were visually gorgeous, but I felt portrayed Anakin as being right on the edge of slipping into Vader so fast. And I wished there had been more to the story and progression of his temper and impatience. Because Lord Sidious manipulated him too easily. And I also wanted to see more of their relationship building.

Hoping CW builds on these things further.

Saber Arsenal:

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 12:37:58 AM »

There's some good stuff in the first two seasons for sure. But, yeah, the third is where it really gets good. I need to finish the series one of these days. I have the Blu-Rays, but I stopped watching those after season 1.  Embarrassed

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 06:22:47 PM »

I've seen up to about halfway through season 3, back when I had Netflix. It really does get better as it goes. Ahsoka grows up a bit in season 3, which helps a lot, in my opinion. Also, while the show remained family friendly, it gets less childish. I mean, the first 2 seasons are good, but they really upped their game for 3.

I hated Ahsoka until she got a bit older. Then she became one of my favorite characters.

I despised season 1 and tolerated season 2.  Season 3 and beyond are much better with the last "real" season being the best.  I almost stopped watching it after the first episode when Yoda had to sit down with the clone troopers and give them a "pep talk".  Really?  I honestly don't like any of the Yoda centered episodes.  But, my wife (who had already watched the entire series) promised it would get better.  I am excited about the new upcoming seasons.  It can't be any worse than "Resistance".  I find nothing enjoyable about that show but my wife insists on watching it. 

Ironically, this episode was the first one I ever remember watching, and this was long before I had Netflix and actually watched the show. It was on cable at my grandparents house (probably airing or something), and I felt the same way then as you do now. I do need to watch Resistance, but I tried the first 3 episodes and couldn't get into it. I'll probably watch it sometime, but right now I have other things to watch (Young Justice Season 3 anyone?).

Hoping CW builds on these things further.

Yes it does. And it does it very well (IMO). It also gives us a look at the clones as people. In the movies, we never really see anything about them, and so they are never thought about. After watching TCW you really start to realize they were important in so many ways. I think the first time I actually felt something for them was in (I think) season 3 episode 1. One of my favorite episodes of the series right there. Heavily centered on a squad of clones, two of which go on to become two of my favorite characters in the show.

There's some good stuff in the first two seasons for sure. But, yeah, the third is where it really gets good. I need to finish the series one of these days. I have the Blu-Rays, but I stopped watching those after season 1.  Embarrassed

Lucky. I'd like to get them all on Blu-Ray sometime just so I can have them.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: