Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: SW: Clone Wars—Thoughts?  (Read 13451 times)
StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2019, 04:09:23 AM »

At this point, I think I want to take this first run through in the order they were released in. If I like continue to like it, I’ll definitely want to get them on disc. Which will be easier organize in sequence.

I’ve only last year finally watched the movies in chronological order. Something i kept putting off until next time—and finally did it. It was certainly a different experience, but also made me see the indoscrepancies in ANH. But that’s a whole other subject Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2019, 12:09:35 PM »

I am of the mind, at least for someone who has never seen Star Wars, the films should be watched in the order they came out.  For first time viewers the shock of the reveal of Vader being Luke's father would be ruined if they watched the prequels first. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2019, 08:35:01 PM »

That’s exactly my take. And watching the prequels first, it seems like such a huge coincidence that Vader takes Leia prisoner, who just happens to be his daughter, then the droids who escape end up on a planet, and in the possession of his son. It’s alway the large thing we have to accept in an otherwise exemplary screenplay that has held up as an example for screenwriters to learn from decades later. But would stand out as potentially seeming ridiculous to a potential newcomer who watched the prequels first. I think you have to experience SW in the order they were released in to get caught up in the story in the way it was intended for folks.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »

At this point, I think I want to take this first run through in the order they were released in. If I like continue to like it, I’ll definitely want to get them on disc. Which will be easier organize in sequence.

I’ve only last year finally watched the movies in chronological order. Something i kept putting off until next time—and finally did it. It was certainly a different experience, but also made me see the indoscrepancies in ANH. But that’s a whole other subject Smiley
Other than screwing up your Netflix queue for episodes, there really isn't a lot of jumping around.

I am of the mind, at least for someone who has never seen Star Wars, the films should be watched in the order they came out.  For first time viewers the shock of the reveal of Vader being Luke's father would be ruined if they watched the prequels first. 
THANKS FOR THE SPOILER. Now I won't be able to sleep for a week. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 06:48:21 PM »

Good to see Ki-Adi-Mundi being used in some of the stories. One of the most underused of the Jedi Council!

Saber Arsenal:

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »

Good to see Ki-Adi-Mundi being used in some of the stories. One of the most underused of the Jedi Council!

Same with Plo Koon

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »

Agreed. And considering George Lucas has a history for each of these characters more vast than could ever be explained in the movies...it’s nice to see them being used a bit more in this series.

Saber Arsenal:

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2019, 08:20:59 PM »

I watched the interrogation episode this morning. Very Vader. An overall good episode for Ahsoka’s character as well. I liked the discussion between the two Palawan, especially Ahsoka’s views on Anakin. And since he is teaching her...lots of interesting possibilities ahead  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2019, 09:45:55 PM »

I watched the interrogation episode this morning. Very Vader. An overall good episode for Ahsoka’s character as well. I liked the discussion between the two Palawan, especially Ahsoka’s views on Anakin. And since he is teaching her...lots of interesting possibilities ahead  Smiley

Aye.  When My wife and I first watched that episode I told her that was his "Vader" walk as he was coming down the corridor.  Of course the Imperial March was the cincher on it.  This is one of the strengths of Clone Wars.  Showing the "small" moments Vader began to peak out.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »

Aye.  When My wife and I first watched that episode I told her that was his "Vader" walk as he was coming down the corridor.  Of course the Imperial March was the cincher on it.  This is one of the strengths of Clone Wars.  Showing the "small" moments Vader began to peak out.
I will agree with that.

There was actually a deleted scene from TPM, in which Anakin gets into a fight with a known Rodian. Wink I wish they would have left it in. It would have helped establish that Anakin, though good natured, has a temper.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2019, 10:57:45 PM »

I will agree with that.

There was actually a deleted scene from TPM, in which Anakin gets into a fight with a known Rodian. Wink I wish they would have left it in. It would have helped establish that Anakin, though good natured, has a temper.

Feel the same.  That's why in all honestly I think Anakin should have been a bit older.  15-16 is what I always envisioned.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2019, 12:44:03 PM »

How about the 'Machete Order'?
https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

I used it to introduce my wife to Star Wars and in my opinion it worked quite well Wink

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2019, 01:19:38 PM »

How about the 'Machete Order'?
https://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

I used it to introduce my wife to Star Wars and in my opinion it worked quite well Wink
The what-the-wha?

NM, read part of the article. He makes a valid point.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2019, 01:43:41 PM »

I can see his points...but I don't agree with them.  For one his only complaint about the Release Order is Hayden's appearance in ROTJ.  This heavily implies people will ONLY show the Re mastered versions to someone....I don't.  Secondly, Star Wars is actually not about Luke...its about Anakin.  Yes Luke was the first hero we saw but Lucas always had the rough shape of the story in his mind...direct quote from Lucas:

"It’s a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that’s kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there’s three worlds: There’s my world that I made up, there’s the licensing world that’s the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there’s the fans’ world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don’t always mesh. All I’m in charge of is my world. I can’t be in charge of those other people’s world, because I can’t keep up with it."

So, first 6 films are actually Anakin's story...his rise, fall and redemption. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »

I can see his points...but I don't agree with them.  For one his only complaint about the Release Order is Hayden's appearance in ROTJ.  This heavily implies people will ONLY show the Re mastered versions to someone....I don't.  Secondly, Star Wars is actually not about Luke...its about Anakin.  Yes Luke was the first hero we saw but Lucas always had the rough shape of the story in his mind...direct quote from Lucas:

"It’s a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that’s kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there’s three worlds: There’s my world that I made up, there’s the licensing world that’s the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there’s the fans’ world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don’t always mesh. All I’m in charge of is my world. I can’t be in charge of those other people’s world, because I can’t keep up with it."

So, first 6 films are actually Anakin's story...his rise, fall and redemption. 
I was under the impression that the saga was about the Skywalkers as a family; which is why if Rey isn't Luke's, we riot.

Re-mastered? More like re-trash-tered. There was only one...count 'em...ONE edit that even remotely added to the story, despite simultaneously detracting slightly: Jabba showing in ANH. Yes it was filmed, back in the day, but it was before the Hutts were really fleshed out as giant slugs. And honestly it really didn't add anything that hadn't been previously established verbally: Han owes Jabba a $#!%-ton of money. Theatrically it was a let down because back then you spent 2 movies wondering who/what the hell Jabba was, and then ROTJ....BAM! He's a giant slug of a crime boss.

And you just gave me a horrifying idea that they are going to try to have Anakin's ghost show up and have a heart to heart with Kyle. <barf>

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: