Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Your online name  (Read 20587 times)
Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 08:05:39 PM »

Points for opening this thread, I like it!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 08:13:47 PM »

Malik (1st name) and Thanewulf (last name) were the names of a couple of dungeons and dragons characters I had growing up. My daughters thought they sounded good together. They see me more as a Grey Jedi and I find that I agree, although I  DO have Major Sith like tendencies. actually was going to use my sith name (Darth Malice).

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

MANDALORIAN
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

#thisistheway

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 08:21:35 PM »

How'd everyone come up with their online names? Any funny or unique stories?

I picked up the Taz nickname when I was about 3 years old bc of my bratty temper. The Flyr part was added in my early 20's when I used to skydive. Used it ever since and the funny thing is that many folks still use it IRL even today.  Next?

During the launch of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019, I started getting good at fps again, and also was sort of pressured to try out disneyplus, but my honeyboo started to fall in love with the baby yoda character, and I felt really proud of triggering the nuke victory by getting 30+ kills in COD MW 2019, and also enjoyed the Rise of Skywalker movie, that made me research custom sabers, so with all that fun experience, I found the mandalorian to be my preferred saberforum name!!! It also helped listening to The Hu's "Wolf Totem" song with papa roach singer on repeat!! #thisistheway

ULTRASABERS:

*CHOSEN ONE CE FOR THE WIFEY

*MENACE CE “ “

*INITIATE V4 “ “

*APPRENTICE V4 “ “

*GUARDIAN

*BATTLE SABER V3

*FLAMBERGE CE

*FRANKENSABER 2020 SCORPION/REAPER/DORINIAN/BROOD GUARD LE

Frenzi3d_Ronin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 08:23:44 PM »

A ronin was a samurai without a master, either losing their master by their deaths, being released from them, or for some other reason. Though they were given kind of a bad rep, they typically fought the good fight, just on their own terms. However, since they were mercs, they were comparatively morally ambiguous, much like me. While I would typically be a good guy, Im not afraid of using darkness to fight darkness or for self-benefit, especially if its for the greater good. additionally, ronin sounded cooler than mercenary

Frenzied came from one of Kylo's abilities in battlefront 2 called "frenzy", where he'd leap towards an enemy and deliver a flurry of  combo blows, growling oftentimes. Id love to pull off this particular combo in real-life one day.

There's nothing, no opponent I cannot beat (eventually).
light side, dark side, why not relish both?
I relish the fight, shall never back down, and will win no matter the cost.
In a battle, 1, 2, 3 opponents against me, their sabers against my own, that is my home.
I serve no master or side, for I am my own, but I will always fight the good fight.
I am a ronin, and this is my oath.

Sabers:
Dominix LE v4 stunt GB
Dominix v4 stunt w/windows and A/V switch BR
Grab Bag Saber--Dark Apprentice v4 stunt GB

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 09:11:53 PM »

Points for opening this thread, I like it!

Thanks!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »

I got my name from one of the first books I read in 2002 "The Curse of Chalion". I got hooked on the series and started using it as an online name for all my online activities. I figured for Xbox beta testing a shorter name was easier to render and less likely to get noticed in the fps at the time.

Oh yeah, point for starting the thread.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 09:54:37 PM »

As Tepes said, the Darth is self explanatory for the most part. I initially thought about going Jedi, but after finding out that part of my hyperactivity is being hyper-emotional. So I figured, why not use those emotions as a strength? Therefore....dark side.

Logos on the other hand came from several inspirations. At first I wanted something that was close to my real name, L O G O S has 4 of the 7 letters, in sequence, of my family name. I also chose Logos because I wanted a name that denoted intelligence and logic, and the appeal of logic in an argument is called "logos". And as evidenced throughout the forum many times, this just happens to fit me like a tailored glove. Grin Finally, I picked Logos because I was inspired by the character Darth Phobos being derived from the Greek God of fear.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 10:59:37 PM »

During the launch of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019, I started getting good at fps again, and also was sort of pressured to try out disneyplus, but my honeyboo started to fall in love with the baby yoda character, and I felt really proud of triggering the nuke victory by getting 30+ kills in COD MW 2019, and also enjoyed the Rise of Skywalker movie, that made me research custom sabers, so with all that fun experience, I found the mandalorian to be my preferred saberforum name!!! It also helped listening to The Hu's "Wolf Totem" song with papa roach singer on repeat!! #thisistheway

Are you going light or dark side? So I know which way to throw your point?

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2020, 12:58:46 AM »

Short answer: Final Fantasy X and Star Wars Galaxies

Long answer: Zanar comes from the narrator at the beginning of Final Fantasy X, when you're running down the road as Tidus towards the Blitzball stadium. Crestrider came from the character creator in Star Wars Galaxies as a random surname when I made a character on a friend's account way back in the day. I had the surname first for a couple months before I found the perfect first name. Been using it for well over 15 years at this point. I have only encountered one or two instances where the name is taken, and I honestly can't figure out how anyone else would have come up with it themselves.

Light side points when warranted

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2020, 01:23:15 AM »

Maestro = Maestro is Italian for master (appropriate in SW circles) but in modern English, it refers to a conductor or music teacher, particularly one with a high skill level.  This is appropriate as I am a band director by birth.  Well, since 5th grade when my future band director - and friend of the family - showed me that my destiny was in being a band director.  Though he couldn't officially teach me how to be a band director since this was in middle school and high school, I watched him and was mindful.  Now, I train teach my own padawans students in the way of the musical arts with several becoming "Maestros". 

Jones = Refers to my other fandom and collecting addiction - Indiana Jones. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Redokami
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2020, 02:14:34 AM »

Red = favorite color
Okami = wolf in Japanese

(Ordered 1/30/20 - Received 4/23/20)
Dark Initiate LE V5 (My First Saber)
  - Obsidian v4
  - Blazing Red
  - FoC Violet Amethyst
  - 36” UltraEdge Heavy
  - Dark Warglaive 2 Pommel
  - Red Illuminated Silver AV Switch

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2020, 03:35:04 AM »

Therion Jinn, the Emperor's Wrath, is one of the main characters I use in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Deliberately made the character human for cosplay purposes

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 05:20:56 AM »

Super boring but Lord as in...lord...could be a Jedi lord or sith or neither...S for my initial and Gray not for gray jedi but Dorian Gray a favourite book and a solidly ambiguous surname. And as has been said cool thread idea.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Atanvarno
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 11:12:31 AM »

My online name is my middle name, Alexander (or Alexandru in my native tongue) translated into the elvish dialect of Quenya. I'm also a huge Tolkien fan. Hence this name is pretty rare, i used it on forums because is convenient.
Great stories everyone, great topic. Lots of cool facts to learn about people.
@Darth Tepes: you should change the orthography to be more accurate in Darth Țepeș Wink
@Darth Syronimus: 4 years of Latin. That is cool. I always found it funny in movies how english speaking natives spell latin.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »

Therion Jinn, the Emperor's Wrath, is one of the main characters I use in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Deliberately made the character human for cosplay purposes
Always helps. Although I did meet a rather creative young member of the Jedi Council that used one of those dumb Jurassic World T-Rex masks to great effect, in order to be a different species.

Infinite01 is my DJ and gamer handle since I started in my teens. I go with Infinit01 without the e with some websites due to Infinite01 being taken but its still pronounced Infinite.

Back story:
Infinite means limitless or endless in space, extent, or size which is impossible to measure or calculate.

I use Infinite01 which stands for infinity plus one which is a hyperreal used in mathematics. The system of hyperreal numbers is a way of treating infinite and infinitesimal quantities. The hyperreals, or nonstandard reals, *R, are an extension of the real numbers R that contains numbers greater than anything of the form

1 + 1 + ⋯ + 1 {\displaystyle 1+1+\cdots +1} {\displaystyle 1+1+\cdots +1} (for any finite number of terms).

Such numbers are infinite, and their reciprocals are infinitesimals

It stuck with me but I shorten it from Infinity plus one to Infinite01 since it sounds better
Computer nerd  Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: