Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497659 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6075 on: May 30, 2018, 08:54:53 PM »

chosen one, graflex, can name a few that aren't that great to handle but look cool.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6076 on: May 30, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »

Hate to bust your bubbles, but another vendor has already put out a saber that resembles this.
What does that matter?  UltraSabers could make this saber, and probably do it better than the other guys.
Just look at how many versions of the Graflex, and Chosen One there are out there.
So consider my bubble completely intact.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6077 on: May 30, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »

If Ultra Sabers can make the Sword of Omens then why not old man Maul's Rebels lightsaber? Tongue Can be basically a separate piece like on the Omen basically. I can see this happening for sure =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6078 on: May 31, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »

Also do cut down back on the blades some? Did do a measurement the other day because I plan to cut one of my blades and they're actually close to 37 inches. Its like 36 1/8 inches long total I think if I remember right. A bit too long for my liking x.x Maybe do some testing with 35 inch blades? I actually prefer that blade length now days. Not saying the blades were never a bad length, just too long to me anyway. Plus the longer the hilt the longer reach you have too and if you're just messing around that could cause some problems at some point. Just a thought though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6079 on: May 31, 2018, 08:40:33 PM »

this would be a great suggestion to people deciding on buying as well, pay attention to blade and hilt lengths. 32" blade on an initiate works great pending on height, a 36" blade on a hilt over 14 inches think wisely if it would function for you.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6080 on: May 31, 2018, 09:19:40 PM »

They do have a custom midgrade blade option that you can have cat at any length.

Plus now they don't glue down the film so that should make it a lot easier to cut down any blade yourself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #6081 on: May 31, 2018, 09:27:44 PM »

It'd be nice to have an option to upgrade the internals.  Namely:

* 18650 battery
* An internal recharge port.  For stunt setups, the port would be mounted axially, behind the battery.  For sound setups, the port would be mounted radially, behind the speaker.
* All of this mounted onto an internal chassis frame

Thus, to recharge, take the pommel off and plug in the charger.  Sliding the chassis out shouldn't be required for stunt setups, and only a minimal extraction for sound setups, so this would greatly reduc wear-and-tear on the wiring.  (I use my sabers about once a week, and some wiring usually dies after about 2 years.  Usually it's the leads to the battery pack.)

I guess I can just order an empty hilt, get supplies from other suppliers, and try my hand at soldering, but I'm partial to a one-shop solution.  Smiley  And since US already does pay-for-only-what-you-want, I would hope this would fit in well with their business model.

(No, I don't want an external recharge port -- I don't like having an extra hole in the saber.  1, it's yet another way for dust to get in; 2, it can sometimes nick my hand.  Plus, half of the point of this is to upgrade to an 18650 battery.)

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #6082 on: June 01, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »

* 18650 battery
* An internal recharge port.  For stunt setups, the port would be mounted axially, behind the battery.  For sound setups, the port would be mounted radially, behind the speaker.

Thus, to recharge, take the pommel off and plug in the charger.  Sliding the chassis out shouldn't be required for stunt setups, and only a minimal extraction for sound setups, so this would greatly reduce wear-and-tear on the wiring.  (I use my sabers about once a week, and some wiring usually dies after about 2 years.  Usually it's the leads to the battery pack.)

I guess I can just order an empty hilt, get supplies from other suppliers, and try my hand at soldering, but I'm partial to a one-shop solution.  Smiley  And since US already does pay-for-only-what-you-want, I would hope this would fit in well with their business model.

(No, I don't want an external recharge port -- I don't like having an extra hole in the saber.  1, it's yet another way for dust to get in; 2, it can sometimes nick my hand.  Plus, half of the point of this is to upgrade to an 18650 battery.)

This, this, 1000x this.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #6083 on: June 03, 2018, 10:59:39 PM »

Apologies. I tried to read through and see if this has already been suggested.

Ben Solo Hilt!

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6084 on: June 04, 2018, 12:21:29 AM »

* 18650 battery

I guess I can just order an empty hilt, get supplies from other suppliers, and try my hand at soldering, but I'm partial to a one-shop solution.  Smiley 

I'm going to try this, internally wiring parts into a hilt I have right now. The option I purchased has a recharge port as you indicated, inside, attached to a chassis, with a 18650 battery with a sound card. Parts cost about $100, so it's not terribly expensive, but i'm going to have one of the kids at work do the soldering since my hands aren't that steady.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6085 on: June 04, 2018, 01:24:24 AM »

Hi All and those at Ultrasabers,

I was thinking now that Exar Kun has been named in the new Visual Dictionary for SOLO and is possibly canon, maybe the Ultrasabers team could come up with a double bladed, single hilt body design based on Exar's hilt.

I do have a few ideas on how the saber could be designed to work (both the hilt body machining and the electronics setup) and there are a few Sith around here that might like one.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6086 on: June 04, 2018, 02:29:27 AM »

Hi All and those at Ultrasabers,

I was thinking now that Exar Kun has been named in the new Visual Dictionary for SOLO and is possibly canon, maybe the Ultrasabers team could come up with a double bladed, single hilt body design based on Exar's hilt.

I do have a few ideas on how the saber could be designed to work (both the hilt body machining and the electronics setup) and there are a few Sith around here that might like one.
The double-blade, single hilt trick CAN be done. I know, I basically did that with the Wrath.
The trick is making it easy to get at the batteries

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6087 on: June 04, 2018, 03:04:27 AM »

The double-blade, single hilt trick CAN be done. I know, I basically did that with the Wrath.
The trick is making it easy to get at the batteries

Hi Therion Jinn,

I thought the concept was sound. I imagined  using Malice emitters but with slightly reshaped emitter claws (to make them more claw and less Axe like). I didn't know if it was possible to have the second  emitter (acting as a pommel) on slightly longer wiring leads fpr the LED and run the wires past the speaker (I have seen speakers mounted slightly off perpendicular so there is a gap between the speaker rim and the inside hilt wall). You could then carefully unscrew the second emitter as you would a pommel to access the battery sled as normal.
Slots or holes could be discretely milled into the hilt body for sound venting. Just some ideas I had kicking around.

EDIT: I just saw your avatar picture and can see the modification you made! Point incoming.

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #6088 on: June 04, 2018, 09:27:23 AM »

I want to see Nunchucks sabers. Just like what bruce lee is holding in my profile photo.  It would be awesome.

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6089 on: June 04, 2018, 05:03:54 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kHXf7mSD8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kHXf7mSD8</a>
[/url

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: