Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Author Topic: Li-Ion Battery Setup HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (Please Read Me)  (Read 175640 times)
AndreBlizz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2016, 08:11:26 AM »

And what is so specific about this charger? A proprietary plug? Unique voltage amount? Insanely large Amper requirement?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 907

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2016, 08:34:54 AM »

1. Not propietary, I think, but the Recharge Port and the charger plug are geared to each other - especially in size. Finding a different charger with the right plug without knowing the model and size of the Port may become very difficult.

2. Voltage range is 100-240V, so nothing special here. It's established for many contemporary electronic and electric devices.

3. No, but its output is either 0.2 A (slow charger) or 1.2 A (fast charger). The slow charger can't charge a saber that is turned on - its output is lower than the amount the saber needs when turned on. Only the fast charger will charge a saber that is turned on.

4. The most important feature of both chargers is that they can "trickle-charge", hence the name "Smart Charger". That means once the batteries are full, the charger turns off. Once the voltage drops below a certain limit (due to normal battery draining in sabers without kill keys), the charger begins charging again. This is not implemented in many chargers, but quite important to maintain the functionality of the Li-Ion batteries.

Sig by Master Nero

Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS
Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)
Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

OAK1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -13

Say When

« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »

I got lucky twice. My mystery box came with rechargeable, but no charger. Lucky for me I had a nice one for my flashlight batteries. Nitecore digicharger D2. Does Li Ion Ni MH and Ni Cad.

All is as the Force wills it. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 13

Never underestimate the high ground!

« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »

Does the LI charger come with the input and output cables? Mine came with just the docking station and no cables?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 907

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »

The Smart Chargers for the Recharge Ports come fully assembled. The cradle chargers for spare batteries only come with the power supply unit, obviously.

Sig by Master Nero

Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS
Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)
Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

The Force of the North. Trained by Chirrut ╬mwe

« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2018, 05:21:18 PM »

This is good info still. I didnt know at first that i had to use 3.7 v batteries specifically so i once replaced the batteries with basic  duracell batteries ..and when i did that...the sound was quieter and there was no light at all. U defnally can only use the 3.7v batteries.

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: